ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 929 of 2694
« First < 429829879919925926927928929 930931932933939979102914291929 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:23 PM 08-29-2018
WTF. Fax is back?

Fax is back!
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:24 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
WTF. Fax is back?

Fax is back!
Fax will never be back.

Fax was replaced by Email a long time ago and we're not going back now.
[Reply]
FAX 05:25 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
WTF. Fax is back?

Fax is back!
I can't explain it either, Mr. duncan_idaho.

FAX THE EQUALLY CONFOUNDED
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:27 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Keitzman slamming Mahomes again today.

Mahomes is a turnover machine.

Expect a lot more turnovers. Alex knew how to set up the punter better than Mahomes. The best part of the Chiefs defense was Alex Smith.

https://omny.fm/shows/between-the-li...a-894dd608d3f7
Well Kevin, that would be great and all if.. you know... Alex’s job hasn’t been to lead the offense. :-)

I bet he was pissed off last year when we played New England and Smith didn’t just manage that game.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:28 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Easy fix, Mr. Halfcan.

We start "Texas Gunslinger" magazine.

Perhaps we can have a centerfold, too?

FAX THE PROBLEM SOLVER
:-)

Excellent!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:39 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watson is on the cover of SI with a huge write-up declaring him the best QB ever...

meanwhile, they pick Chiefs to go 7-9 and Mahomes is a reckless gunslinger.

If we drafted Watson instead- they would still pick us to go 7-9 and Watson would be considered the injury risk QB he is.

Mahomes would be on the cover as the Texas Gunslinger and be receiving all the adulation that Watson is getting.

The true turnover machine, Watson is a reckless gunslinger with bad knees who can only throw it up to Hopkins.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:59 PM 08-29-2018
The true turnover machine, Watson is a reckless gunslinger with bad knees who can only throw it up to Hopkins.
It worked pretty good for Watson last year. Guess we will see if he can keep it going this year. I wouldn’t bet against him.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:17 PM 08-29-2018
I think it’s obvious Mahomes will throw more INTs than Smith but the real annoyance really comes when people try to equate that to being some crippling disaster that will destroy the team.

First, I don’t believe he is going to be losing any games with three turnovers simply because in a given game there will be a plethora of open receivers all over the field that don’t require a difficult throw by his standards. And the few difficult throws or decisions he may have certainly won’t be automatic INTs due to arm talent.

Also, it needs to repeated that the context of INTs matters. It doesn’t matter one bit if he throws double the picks of Smith if half of them occur in a situation in which you were just going to punt to that spot on the next play after a check down or QB scramble. Sometimes it will result in picks but others will be TDs so it will still be a net gain for the offense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:08 PM 08-29-2018
https://youtu.be/CaJJS84Vzxg
[Reply]
Coogs 05:28 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mahomes has played basically played 5 quarters in the preseason and has 1 pick.
You have to include the phantom INT's. They count too.

And then there was that day in camp about a month ago when he had those 3 INT's. You surely remember those? One came on an offsides penalty free down type of play. (Alex would have taken a knee and just accepted the 5 free yards, instead of taking the 5 free yards after the interception). One on a rollout where he could have just ran it in for a TD, but didn't want to because he had on the yellow jersey and the defense couldn't tackle him. And one where he called a play, and thought he had called a different play, and wasn't on the same page with his receivers.

He's a turnover machine.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:33 AM 08-30-2018
Keitzman slamming Mahomes again today.

Mahomes is a turnover machine.

Expect a lot more turnovers. Alex knew how to set up the punter better than Mahomes. The best part of the Chiefs defense was Alex Smith.

https://omny.fm/shows/between-the-li...a-894dd608d3f7
We will see, but I think Mahomes will be better for the defense than Smith was. Mahomes has a better chance to keep the chains moving by challenging the sticks, than just accepting a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 7 and punting. Moving the chains keeps the defense on the sidelines. That in turn makes the defense better/fresher.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:46 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
You have to include the phantom INT's. They count too.

And then there was that day in camp about a month ago when he had those 3 INT's. You surely remember those? One came on an offsides penalty free down type of play. (Alex would have taken a knee and just accepted the 5 free yards, instead of taking the 5 free yards after the interception). One on a rollout where he could have just ran it in for a TD, but didn't want to because he had on the yellow jersey and the defense couldn't tackle him. And one where he called a play, and thought he had called a different play, and wasn't on the same page with his receivers.

He's a turnover machine.
You’re an idiot.
[Reply]
PmCakes 06:52 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I think it’s obvious Mahomes will throw more INTs than Smith but the real annoyance really comes when people try to equate that to being some crippling disaster that will destroy the team.

First, I don’t believe he is going to be losing any games with three turnovers simply because in a given game there will be a plethora of open receivers all over the field that don’t require a difficult throw by his standards. And the few difficult throws or decisions he may have certainly won’t be automatic INTs due to arm talent.

Also, it needs to repeated that the context of INTs matters. It doesn’t matter one bit if he throws double the picks of Smith if half of them occur in a situation in which you were just going to punt to that spot on the next play after a check down or QB scramble. Sometimes it will result in picks but others will be TDs so it will still be a net gain for the offense.
To a degree mahomes can get away with turnovers. It'll help having Kareem there to protect the rock at the rate he does and we should hope it continues.

New England has the fewest turnovers of any team over the last 10 years let's not act like he can be mistake prone and there won't be consequences...defenses tire out far quicker than offenses do relative to time spent on the field.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:09 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I can't explain it either, Mr. duncan_idaho.

FAX THE EQUALLY CONFOUNDED
It's Mahomes Hope, and you know it.

There hasn't been a reason to be so optimistic about this team since 95-97 when we were duped.

Well, except during the Priest Holmes era, in which we were duped again.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:34 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
You’re an idiot.
Why?
[Reply]
Page 929 of 2694
« First < 429829879919925926927928929 930931932933939979102914291929 > Last »
Up