ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 149
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Padres fans aren’t melting down about Trammel atm, it’s the other pieces that were given for the return.
I don't think it's that bad, they have basically traded a bunch of guys who were blocked or were about to have issues with the 40 man roster crunch.

Gotta give to get and their catcher situation was attrocius. Nola has actually developed into a good player, older but good.

When you have a stacked system you have moves to make. And for the record I'd have probably taken that deal for Perez.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:06 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Im not going to say Mondesi isn't an everyday player based on 30 games in a 60 game season when he's been a pretty good player in the 2 previous seasons. Sure he's not who he was supposed to be, but Im not gonna say he's bad, because he's not.
Mondesi has been atrocious stealing this year. Sure he leads the league in SB, but he also leads the league in caught stealing. 8 SB and now 5 CS. In 2018 he played in 75 games and had 32 SB and 7 CS and in 2019 he played in 102 games with 43 SB and 7 CS. Wtf is up with him? Hes been shit on D, hes been shit on O, and hes even been shit on the basepath. Is he just in his head so bad that he can't do a god damn thing?
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know if it's actually funny, but I always find it hilarious how baseball fans want to rush prospects, while bashing the prospects who are already up getting experience.

In the Royals case, people want to rush Witt and see him up here to "get experience" even though he hasn't played above rookie ball, which is a horrible idea. While at the same time ripping a guy Mondesi to shreds. I mean Mondesi has been horrible this year, but there's a ways to go and he could probably use a day off but at this point we need to let him work through things.
Where did I rip Mondesi to shreds? I like Mondesi, but hes just been absolute trash this year. Who cares if Witt hasn't played above rookie ball? Hes supposed to be a prodigy and those types of players can play extremely well at a young age. Look at Ronald Acuna Jr. L, Fernando Tatis Jr, or hell even Vlad Jr. They all played well - MVP like at 20 years old.
[Reply]
tk13 11:25 PM 08-30-2020
Where did I rip Mondesi to shreds? I like Mondesi, but hes just been absolute trash this year. Who cares if Witt hasn't played above rookie ball? Hes supposed to be a prodigy and those types of players can play extremely well at a young age. Look at Ronald Acuna Jr. L, Fernando Tatis Jr, or hell even Vlad Jr. They all played well - MVP like at 20 years old.
I wasn't really talking about you. More the Twitter and Facebook crowd... they're flat killing him online every day at this point.

There's no doubt, the Royals just haven't been good at developing young hitters quickly for some reason. At least under DM, it seems like guys don't really get it together until 26 or so. Gordon and Moose really struggled for years... Hosmer probably figured it out around 25ish. Cain didn't really click until he was like 28-29 years old, but he was definitely raw when they traded for him. I have no idea why it always takes so long. Some of that is just baseball, but you'd think one of these guys would click early on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:47 AM 08-31-2020

Those guys all were international signees who started playing pro ball at 16. They dominated at AA and AAA.

Some players are ready, some aren’t. But rushing a guy who hasn’t played above rookie ball (and the weird summer camp/extended ST) is a great way to break their developmental curve.

I think they’ll start Witt aggressively next year (High A or AA) and have him up potentially by midseason or even September.

But one of the reasons Mondesi is struggling so much is that the Royals rushed his development and called him up too soon. Let’s not do that again...
[Reply]
Mecca 07:23 AM 08-31-2020
Another thing to remember is a lot of teams that have seen success with young players, let them stay in the minors longer.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:22 AM 08-31-2020
Padres getting Mike Clevinger. How the hell do the Indians find so many pitchers that they can afford to part with someone like Clevinger? He'd be the ace of our staff. I'm crossing my fingers we finally have something among the group of guys like Singer, Bubic, Kowar, Lynch, Lacy, Keller, and some of the younger guys.

I also hope we finally can have a steady stream of 1-2 guys coming up each year. For one, we don't have all of our prospects on the same timeline and all leaving at once like we did the last time around. Also, in 3-4 years we might have the luxury of trading someone like Singer or Bubic to keep the pipeline flowing.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:46 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Padres getting Mike Clevinger. How the hell do the Indians find so many pitchers that they can afford to part with someone like Clevinger? He'd be the ace of our staff. I'm crossing my fingers we finally have something among the group of guys like Singer, Bubic, Kowar, Lynch, Lacy, Keller, and some of the younger guys.

I also hope we finally can have a steady stream of 1-2 guys coming up each year. For one, we don't have all of our prospects on the same timeline and all leaving at once like we did the last time around. Also, in 3-4 years we might have the luxury of trading someone like Singer or Bubic to keep the pipeline flowing.
They moved Clevinger early to get more value, they're about to not be good anymore, Lindor is gonna bolt.

