ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In case you want to feel disrespected
Kiimo 04:27 PM 09-15-2020
It isn't easy to find disrespect these days, most have finally woken up about what we've been saying since the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.

Well I found precisely ONE power ranking that doesn't have the Chiefs #1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-r...053847579.html

HOW DARE YOU

Send rage

Put it on the chalkboard

We're the new Patriots

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:34 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
My point is that, yes Lamar Jackson is a decent player, but how can they rank them as #1 when they have choked and haven't even won a single playoff game in the Lamar era?

Yay!!! They are regular season Champions, then in the post-season they shit the bed.
I'm going to guess that the ranking is largely based off of this season and the perceived talent on the rosters.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:39 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm going to guess that the ranking is largely based off of this season and the perceived talent on the rosters.
You can't just completely disregard past history though. Especially when between the Chiefs and the playoffs, Baltimore is 0-4 the last two years.

That would be like disregarding Philip Rivers' penchant for throwing games away when ranking the Colts. Look how that turned out.

There has to be at least some context.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:47 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You can't just completely disregard past history though. Especially when between the Chiefs and the playoffs, Baltimore is 0-4 the last two years.

That would be like disregarding Philip Rivers' penchant for throwing games away when ranking the Colts. Look how that turned out.

There has to be at least some context.
That's true. I'm just not sure what I would identify as a weakness for the Ravens, outside of recent playoff success, and this is CLEARLY a regular-season ranking.

Similar to the Chiefs, they somehow improved in the offseason.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:51 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
My point is that, yes Lamar Jackson is a decent player, but how can they rank them as #1 when they have choked and haven't even won a single playoff game in the Lamar era?

Yay!!! They are regular season Champions, then in the post-season they shit the bed.
It’s the Baltimore Chargers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:51 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's true. I'm just not sure what I would identify as a weakness for the Ravens, outside of recent playoff success, and this is CLEARLY a regular-season ranking.

Similar to the Chiefs, they somehow improved in the offseason.
The weakness for the Ravens is that they're dependent on the script. They're built to pound out a lead. If that doesn't happen, they have to change everything and it doesn't work that well against good teams when you have an offense that's essentially designed around a gimmick (I don't want to diminish Lamar's skills too much but I can't think of a better word).

They're a really good team but they depend on everything going the way they want. They're used to imposing their will and if that doesn't work, things get shifty.

It's only week 1 anyway. Last season started this way too. We all know the Chiefs are a better team. I just wish I could watch sports coverage without having to hear about Lamar Jackson (or Cam Newton) the entire time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:33 PM 09-15-2020
I’m not worried about the Ravens in the least:

HC: Slight advantage Chiefs
QB: Significant advantage Chiefs
WR: Advantage Chiefs
TE: Advantage Chiefs
RB: Ravens have the depth advantage, but Chiefs have the starter advantage
OL: Slight advantage Ravens
DL: Advantage Chiefs
LB: Significant advantage Ravens
CB: Slight advantage Ravens
S: Significant advantage Chiefs

ST: Push

Chiefs are better in many ways. I don’t see anyway that an average pass rush and shit safeties even come close to slowing down Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:36 PM 09-15-2020
I'm not clicking through this shit, fuck you for posting this clickbait shit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pants 07:38 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The Chiefs were in cruise control mode for almost the entire 4th quarter. They had nothing to prove, no chip on their collective shoulders. Had they wanted to run up the score further, they would have. They clearly didn't give a shit.

The Ravens are pissed, and definitely have something to prove. They did run the score up. They pissed pounded the lowly Browns. Bless their hearts. They should put it on a t-shirt.
/thread
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:41 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m not worried about the Ravens in the least:

HC: Slight advantage Chiefs
QB: Significant advantage Chiefs
WR: Advantage Chiefs
TE: Advantage Chiefs
RB: Ravens have the depth advantage, but Chiefs have the starter advantage
OL: Slight advantage Ravens
DL: Advantage Chiefs
LB: Significant advantage Ravens
CB: Slight advantage Ravens
S: Significant advantage Chiefs

ST: Push

Chiefs are better in many ways. I don’t see anyway that an average pass rush and shit safeties even come close to slowing down Mahomes.
Reid is way better than Harbaugh.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:43 PM 09-15-2020
Why do people keep saying the Ravens are pissed?

They get more media love than like anyone. Practically no one in the national media even dares to question Lamar Jackson as a passer even though he’s been beyond terrible in both of his playoff games (losses).

Even if they are pissed, who are they pissed at? They’re the ones that got obliterated by a team that we proceeded to curb stomp. Are they wanting respect to be given to them? How about they just go out and not suck fucking dick in the playoffs for once?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:44 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Reid is way better than Harbaugh.
I was being generous
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 PM 09-15-2020

They get more media love than like anyone. Practically no one in the national media even dares to question Lamar Jackson as a passer even though he’s been beyond terrible in both of his playoff games (losses).

Even if they are pissed, who are they pissed at? They’re the ones that got obliterated by a team that we proceeded to curb stomp. Are they wanting respect to be given to them? How about they just go out and not suck fucking dick in he playoffs for once?

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:55 PM 09-15-2020

Even if they are pissed, who are they pissed at? They’re the ones that got obliterated by a team that we proceeded to curb stomp. Are they wanting respect to be given to them? How about they just go out and not suck ****ing dick in the playoffs for once?
What people?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:36 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lamar Jackson sure does get his dick sucked quite a bit for a guy that’s choked two year in a row in the playoffs.

Could you imagine if Mahomes were 0-2 in the playoffs and they were the 2 worst games of his career?
Now close your eyes and picture having one of the worst games of your career but still leading your team from 10 points down with 9 minutes left to win the Super Bowl and being voted SB MVP.
[Reply]
Grim 06:47 AM 09-16-2020
The doorknobs at Yahoo had the Ravens at #1 before the season even started.
They created their initial power rankings a few months after watching the Chiefs come back from double digit deficits 3 times (and end up winning with a double digit lead in each game) in the post season to win the Championship while the Ravens fell flat on their faces. With these facts in front of them, they felt informed enough to label the Chiefs as the inferior team of the two.

The writer is just trying to get people talking about something he wrote.
He either fully understands that the Chiefs are superior to the Ravens and he's just trying to create a buzz OR he couldn't accurately describe the shape or color of a football.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up