ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
kccrow 05:21 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
kccrow,

Concerned at all about Patrick Jones' Senior Bowl performance?
Not really. I won't take him in the 1st though. I had reservations early on about his strength. His teammate, Weaver, is a better player but doesn't have the same athleticism (anymore). Jones needs to get stronger. He was still performed decently.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 02-04-2021
I've run 3 again this morning.

What it comes down to for me is that the guys that are most likely to be there are Leatherwood, Eichenberg, and Vera-Tucker (Mayfield again went in the 20's all 3 times). The WR's I covet, particularly Marshall, are also going off the board before 32 most of the time. Vera-Tucker is a guard and I just can't justify the pick. We need an OT more than anything else. Leatherwood is also probably going to be a guard.

I'm not sold on Eichenberg being a top flight tackle with some of his issues but he's by far the safest pick here in terms of getting immediate return. I could always take Phillips here despite the concussions or Ojulari but I'm not 100% convinced Ojulari can be a 4-3 every down DE.

For that reason, I think the only sure pick is Eichenberg.

32. Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame

As I explained above, I'm looking here for return on investment. Eichenberg at this pick probably has a floor of starting RT and a ceiling of starting LT. Due to the holes we have, he's going to play right away and certainly, the Chiefs staff can work on his technique to help him in space.

64. Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge Vanderbilt

Another potential Day 1 starter. As you'll see in the rest of my picks, I value versatility, especially because I think the Chiefs value it as well. Dayo played several positions in college, even sliding inside to 3T. He also could play OLB in a 3-4. He's a chess piece and we all know how Spags loves that.

95. Amari Rodgers, WR Clemson

Slot WR, built like a RB, can figure into the running game as well as the return game. Needs work on his route running but he's a great, versatile fit for a WCO.

129. Richard LeCounte III, S Georgia

Another player with versatility, a little bit in the HB mold. He can cover slot WR's, he can cover RB's, he can play in multiple sub packages. He could also be a full-time participant in ST right away.

175. Sadarius Hutcherson, IOL South Carolina

Again, it's all about versatility. He's played OT and OG, he's played on the left and on the right. He has a great chance to make the team because he can play every position except C. I took Hutcherson and the previous pick (LeCounte) in pretty much every mock I ran. I like them both a lot for the value.

176. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR Iowa

Developmental WR with size and speed. Has the ability to contribute in both the running and passing game. A lot of unrealized potential in Iowa's pro style offense.

180. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR Illinois

Another Big 10 WR here but this one is a pure developmental prospect. I don't know if Imatorbhebhe will ever be able to adjust to a WCO but his measurable are off the chart so it's worth a shot.

211. Naquan Jones, IDL Michigan State

A big body that didn't get to play much at a school that is usually stacked with talent on the DL. What few snaps he did get, he flashed but he needs a lot of development. However, guys that weigh 325 and are quick are rare.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 02-04-2021
So I wonder what happens if Wylie looks at least average on Sunday. Do they think about bringing him back as a starting RT?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So I wonder what happens if Wylie looks at least average on Sunday. Do they think about bringing him back as a starting RT?
He's a RFA so they probably bring him back regardless unless somebody gives him a big offer. I don't know if they would play him at RT or LG though. They seem to prefer him at guard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's a RFA so they probably bring him back regardless unless somebody gives him a big offer. I don't know if they would play him at RT or LG though. They seem to prefer him at guard.
So this is all going to hinge on Schwartz and if he’s done. If he’s back healthy next year, then I would bring back Remmers and either put Remmers at LT or give Niang a shot in camp.

I’m just not seeing that we absolutely need to draft a LT at 32.

Niang/Remmers - Allegretti - Britt/Rookie - LDT - Schwartz
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 02-04-2021
I’m just not seeing that we absolutely need to draft a LT at 32.
Me either.

But when I suggested it, I got pounced on for saying it.

That's what is confusing me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Me either.

But when I suggested it, I got pounced on for saying it.

That's what is confusing me.
Honestly....if Marshall is sitting at the 26-28 range....I’m fine with trading up for him. If not that....then trade out of 32 because I’m not seeing anyone there that I really like.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:48 PM 02-04-2021

Kansas City Chiefs
Jaelan Phillips
EDGE, Miami

Kansas City Chiefs
Trey Hill
IOL, Georgia

Kansas City Chiefs
D'Wayne Eskridge
WR, Western Michigan

Kansas City Chiefs
Janarius Robinson
EDGE, Florida State

Kansas City Chiefs
Landon Young
OT, Kentucky

Kansas City Chiefs
Amari Rodgers
WR, Clemson

Kansas City Chiefs
Chatarius Atwell
WR, Louisville

Kansas City Chiefs
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

I went heavy on rushers and WRs. I have no interest in bringing Sammy/DRob back. We also need another rusher now on the other side of Frank-who's contract we can get out of at the end of next season if we really needed to get some cap room. Either way, we need more guys to get to the QB.

