ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 149
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:56 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You don't have to have a top 3 pick to get elite talent.

Trout was drafted 25th
Bellinger was a 4th rounder
Judge was drafted 32nd
Kershaw was drafted 7th
Yelich 23rd
Betts 5th round
Anthony Rendon 27th round
Lindor 8th overall
Pete Alonso 64th overall

These are some of the best players in baseball and they would all last until our pick this year. We are in the 6 spot currently.
Typical teams don't, but I still sure as hell don't trust Moore to take the right player.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:21 PM 09-19-2020
Let's pretend Moore gets shitcanned after the season, who would be the top contenders to replace him?
[Reply]
tk13 04:19 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This whole season has been a shame.

Could have completely tanked this lost season & had Kumar Rocker added to our organization(what a pitching staff that would have been).

It's kinda the typical Royals...no playoffs & no #1 pick. Purgatory. :-)

They will end up with a top 10 pick but not getting an elite talent.

Bring on Christian Colon 2.0
Yeah but that goes both ways. They expanded the playoffs, we have some legit hitters in Whit, Dozier and Salvy... and worst of all we have a really solid bullpen that would be have been a major strength in a playoff series. Zimmer/Hahn/Staumont/Holland/Rosenthal would have been legit.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:38 PM 09-19-2020

Rockies today designated veteran close Wade Davis for assignment.

— Nick Groke (@nickgroke) September 19, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:41 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah but that goes both ways. They expanded the playoffs, we have some legit hitters in Whit, Dozier and Salvy... and worst of all we have a really solid bullpen that would be have been a major strength in a playoff series. Zimmer/Hahn/Staumont/Holland/Rosenthal would have been legit.

But of course we know they aren’t in the playoffs.

Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda.
[Reply]
tk13 07:30 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Relievers are just weird. You never would have guessed about 4 years ago that Davis and Herrera would be free agents and Greg Holland would be the one back with the Royals and pitching very well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:03 PM 09-19-2020
With the young pitchers coming,I could see Duffy finishing in the pen.

He’s been having velocity drops after 3-4 innings pretty consistently this year. Dropping him down to a one-inning role could make him a late-inning weapon. He would be amenable to the move, I’m sure.

Singer, Bubic, and Keller is a pretty exciting 25-and-under 3/5 of your rotation, especially considering that Lacy and Lynch and Kowar are the higher upside guys in their system and haven’t even made it up yet.

Re: the draft, they’re still picking high and will still have a lot of $$ to spend. They have pretty clearly shifted approaches as an organization and are rating riskier HS arms and HS bats lower than they used to. Ideally you’d see a college bat do a Rendon or Martin-like slide and the Royals to pounce this time.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:07 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With the young pitchers coming,I could see Duffy finishing in the pen.

He’s been having velocity drops after 3-4 innings pretty consistently this year. Dropping him down to a one-inning role could make him a late-inning weapon. He would be amenable to the move, I’m sure.

Singer, Bubic, and Keller is a pretty exciting 25-and-under 3/5 of your rotation, especially considering that Lacy and Lynch and Kowar are the higher upside guys in their system and haven’t even made it up yet.

Re: the draft, they’re still picking high and will still have a lot of $$ to spend. They have pretty clearly shifted approaches as an organization and are rating riskier HS arms and HS bats lower than they used to. Ideally you’d see a college bat do a Rendon or Martin-like slide and the Royals to pounce this time.
How is the international group looking? I was looking through MLB's top 30 international prospects and it shows us as most likely landing spot for the #12 prospect a 16 year old SS named Daniel Vasquez. MLB says he has the size of Fernando Tatis Jr. and if he progress normally he could become that player as well. Also getting Manny Machado comparisons. His tools rate out like this

Hit - 55
Run - 55
Field - 55
Power - 50
Arm - 55

He would become our #2 positional player. Hed be a pretty nice get.

Give seen that we should be getting around $6 mil like last year, but Vasquez should only command around $1.5 mil. So who else are we looking at?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:02 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How is the international group looking? I was looking through MLB's top 30 international prospects and it shows us as most likely landing spot for the #12 prospect a 16 year old SS named Daniel Vasquez. MLB says he has the size of Fernando Tatis Jr. and if he progress normally he could become that player as well. Also getting Manny Machado comparisons. His tools rate out like this

Hit - 55
Run - 55
Field - 55
Power - 50
Arm - 55

He would become our #2 positional player. Hed be a pretty nice get.

Give seen that we should be getting around $6 mil like last year, but Vasquez should only command around $1.5 mil. So who else are we looking at?

Haven’t really heard/seen anything about international guys this year. I heard some buzz about Pena before his signing.

I’d think any international guy would slot at best 3rd in the prospect rankings for position guys (and likely lower, behind Witt, Pena, Lee, and Isbel).

Like what I read about Vasquez, though. Makes sense to me to spend big on the best positional guys and spread money around fishing for arms. So much uncertainty with 16 YO...
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:24 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Haven’t really heard/seen anything about international guys this year. I heard some buzz about Pena before his signing.

I’d think any international guy would slot at best 3rd in the prospect rankings for position guys (and likely lower, behind Witt, Pena, Lee, and Isbel).

Like what I read about Vasquez, though. Makes sense to me to spend big on the best positional guys and spread money around fishing for arms. So much uncertainty with 16 YO...
I know you said you haven't seen much about the international prospects, but the number 1 prospect on MLBs list is Yoelqui Cespedes. Hes Yoenis' half brother and is 22 years old. On MLB.com it says that he is still weighing his options and may play in Japan or enter the draft. Why would he enter the draft and not just sign during the international period? Cant he make more doing the international thing? How often does this happen?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:21 PM 09-23-2020
Salvy is having one hell of a year. He just crushed a two run blast to deep center.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:33 PM 09-23-2020
Royals playing well tonight. Just pull Doofy before the 5th inning
[Reply]
Funkstown 06:35 PM 09-23-2020
We will compete in a year or two.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:53 PM 09-23-2020
Well that was exciting, like old times. Only the second game I've looked at this year.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:54 PM 09-23-2020

OK, two homers in three innings and five RBIs deserve this:

Salvador Perez has just gone to #DONGTOWN!

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) September 24, 2020

[Reply]
Page 124 of 149
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up