Josh Naylor and Cal Quantrill isn't a "great return" Quantrill had been relegated to the pen and Naylor has been a marginal starter to this point. But they're MLB players with a lot of years of control. Austin Hedges so far has shown he can't hit at all and honestly they got Arias, that's probably the best get but so far he's a big time glove SS that has to develop as a hitter.

The Padres are moving their surplus they've built for legit players, They managed to keep a hold of Hassell, Abrams, Campusano, Gore, Pattino etc so their farm system is still pretty good after these deals.
[Reply]
kstater 09:47 AM 08-31-2020
If you're not mortgaging your future to make the playoffs in a shortened season with expanded field are you really even GM'ing?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
If you're not mortgaging your future to make the playoffs in a shortened season with expanded field are you really even GM'ing?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
But they didn't...

They kept almost all of their top prospects...Arias was #9 he's a SS where he gonna play? Trammel was 5 I think and he's divisive as a prospect 3 teams in a year now.

Their system is super deep and loaded so they mortgaged nothing, they didn't trade Mackenzie Gore and CJ Abrams.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 08-31-2020
It's interesting to watch Indians fans be super pissed off...we had the best rotation in baseball with Lindor for 5 years and won jack shit, awesome back to rebuilding.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:33 AM 08-31-2020
If I was an Indians fan i would be incensed.

Yeah, they’ve had a good run. But they never pushed in for the pieces to win it, and they have gone into a perpetual reload mode the past two years. Pussy shit.

Re: Padres they’ve made all these moves exclusively from depth perspectives. It’s impressive work.

And the pieces they’ve acquired haven’t been rentals for this year only. Clevinger gives them a frontline guy to pair with Paddack and Gore and Luis Patino loving forward. They’re loaded to the gills with talent and will be the Dodgers main competitor for a long time.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:36 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If I was an Indians fan i would be incensed.

Yeah, they’ve had a good run. But they never pushed in for the pieces to win it, and they have gone into a perpetual reload mode the past two years. Pussy shit.

Re: Padres they’ve made all these moves exclusively from depth perspectives. It’s impressive work.

And the pieces they’ve acquired haven’t been rentals for this year only. Clevinger gives them a frontline guy to pair with Paddack and Gore and Luis Patino loving forward. They’re loaded to the gills with talent and will be the Dodgers main competitor for a long time.
The Indians took quantity over quality, the best pieces in that deal are Quantrill and Cantillo in the sense the Indians have shown they can work with pitchers...and I like Arias as a prospect but he was completely blocked and never gonna play in SD.

The Pads have 4 elite prospects and moved none of them, they moved their most divisive top 10 guy and the rest of them are fringe top 100 guys which also makes them sit on that fringe in the Padres rankings...

If you told me they would bolster their pen, fix their attrocius catching situation and land an ace pitcher and the biggest thing they'd give up is Taylor Trammel, I'd have probably laughed in your face.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:44 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Indians took quantity over quality, the best pieces in that deal are Quantrill and Cantillo in the sense the Indians have shown they can work with pitchers...and I like Arias as a prospect but he was completely blocked and never gonna play in SD.

The Pads have 4 elite prospects and moved none of them, they moved their most divisive top 10 guy and the rest of them are fringe top 100 guys which also makes them sit on that fringe in the Padres rankings...

If you told me they would bolster their pen, fix their attrocius catching situation and land an ace pitcher and the biggest thing they'd give up is Taylor Trammel, I'd have probably laughed in your face.

This is why the Royals aren’t trading Whit Merrifield.

Any package for him is going to be LESS than what the Indians just got for Clevinger... and I’m not sure I’d be real excited about the exact same return for Whit. There are a lot of pieces but the best one of them is super high variance and a top 75-100 prospect at best.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is why the Royals aren’t trading Whit Merrifield.

Any package for him is going to be LESS than what the Indians just got for Clevinger... and I’m not sure I’d be real excited about the exact same return for Whit. There are a lot of pieces but the best one of them is super high variance and a top 75-100 prospect at best.
It's interesting, like I said last night, if Perez was healthy and the Pads offered me that package for him they gave for Nola, I'd have strongly considered it. The real question there though is if Trammel is Lorenzo Cain or if he's Desmond Jennings.

The Royals don't have the best track record of developing athletes into hitters even though they draft athletes all the time.
[Reply]
tk13 11:02 AM 08-31-2020
I'm not even sure what the point of these trades are anymore. You're talking about a legitimate top shelf pitcher with 2+ years of control and they didn't get a single top prospect from one of the best farm systems in baseball. The Indians are smart so I'm sure they're going to get develop some of these guys into quality players, with six players coming back some of them will contribute. But still, were any of these Padres even in the top 100? I don't think so. That's hard to believe.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 149
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up