ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will ‘Mahomes effect’ get The Chiefs a Billion dollar stadium?
Deberg_1990 07:20 PM 09-13-2020
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?
[Reply]
R Clark 10:11 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
After Covid we will never see Arrowhead full to capacity . New Normal will suck balls
Wow pessimist much?
[Reply]
R Clark 10:14 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Last night I want is Mahomes, aged 33, slipping on wet turf and blowing out something.
If Brady can play in New England at 40 pat can play at arrowhead when he’s 50
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:16 PM 09-13-2020
KC is pretty broke right now
[Reply]
oldman 10:35 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I wish I had been able to go to a game at Municipal Stadium.
There was a certain charm to the bleachers swaying.
[Reply]
KCWolfpack 10:56 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
They can put it downtown right next to the new Royals stadium.
Do you like tailgating? If so, do NOT build a downtown stadium.

From what I've seen, a good tailgating scene starts first and foremost by having a large parking lot where fans (and their vehicles) can gather before the game. There are other factors but every pro and college team that has a great tailgating scene always starts with that.

A stadium built in a city's downtown simply doesn't have room for a large parking lot like this. At best, there's room for a small parking lot with a few hundred spaces for the high-rollers like what Lucas Oil has in Indy. Most downtown stadiums don't even have that.

Think of all the teams you know that are known for their tailgating, then name one that built downtown

I DON'T miss the troughs though.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 PM 09-13-2020
They'll have the whole complex to their selves once the Royals pack up and move downtown. Keep Arrowhead, build up a fan experience destination around it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:54 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The troughs were great....nothing better than bumpin balls with your fellow Chiefs fan.

Hah..you guys tricked me into saying that. Better not tell anyone.
I learned what adult penises looked like at the Arrowhead trough. True story.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:26 AM 09-14-2020
You'd think that arrowhead is on a clock, the most recent renovations are now well into their service life but kc is broke. They ain't paying for it. Kc may be one of the last to go but eventually the game moves indoors during bad weather.
[Reply]
scho63 01:43 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm thrilled we no longer piss into troughs. But that's just me.
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The troughs were great....nothing better than bumpin balls with your fellow Chiefs fan.

Hah..you guys tricked me into saying that. Better not tell anyone.
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Still have them in upper deck. They rock. Bathroom stops WAY faster with those puppies, which is the only thing that matters. They do have stalls for the bashful.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
There's exceptions to every rule. :-)

One man's sink is another man's trough.....

It's all a matter of perspective! :-)

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 09-14-2020
The troughs may be a bit uncivilized but dear God, changing to urinals slowed bathroom time down by a factor of at least 3.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:41 AM 09-14-2020
If they don't do it now they never will.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 09-14-2020
Bulldoze the K when the Royals move, build a big hotel complex with restaurants and outdoor bars that can be easily used when tailgating etc.

Done.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:16 AM 09-14-2020
doesn't matter to me.
I won't be able to attend if they do ; hell, I can't afford to attend now. lol.

the real question is whether Clark is going to try to fleece KC/JaCo and for how much.

I've seen the Chiefs win super bowl; something I legitimately never thought I'd see in my life time. So , as far as I'm concerned , they can do whatever they want. Move ,don't move. Change name, don't change name. Renovate, build a billion $ stadium.

none of it matters to me anymore.
[Reply]
eDave 08:17 AM 09-14-2020
Dude should at least get us a rolling roof. He has a stake in both teams.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:17 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'd much prefer some minor upgrades to Arrowhead than a billion dollar stadium.
/thread
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up