ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2138 of 2138
« First < 1138163820382088212821342135213621372138
Hall of Classics>The 10pm thread (archived)
crazycoffey 10:00 PM 01-05-2007
The big anti-hijack thread.....
Talk about anything, but if this works than we don't have to keep looking around all the threads to see who is still on tonight, and every night, or even every day! Talk about the chiefs, talk about tomorrow, talk about football, politics or even how to do flooring and the applicable budget. What you're drinking, how hard it is to sleep, etc. Every thing is acceptable in this thread.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=2 see for yourself, it is ten o'clock somewhere.
007 02:46 AM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I joined Chiefsplanet in 2006. I was farting around the board for a very long time, a couple years, enjoying company and ****ing around in occasionally heated arguments about Chiefs football. Always fun -- people remember your arguments and will bring them up later against you lest you abandon intellectual honesty. But you're always who you are to everybody else on the forum, you're never tarnished no matter the positions you take -- hell I advocated Jimmy Clausen a couple years ago with the #5 overall pick. That is not an opinion that haunts me.

Some time in 2007, I started posting in DC sporatically. I post on a couple political forums and the DC forum is a smaller version of those boards. Sometime starting around the spring of 2008, I started posting there regularly, as much as I was during any forum.

Immediately, my entire relationship with ChiefsPlanet changed. Even as I'd float to other forums to post my takes on whatever was being featured, my liberalism has been regularly brought up without prompting from some of the forum's more "colorful" characters. The immediate repulsion some folks displayed to me in response to my opinions immediately retreated my ChiefsPlanet persona to total privacy; I don't discuss my personal life anymore on this forum.

I used to -- I even went to a ChiefsPlanet party at Phobia's place a long time ago. But personal information in DC is only used as ammunition against you, so that's a determination I decided to make.

My increased participation and enjoyment in DC has come with a pricetag as a result. I've often considered starting another username and just having that username being the personal me while this username remains the political me in DC.

I'm not complaining, really. I've found my niche on CP. I just love communication dynamics and social theory, and these are the decisions I've made to make my posting on ChiefsPlanet as maximally enjoyable and minimally unenjoyable. To hold what's been my path on this board up to social theory is fascinating.
I remember meeting you at that party at Phobia's and you were a quiet guy. Nothing like the poster we see now. heh
crazycoffey 04:02 AM 01-04-2013
I was just telling someone, via text, about these two owls that just flew by my window 10 feet from me. they were whoo whooooing pretty loud and big gray barn owls. She asked what the whooos sounded like;

I responded, "like Roger Daultry and Peter Townsend." I think I'm witty at 4 am....
AussieChiefsFan 05:45 AM 01-04-2013
Now the wait for Twitter to wake up.
bevischief 03:12 AM 01-05-2013
I just woke up about a few hours ago and you guys are in trouble. My wife just said have fun she knows me... And went to bed. My youngest has the door. He will f***you up without me doing a thing. I am glad I have dogs and no kids.
crazycoffey 05:18 AM 01-05-2013
what the fuck are you talking about. are you naked again? the knocking on the back door isn't me, it's goatboy.... are you going to answer?
crazycoffey 05:32 AM 01-05-2013
what the fuck are you talking about. are you naked again? the knocking on the back door isn't me, it's goatboy.... are you going to answer?
Page 2138 of 2138
« First < 1138163820382088212821342135213621372138
Up