ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time
Fish 10:14 PM 09-14-2020
These are crazy delicious, if you missed these during the previous limited sale....

Ghost Pepper Wings Are Back At Popeyes For A Limited Time

Popeyes welcomes back Ghost Pepper Wings as the chain’s latest limited time offering.

The returning fan-favorites feature bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes marinated in an “exotic blend of peppers” including a “dash” of ghost peppers – battered and breaded in a Southern style crispy coating and deep-fried until golden and crispy.

Ghost Pepper Wings are available in a variety of options, including 6-piece and 12-piece combos served with one regular side, a biscuit and drink, plus your choice of dipping sauce. Dinner options are also available minus the drink.

They’re also offering the Ultimate Wing Bundle, where you get 24-pieces of Ghost Pepper Wings served with your choice of 4 regular sides, 4 biscuits, 4 drinks and 4 dipping sauces for $29.99, although prices may vary by location.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...s-back-on-menu
[Reply]
Dante84 10:18 PM 09-14-2020
If I wanted to piss out my butt, I’d rather have Pat pee in it first instead.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 PM 09-14-2020
I’ll have to try these. Popeye’s rules.

Had one those sandwiches for dinner earlier. Goddamn they’re good.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:25 PM 09-14-2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:28 PM 09-14-2020
Love Popeyes.
[Reply]
KCTea 04:43 AM 09-15-2020
Eh. Think I'll pass. Dang things gonna be too spicy to enjoy, I bet.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:51 AM 09-15-2020
I cant tell if those are whats making my ass bleed or if it was the fun I had with Simply Red.

Either way I'm wearing a diaper.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:30 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Love Popeyes.
For us, it's hit and miss.

One time it's crispy and fresh, the next time it's spongy and gross. Same store even.

I've about given up on fast food. It's especially frustrating when I want to try something new and am trying to convince my family (who has a phobia of trying new things :-)) and that happens.

Twice in the last couple of months I've tried something by myself, had a great experience and as soon as I convince my family to try it, they whip up some shit on a shingle and my family says "never again".
[Reply]
Jmart 12:38 PM 09-15-2020
These have very good flavor. They are not that hot. I am a "chili head" though, but I would rate these like 3.5-4 for heat on a scale of 1-10. They can't make them true "Ghost Pepper" wings and sell to the public as they would be too hot for most of the population. Very good, though. I've had them twice in the last week!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 09-15-2020
Are these things worth going 20 miles to get? Because I love wings, and I really like Popeyes, and I just figured out that an order of those things would fit in my diet. But I'm not going to the trouble if they're just okay.
[Reply]
Jmart 12:44 PM 09-15-2020
YES. The nearest Popeyes is a good 20 minute drive from me and like I stated I've had them twice in the last week. They are a limited menu item so I would say the drive is worth it. Probably wouldn't be though if much further than that. They are really good IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 09-15-2020
Had 'em for lunch.

htismaqe nailed it - last time they were on the menu they were amazing. This time the wings were scrawny and the grease wasn't quite hot enough so they countered by cooking them longer. So they ended up greasier and with a slight charred flavor rather than that nice hard crunch and a juicy wing.

The flavor of them is still damn good - but it was definitely not a strong effort. I'll give 'em another go before they're gone because they're awfully tasty but it's funny that Popeyes inconsistency was specifically noted and sho 'nuff, they had an off day.

At least they got my order right - that's a nice change for Popeyes...
[Reply]
scho63 12:59 PM 09-15-2020
Every time I've eaten at Popeye's my sandwich or chicken has been fantastic, hot, and juicy. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I like things with some spice and will eat Indian food and spicy Thai to a point but if I can't taste what I'm eating cause it's all heat, it's worthless.
[Reply]
Sorce 01:11 PM 09-15-2020
I love spicy food but for some reason Popeye's spicy stuff means a burning butthole, every time. It's not even that spicy and I don't have that issue with other spicy foods. It is good though so sometimes it's worth it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:13 PM 09-15-2020
I wish their dipping sauces weren't ass.

Even looking at that tub of plasticy 'ranch' dip kills my appetite. How can they not have a single halfway decent dipping sauce?

I pretty much just grab the little plastic ketchup package of texas petes and that's that. They don't even have a mediocre option.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up