ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 140
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159
Frankie 01:17 PM 07-31-2011
Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :-)

http://news.yahoo.com/cheers-screams...185128270.html

GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) — Officials say a U.S. team is expected soon in the South American nation of Guyana to probe the crash of a Boeing 737 jetliner that all 163 people aboard survived.

Authorities so far have given little idea about the cause of Saturday's crash. The Caribbean Airlines plane ran off the end of a runway at Guyana's main airport and broke in two. About 30 people had to be treated at a local hospital, including the pilot.

The airline is largely owned by the government of Trinidad and Tobago and its prime minister has visited the crash site. Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she is worried that the accident will hurt tourism to the Caribbean, a region that depends heavily on the industry.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:38 PM 08-01-2011
:-)
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:57 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Of course you would say that since you are a hurt-ass, which is not surprising having tried to match wits with me here and on DC.
...and there it is. In every thread I've ever seen where Frankie is getting his ass handed to him (a lot, and usually in DC) he eventually goes to the "intellectual superiority" remarks which make it all the more funny.

He is so damn entertaining. :-)
[Reply]
KCHawg 05:31 PM 08-01-2011
After reading shit like this I now know why people say "FRANKIE FOR BRAINS"
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 05:56 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
There goes that 'F' word again. Wonder where I saw that earlier in the thread. :-)
This is one of those holy fucking shit type threads.....:-)

Take a physics class.....ever?

The principle behind why this happened is pretty straight forward. If you want a real world practical example to illustrate to yourself go find a field with a large number of prairie dog holes in it. Start running in said field..while still running put a foot in one of the prairie dog holes and report back to us as to what happened.

Everything I'm sure was fine on the runway...once they ran off the front end is going to decelerate while the back wants to keep going forward. If the front nose gear bites into the soft ground and 'stops' then you're going to have the front of the plane stopped while the back of the plane wants to keep going forward and hence crunch like an accordion. If anything this type of crash shows exactly how strong the nose landing gear was. If it wasn't it would have likely sheared off.

Now explain how in flight you're going to have the front of the plane stop while the back of the plane wants to keep going? If you hit another plane sure that can happen...but then you probably have bigger concerns than the hull buckling.
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:39 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
Please don't cast aspersians.
I've told you not to make ethnic puns. When you get banned, I'll be here to say ayatollah so.
[Reply]
Donger 07:14 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
I've told you not to make ethnic puns. When you get banned, I'll be here to say ayatollah so.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 PM 08-01-2011
Hall of classics, anyone?
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:19 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Hall of classics, anyone?
Gaz option.
[Reply]
threebag 08:54 PM 08-01-2011

>

[Reply]
mdstu 09:02 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I have a hemroid that I am fairly certain could beat Frankie at a game of boggle.

Yes, I'm saying a small piece of Phildo's ass could match wits with frankie.
I laughed at the irony of a misspelled Hemorrhoid playing boggle.

BTW I only know how to spell it because I am one of the afflicted.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:20 PM 08-01-2011
Farooq you, dipshit.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. People are laughing at you, regularly, and it's not because you're funny.
Haha! Incorrect from the first word to the last.

Nervous agitated laughter is not laughter of joy nor of belittlement. My extensive experience here has been the "people" you speak of are only those who can't handle being outwitted, out-debated, and outsmarted by the "ferner." I'm used to dumb rednecks and particularly enjoy getting under their skin.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:22 PM 08-01-2011
I can only imagine the conversations in FarooqU's neighbor garages.

I'll bet he's got a nickname, like I call one of mine "gilbert grape's mama" and "the bullfrog twins" and another "the lord of the flies" and "piggy".
Now THAT was pure comedy. Can't compete with that kind of wit.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:23 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm sure that's how it is in Frankieworld. Just like in Frankieworld, people laugh at your jokes and how, in Frankieworld, people were claiming that airplanes are "totally indestructible."

I don't think you can outwit a tree stump, champ.
You know I have outwitted you every time you tried me. I guess you owe tree stumps an apology.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:29 PM 08-01-2011
I have a hemroid that I am fairly certain could beat Frankie at a game of boggle.

Yes, I'm saying a small piece of Phildo's ass could match wits with frankie.
You know Iovagian, you go into your shell for a year or so and then you reappear for a week or so to try to beat me down. I wish at least you'd do it monthly so I could attribute it to your PMS. As it is you are an enigma. But such is the case for a lot of Venusians like you.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:30 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
Claim it, Frankie. Claim it.
Are you going back on your posts?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 140
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up