ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will ‘Mahomes effect’ get The Chiefs a Billion dollar stadium?
Deberg_1990 07:20 PM 09-13-2020
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?
[Reply]
eDave 10:54 AM 09-14-2020
A Superbowl in Arrowhead is my next hope to see before I die. That would be awesome.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:07 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
A Superbowl in Arrowhead is my next hope to see before I die. That would be awesome.
Then the only way KC gets one of those is a billion dollar stadium with retractable roof.
[Reply]
eDave 11:11 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Then the only way KC gets one of those is a billion dollar stadium with retractable roof.
Doesn't count. Must be Arrowhead. Rolling roof makes that a good possibility. Gonna need hotels though.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I learned what adult penises looked like at the Arrowhead trough. True story.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:25 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bulldoze the K when the Royals move, build a big hotel complex with restaurants and outdoor bars that can be easily used when tailgating etc.

Done.
This and the retractable roof would help give KC a chance at hosting a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
redfan 11:29 AM 09-14-2020
Define "all the rage", DeBerg.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:39 PM 09-14-2020
I don't think there is a need for a new stadium. Arrowhead looks great. It doesn't feel like an old stadium at all and has all the amenities a fan would need.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:07 PM 09-14-2020
We just expelled the jinx from Arrowhead. Let's keep it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:27 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
None of us regular joes would be able to afford a ticket.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:18 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
Absolutely! It reminds me of Lambeau and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia combined. That Vegas Stadium? That garbage makes me want to wretch.
While we hold Arrowhead to that standard, I don't quite think the rest of the country holds it in the same regard as Lambeau.

Personally, I think the new Vegas stadium looks amazing but it lacks some character. Character builds over time, though. Most football stadiums lack character compared to baseball, though.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:32 AM 09-16-2020
What if the Royals moved, and the Chiefs get a new stadium built where The K sits now, but with a twist......

They use the original blueprints, constructing a very close duplicate of Arrowhead Stadium, but all the most needed changes are made, like wider concourses, etc. plus all the new technologies could be a part of the infrastructure in the new stadium.

To top it off would be either a rolling roof, or retractable roof. It would keep everything that makes Arrowhead so great, and the fan experience in the stands, and in the tailgating areas would only change for the better.

It would be something that people would always talk about, because it's something that has never been done before. Arrowhead was regarded as ahead of its time, and has proven to be one of the single best one sport stadiums in the entire world.

I think it would be amazing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:28 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
No. Keep both Kaufman and Arrowhead next to each other.
For that fact,,

IF a new stadium needed to be built. There is enough land to have 3 stadiums while the new would be built. Just less parking for a while.

Over the next 200 years-play the shell game with stadiums.

BTW NO to downtown stadiums. NO NO NO.

KC has the best setup in sports.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:37 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I wish I had been able to go to a game at Municipal Stadium.
It was awesome but I was just a kid who found stuff like that amazing.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:37 AM 09-16-2020
I hope so, and this is how I hope it goes down...

1) Move to down town KC. Arrowhead is in the middle of nowhere and KC is lacking in entertainment, might help revitalize the P&L district. I dont wanna here you old fuddy-duddies talking that nonsense about traffic or changing the culture.

2) Incorporate parts of the old stadium so that you can continue to call the new stadium Arrowhead. Narrative = "Its not a new stadium, they just moved and uprgraded the old one. Parts of it anyways."

3) It should be loud.

In all seriousness though the stadiums they are building out here in LA are really doing a lot to revitalyze the South Central neighborhoods and maybe Arrowhead could do some good for parts of KC.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:39 AM 09-16-2020
What they need to work on is having a "Ballpark Village" setup between the stadiums with bars, restaurants & shops to make that a great place to go after the games.

Think a smaller Zona Rosa setup.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up