ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
yeti 08:52 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once he finishes growing we’ll have some implants placed

Biggest thing we wanna do now is keep the bone level there stable which will be a bitch

Did you try to graft the sockets or was the facial plate toast?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Actually, doesn't barter technically have to be reported as income? I realize that no one ever does it, but I'm not sure he's legally avoiding taxes with that setup.

I was on a train this weekend and an Amish girl smiled at me. I wasn't sure if I had to marry her or not.
Heh. You’re right, by God.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/four-th...-if-you-barter

Oops.

Anyway, every hamburger tastes better seasoned with tax fraud.

I probably wouldn’t try to double dip by deducting that as an uncollectable receivable, but I’d for sure not hit print on that invoice.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:41 PM 01-21-2020
Once he finishes growing we’ll have some implants placed

Biggest thing we wanna do now is keep the bone level there stable which will be a bitch
Any chance for demineralized bone? While they didn't use that on our son's cleft palate, they harvested from the hip instead, mainly because of the insurance company, it was certainly an interesting option.
[Reply]
scho63 10:45 PM 01-21-2020
This thread is starting to feel like a root canal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 AM 01-22-2020
So I went to the dentist last week, yay me. But they had a black floss that really did a nice job. When you pull it tight, it stretches thinner so you don't have to jam it between your teeth as bad, then when it's in there you let off and it gets wider. It really felt good on my gums relative to the bullshit I normally use.

From burst oral health. I bought some off amazon.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by yeti:
Did you try to graft the sockets or was the facial plate toast?
I pulled chunks of the facial plate out of the area, but it wasn't as bad as I thought initially. I grafted back what I could and put a membrane over it. We'll see.

Situations like this really suck.
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Any chance for demineralized bone? While they didn't use that on our son's cleft palate, they harvested from the hip instead, mainly because of the insurance company, it was certainly an interesting option.
There's so many different types of grafts out there now. You can use cadaver bone, bovine, harvest from the patient etc.

I don't do much of it cause it's expensive as hell to keep on hand.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 01-23-2020
So did a little free dental work today.

The Domestic violence womens shelter here in town had a couple ladies that needed some teeth extracted. One of them had her jaw broke by her ex and he broke a couple teeth off, the other had her BF hit her in the face with a broom handle and break a few.

Took them out no charge for the ladies today. Super sweet ladies just trying to get back on their feet. Hopefully I helped them out.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:59 AM 01-23-2020

The Domestic violence womens shelter here in town had a couple ladies that needed some teeth extracted. One of them had her jaw broke by her ex and he broke a couple teeth off, the other had her BF hit her in the face with a broom handle and break a few.

Took them out no charge for the ladies today. Super sweet ladies just trying to get back on their feet. Hopefully I helped them out.
You should offer to work on the men who did this too, then call in sick and let me play dentist. I have some tools that might make them better people.
[Reply]
Otter 01:42 PM 01-23-2020

You sound like a good man O.city. Keep it up, the world needs more.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:32 PM 01-23-2020

In college my fraternity always did a fundraiser for a local battered women’s shelter. It didn’t end up with any giant money or anything but it mattered to them and ended up being one of the most fulfilling things I’ve done in college.
[Reply]
O.city 03:37 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
You sound like a good man O.city. Keep it up, the world needs more.
I try to do my part.

Just be appreciative and pay it forward is all I ask.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:07 PM 01-23-2020
Good shit O.

I've had some nasty infections and no money or insurance and had a dentist help me out. I couldnt thank the dentist enough for the job they do
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:33 PM 01-23-2020

[Reply]
O.city 06:53 AM 01-29-2020
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ziAcVJ...=13stiaalg7qz2

Clay was asking about draining an infection. Here’s an oral surgeon draining one extra orally. I won’t do it that way, I’ll refer those out
[Reply]
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up