ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time
Fish 10:14 PM 09-14-2020
These are crazy delicious, if you missed these during the previous limited sale....

Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time

Popeyes welcomes back Ghost Pepper Wings as the chain’s latest limited time offering.

The returning fan-favorites feature bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes marinated in an “exotic blend of peppers” including a “dash” of ghost peppers – battered and breaded in a Southern style crispy coating and deep-fried until golden and crispy.

Ghost Pepper Wings are available in a variety of options, including 6-piece and 12-piece combos served with one regular side, a biscuit and drink, plus your choice of dipping sauce. Dinner options are also available minus the drink.

They’re also offering the Ultimate Wing Bundle, where you get 24-pieces of Ghost Pepper Wings served with your choice of 4 regular sides, 4 biscuits, 4 drinks and 4 dipping sauces for $29.99, although prices may vary by location.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...s-back-on-menu
[Reply]
JimNasium 07:50 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Wings just don't seem like something that should be breaded. I don't know what it is.
I love breaded wings.
[Reply]
Fish 08:10 PM 09-15-2020
Wings just don't seem like something that should be breaded. I don't know what it is.
I don't know, man. Breaded wings done right are really really tasty. It's got to be fresh though, and it's got to be cooked correctly. But when done right, when you get a nice crispy exterior, and shake some sauce on it, and serve right away.... gotdamn.....
[Reply]
vailpass 08:27 PM 09-15-2020
Grilled naked wings are very good and better for you, relatively speaking. That’s what I get if I get wings. Unless I’m drunk enough at a bar with that serves fried breaded wings. God damn are those things good then, grease bomb and all.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:31 PM 09-15-2020
I will have to try them.
[Reply]
Fish 08:33 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I will have to try them.

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't know, man. Breaded wings done right are really really tasty. It's got to be fresh though, and it's got to be cooked correctly. But when done right, when you get a nice crispy exterior, and shake some sauce on it, and serve right away.... gotdamn.....
Yup.

I don't even do traditional bone-in wings anymore. If they're not breaded and crispy, I like them smoked.
[Reply]
srvy 10:45 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For us, it's hit and miss.

One time it's crispy and fresh, the next time it's spongy and gross. Same store even.

I've about given up on fast food. It's especially frustrating when I want to try something new and am trying to convince my family (who has a phobia of trying new things :-)) and that happens.

Twice in the last couple of months I've tried something by myself, had a great experience and as soon as I convince my family to try it, they whip up some shit on a shingle and my family says "never again".
This is about where I am at. The closest Popeyes to be is less than 2 miles away but it might as well be 50 it's that disgusting. It either dry or undercooked and rubbery. I refuse to drive more than 2 miles for most fast food so I avoid.

I've driven home late from work tired and rolled through a fast food drive-through to eat and get home to relax. It always seems to in in a big letdown. I always think to myself I could have just wated 30 more minutes and microwaved a couple of dogs and been happer and saved 7 bucks.
[Reply]
srvy 10:48 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Grilled naked wings are very good and better for you, relatively speaking. That’s what I get if I get wings. Unless I’m drunk enough at a bar with that serves fried breaded wings. God damn are those things good then, grease bomb and all.
Oh hell yes. This is the way.
[Reply]
srvy 10:58 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jmart:
These have very good flavor. They are not that hot. I am a "chili head" though, but I would rate these like 3.5-4 for heat on a scale of 1-10. They can't make them true "Ghost Pepper" wings and sell to the public as they would be too hot for most of the population. Very good, though. I've had them twice in the last week!
I am far from a pepper head but I can stand a little heat when I want to pay for my foolish ways the next day.

I tried those ghost pepper wings last go around and found them fairly mild but flavorful. I was out of town working though and anything tastes better that isn't a crappy burger and one of the fast food burger joints. I just won't consider them at my nearest to home popeyes as I know they will f them up.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:21 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is about where I am at. The closest Popeyes to be is less than 2 miles away but it might as well be 50 it's that disgusting. It either dry or undercooked and rubbery. I refuse to drive more than 2 miles for most fast food so I avoid.

I've driven home late from work tired and rolled through a fast food drive-through to eat and get home to relax. It always seems to in in a big letdown. I always think to myself I could have just wated 30 more minutes and microwaved a couple of dogs and been happer and saved 7 bucks.
this is where I am at too. All fast food chains are capable of producing good food but they are wildly inconsistent. those ghost wings sound good but I'm not gonna find out.

I would rather spend money on a sure thing.... wings from Slim Chickens, wings from Old Chicago... those are great. Zaxxbys serves good wings too. outside of those 3, I'm not going to risk it
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:13 AM 09-16-2020
They were a good buy. Crust was crispy, seasoning was on point and the taste was what you would expect of a Popeyes product but they were not as spicy as I imagined a "ghost pepper" labeled item would be. Only gripe is the the wings were tiny...but I guess non steroid chicken is a good thing.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:31 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Just LOVE the combo of Mango Habenero! :-)

Yesterday I had wings at an Irish bar Fibber Magees and ordered the wings with Sweet Chili and Hot then mixed 'em together.
Tiny bit off topic but I was in Eureka Springs once and happened upon a little dessert place that was advertising homemade habanero strawberry ice cream. I decided to try some. One of the best tasting scoops of ice cream I’ve ever eaten!
[Reply]
Fish 07:38 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:

Yeah, who wants to risk fast food when you've got microwaved hot dogs? LOL
[Reply]
lewdog 08:09 AM 09-16-2020
Microwaved hot dogs.....

My 2 year olds favorite meal.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:18 AM 09-16-2020
the fast food in the immediate area near my house is just pure garbage. I can actually smell the old grease from the nearby sonic and hardee's by my house lol.

only thing that is consistent / good is the Chipotle near me. we just got a wing stop, but I briefly browsed their prices online last weekend as I was interested in trying it...and seemed pretty over priced. I don't mind paying for food if it's good...but that's the problem in my area. it's all trash and not worth it.

nearest Popeyes is probably 15 minutes away and has always been good, sans a time here and there. It's just never on our radar due to the traffic chaos in the immediate area.

bonus, I have a Go Chicken Go probably 1/2 mile down the street.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up