ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:49 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They beat the mighty Browns who struggled against Cinci last night. I watched the Ravens game and it was the same old story...Lamar mainly throwing to Andrews down the middle of the field and their defense was getting gashed by the run. The Ravens are a confidence team. Great when things are going their way but as soon as someone punches back like the Chiefs and Titans did last year, they fold quickly.
This entire take is completely wrong.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:49 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It seems unlikely Lamar Jackson is going to stay healthy for an entire season again based on his style of play.
Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:50 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I just thought of something. What if these teams did not play each other in regular season and both of them went 16-0? That would be pretty wild. And it begs the question of who would be the #1 seed?
Whoever has the better conference record is the #1 seed. If it’s the same than they go by strength of schedule. Hardest strength of schedule is #1 seed
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:54 AM 09-18-2020
Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.
Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:58 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This entire take is completely wrong.
Your response is bs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.
And there’s a huge difference in size between Cam and Lamar.

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.
Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:13 AM 09-18-2020
“They beat the Browns”....

By 32. It’s not like they squeaked by.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.
I understand your point and agree, the comparison is more about reliance on the run, but Lamar was taking shots left and right towards the end of last year and he took some week 1.

Teams are starting to realize you have to hit him when you get a chance, and they are.

Regardless, the way he’s built, I think a non-contact injury could just as easily be what does him in. Running around that much is dangerous outside of just getting hit.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:16 AM 09-18-2020

I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 09-18-2020
I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.
Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in. The risk of both is fairly high considering his playing style and build.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:22 AM 09-18-2020
Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in.
We posted at the exact same time, lol
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:24 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.
Weakest schedule in the league. How does this happen for a team that went 14-2 the year before? Smh.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com...-schedule.html
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:24 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

The Ravens have two inexperienced safties in their secondary and their pass-rush was ranked the WORST at the weekend.. giving Baker more time to throw than all other qb's, and Baker still wet the bed.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up