We can grab a LB as a UDFA after the draft we don't really value that spot anyway and have the Ghey coming back next season to beast out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 02-05-2021
I ran a clean DN mock this morning. Results:

1.32 - Kadarius Toney
, WR, UF. Best value available here and I wanted to see what it looked like if I waited on OT (Mayfield was available).
2.64 - Walker Little, LT, Stanford. Honestly, a better fit than Mayfield in KC's scheme.
3.95 - Janarius Ronbinson, DE, FSU. Huge toolbox, great athlete, needs coaching. Could really explode in KC with the way they've coached up DL.
4.136 - Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC.
5.175 - Tre McKitty, TE, UGA. Athletic guy, good receiving, good-enough blocker, versatile
5.176 (comp) - James Empey, C, BYU. Potential fit in this system, mature guy, fellow Utah-ian for Andy Reid.
5.180 (comp) - Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas. Dynamic returner. Looking for depth at the Hardman/Hill slots and a returner who can take some of that load off Hardman.
7.211 - Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas. This seems like a potential late-round steal to me. He's a long dude who is versatile. Some teams think he's an outside CB only. Some think he's a SS. Could blossom into a good fit for Spagnuolo's scheme.

Looking at all of that, I'd be really excited about that draft. I'd still need to address C somehow (either by spending to retain Reiter, or signing a FA vet C.

But it fills a lot of immediate needs, Little gives you a guy with the upside to be a really excellent LT, Toney is a playmaker who can be a dynamic weapon underneath, and you get a bunch of athleticism and upside on the defensive side.

2021 OL

LT - Remmers/Little
LG -Allegretti/Wylie
C - FA signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - LDT/Wylie
RT - Wylie/Niang

With this group, the hope would be Little and Niang both claim the T jobs as the year goes on. If Schwartz retires and Fisher is unavailable in 2021, that should free up enough cash to sign a C or keep Reiter (though I still wouldn't complain about pursuing Taylor Moton hard, unless they think Schwartz is going to recover).

2022 OL - best case here is you have two good young T on rookie deals. That lets you spend elsewhere as needed, maybe even on a RG upgrade.

LT - Little/Remmers
LG - Allegretti/FA signing or draft pick
C - FA Signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - Wylie/FA signing or draft pick
RT - Niang/Remmers
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 02-05-2021
I just drafted Kyle Pitts at #32. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-05-2021
Get fucked NFL.

Kyle Pitts
TE,

Jevon Holland
S,

James Hudson
OT,

Rashad Weaver
EDGE,

Olaijah Griffin
CB,

Jermar Jefferson
RB,

Austin Watkins
WR,

Marquez Stevenson
WR,
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:43 PM 02-05-2021
That would be incredible. You could go ahead and call of next year's regular season as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 02-05-2021
I ran another couple drafts.

1. The algorithm seems dead set on leaving me with Eichenberg. All the WR's are gone (EVERY TIME) and there's no real value pick at any other position. My choices always seem to be between Leatherwood, Jenkins, and Eichenberg and while I like Jenkins' upside, I don't think it makes him a better overall selection.

2. I still love Richard LeCounte III as a potential 3rd or 4th-round draft pick because of his versatility but twice this morning Holland has fallen to me at the end of the 2nd and he's just too good to pass up. He can play 3rd safety behind HB for a few years and then he and Thornhill can man those spots in the future.

3. Imagine my surprise when not once but TWICE I watch Jabril Cox rise to the top of the board and make it through 12-15 picks to still be waiting there at #95.

32. Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame

64. Javon Holland, S Oregon

95. Jabril Cox, LB LSU

136. Dazz Newsome, WR North Carolina

175. Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane

176. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR Iowa

180. Tedarrell Slaton, IDL Florida

211. Landon Young, OT Kentucky
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 02-05-2021
Vera-Tucker is playing LT in this scenario.

Alijah Vera-Tucker
IOL,

Jevon Holland
S,

Patrick Jones II
EDGE,

Anthony Schwartz
WR,

Drake Jackson
IOL,

Jermar Jefferson
RB,

Frank Darby
WR,

Robert Rochell
CB,
[Reply]
kccrow 02:49 PM 02-05-2021
I just like playing with this thing, haha. Just crafting your own scenarios even if I don't think their rankings will match reality... I'd be really happy if it went down similar to this, to be honest. Mayfield, Myers, and Hutcherson are three of my favorite OL in this entire draft, as is Tryon at DE and Stevenson at WR. A definite stock up on the OL and at WR while trying to keep as close to BPA as possible. For the record, all the top WRs were off the board by pick 25. Other realistic options at 32 were Ojulari (not the best scheme fit, more of a 3-4 OLB), Moerhig (definitely think he'd be on the table), Phillips (I wouldn't draft a DE with a concussion history), Barmore (gave long pause on this one and I'm still unsure about passing on him), and Radunz (I like Mayfield more).

32. Jalen Mayfield OT, Michigan
64. Josh Myers IOL, Ohio State
95. Joe Tryon EDGE, Washington
136. James Wiggins S, Cincinnati
175. Sadarius Hutcherson IOL, South Carolina
176. Whop Philyor WR, Indiana
180. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
211. Marquez Stevenson WR, Houston
[Reply]
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up