ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>“The next Mahomes” bullshit
RunKC 10:09 PM 06-02-2019
This shit is getting out of hand. I mean FFS I get Pat is now THE prototype, but come on. I feel like 5 different guys have been talked about as “the next Mahomes”. Hopefully this is just offseason fodder and it doesn’t leak into the season.

Here are some dumbass examples of this

Kyler Murray is already getting compared to Patrick Mahomes: https://t.co/QC0iZJnrgZ pic.twitter.com/DBboVYAcsp

— SNF on NBC (@SNFonNBC) May 30, 2019

Attached: A3EED18D-15C5-4663-9C53-7F567F302601.jpg (73.4 KB) E7A6A065-F21C-469E-8271-044C54AF4BA2.jpeg (143.4 KB) 
[Reply]
staylor26 06:49 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lock threw an underhanded pass for 5 yards at the Senior Bowl and people went nuts.

“Hey Mahomes does that! He’s just like Mahomes!”

:-)
Lol yea like every single team just passed on the next Mahomes.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:51 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Kyle Murray may have talent but you can see his attitude and awareness between the ears is not even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes.
Yeah, he clearly doesn't have a good head on his shoulders as Mahomes has.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:12 AM 06-03-2019
That midjet is nothing. He will get crushed by NFL defenses.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:13 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol yea like every single team just passed on the next Mahomes.
Buffalo fans must be mad as hell. They literally made the worst trade maybe of all time.
[Reply]
Best22 07:37 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lock threw an underhanded pass for 5 yards at the Senior Bowl and people went nuts.

“Hey Mahomes does that! He’s just like Mahomes!”

:-)
Kyler and Lock got those comparisons all the time. They have some qualities in smaller dosages, but neither has the whole thing.

And the 5’10 guy is much closer to “being Mahomes” than Lock ever was...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:44 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Buffalo fans must be mad as hell. They literally made the worst trade maybe of all time.
Could you imagine this place if the situation were reversed? SDH and Clay wouldn't even be around. Their heads would have exploded. Lol. Frankly, I think that would have been the final straw for a lot of long-suffering fans on here. It was hard seeing this team go through the Pioli years and see the likes of Cassel, Thigpen, Heard and such. But to trade away the pick that drafted a generational talent like Mahomes is on a whole other level. I would hate being a Bills fan.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:44 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Murray is a lot more the next Mike Vick than Mahomes
Even lesser than Vick, I'd say more like Kordell Stewart.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:50 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Garappolo and Lock are certainly full of something, but it ain't "potential"
They are full of potential. Potential failure.
[Reply]
Otter 08:03 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Get used to it. We have the measure of every QB to come into the NFL.
Pretty much what I was going to say. I'm not pissed or worried about these comparisons and futile hopes of reaching the talent of Patrick. It's a good problem to have.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:24 AM 06-03-2019
I'm gonna laugh if another QB tries the the no look pass and gets picked off.

Mahomes is special. Marginalizing his talent will only make you look like a fool.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:32 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'm gonna laugh if another QB tries the the no look pass and gets picked off.

Mahomes is special. Marginalizing his talent will only make you look like a fool.
part of the the hype is due to West/East coast bias to sell it to Big Market cities.

It will be constant for every DRAFT season until said markets gets one
[Reply]
chinaski 08:49 AM 06-03-2019
Murray hasn't even played a single snap in the NFL, so the comparison is moot. Now, if he is doing impressive things in practice, that's cool. But lets not start suckin each others dicks quite yet.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:13 AM 06-03-2019
No.
Lean into it.
Bask in the elation of having a world-beating QB who can perform seemingly impossible feats.
Let's all jump on this bandwagon to Mahomes the world as we know it.
Be the next Patrick Mahomes of talking about Patrick Mahomes.

Try it:

"That young man is the Patrick Mahomes of Wal-Mart cashiers."
"I just made the next Patrick Mahomes of Chili. Wanna try some?"
"Too bad you didn't get accepted to Missou, son. I was hoping you'd be the Patrick Mahomes of journalists."
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:19 AM 06-03-2019
Patrick Mahomes is so great he is now transforming his name into different parts of speech.

Noun; "Patrick Mahomes with another 4 TD game!!!"
Adjective; "He really tried to Patrick Mahomes that play."
Verb; "A scramble with a left handed, no look pass?!!? A great Patrick Mahomes" (yeah I know I mucked that one up, you get the point)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:22 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And I think all of Arizona's opponents are drooling at the prospect of facing a coach who thinks he's as smart as Andy Reid.

Easy. Just...take it easy.

We have ALL seen Andy Reid go full retard on game day for about two God Damn decades.

Mahomes' talent masks A LOT. Let's not start acting like the guy who threw three downs in a row on 2nd and inches and failed all 3 times, or who has to burn a second half timeout because he has first and goal at the 1 inch line and cant think of a fucking play to call is some sort of genius that coaches fear.

Just stop it. Andy Reid is so "smart" as a head coach that he believes his duty stops with the offense.

Hanging out on the bench with the guy that just guaranteed you keep your job until you feel youre done is great and all, but you need a complete team to win a championship.

Nobody is afraid of Andy Reid on gameday.

Nobody.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up