ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Needs heading into draft - 3/31
Dante84 04:55 PM 03-31-2017
TE#2 was a secondary need that we just crossed off - Escobar's signing was an upgrade over Harris, at least in the short term.

Major Needs - not in order
+ MLB #3/OTF (DJ's backfill, upgrade over March/Mauga next to R. Wilson)
+ QB #2/OTF (Bray is the only backup on the roster)
+ RB #1a (Ware is more of a 1b, or 2)
+ Edge #3/OTF (Behind Houston/Ford, we're in trouble after Dadi's injury last year)

Secondary Needs - not in order
+ G #3 (Assuming Eihnger comes back healthy, we'll need an upgrade over Fulton)
+ T #3 (J.Reid should be replaced)
+ WR #4/OTF (After Mac/Hill/Conley, its pretty weak; Wilson/DAT should be replaced)
+ Outside CB #3 (Need an upgrade over Gaines outside; Nelson is fine in the slot)
+ NT #2/OTF (Logan is on a one-year deal; Howard could exit as well)

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Dante84 04:59 PM 03-31-2017
Overall, we have to have one of the best/deepest rosters in the league, outside of the Patriots.

Really, the biggest piece we are missing is a super-elite QB, a little more juice at RB/WR, and DJ's replacement.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:34 PM 04-01-2017
I think the Chiefs are dying to get a new ILB, obviously based on their FA work.

I believe they want a new QB, too. I still think they're targeting Peterman.

But while we're all sour on Hali in that third OLB role, I don't think they are.

I still think the smart money is on them going DL in the first. Dorsey's track record is to draft a guy to replace an impending departure.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 04-01-2017
MLB
QB
EDGE
RB
CB
WR

I feel like the MLB and QB can be flippity flopped, as can RB and CB.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:05 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the Chiefs are dying to get a new ILB, obviously based on their FA work.

I believe they want a new QB, too. I still think they're targeting Peterman.

But while we're all sour on Hali in that third OLB role, I don't think they are.

I still think the smart money is on them going DL in the first. Dorsey's track record is to draft a guy to replace an impending departure.
Not in agreement here. We are fine at DL with Logan, Howard, Bailey, Jones, Nunez-Roches, etc.
The Escobar addition allows for either Harris or O'Shags to get the boot and maybe even save some money in the case of a Harris release. The draft is deep at TE and quality contributors could be had in the middle rounds.

ILB is a concern, but I feel a veteran FA will be added after the draft along with a draft prospect being added. Dorsey is checking into price points and the rest of the league is also in wait and see mode until after the draft.

A qb will end up in KC through the draft, but not Peterman. I believe one of the top 4 end up in KC. Too much smoke around Lynch last year and Dorsey will not be denied this year.

We need a running back though, and I hope they draft one high....
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:58 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Then they're fucking wrong.

One injury is all it takes for our defense to be reduced to utter shit. We desperately need to maintain an elite pass rush ESPECIALLY going into the playoffs. Without it, our defense has no edge to it, and that means Alex Smith will let us down just like he always does as soon as the competition gets tough and the stakes get higher.

If we don't go QB in the first, we need an OLB far more than we need an ILB. Dorsey has always been able to find loose chunks of corn in piles of shit to plug and play as we need. We DON'T have that luxury with our pass rush. No knees Tamba and Frank fucking Zombo is what will truly fuck us over in the end.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Not in agreement here. We are fine at DL with Logan, Howard, Bailey, Jones, Nunez-Roches, etc.
The Escobar addition allows for either Harris or O'Shags to get the boot and maybe even save some money in the case of a Harris release. The draft is deep at TE and quality contributors could be had in the middle rounds.

ILB is a concern, but I feel a veteran FA will be added after the draft along with a draft prospect being added. Dorsey is checking into price points and the rest of the league is also in wait and see mode until after the draft.

A qb will end up in KC through the draft, but not Peterman. I believe one of the top 4 end up in KC. Too much smoke around Lynch last year and Dorsey will not be denied this year.

We need a running back though, and I hope they draft one high....
Fuck drafting a RB high.

You can find starter-potential quality guys in the 3rd, 4th, and even later in this draft. Hell, this team has always been able to find them at all levels of the draft and off the scrap heap. This year the stock we have to pick from is even better.

We don't need one of the top 2 guys. We don't need one in the 2nd round, either.

And we sure as FUCK don't need Tiny Dick McCaffery.
[Reply]
spanky 52 06:41 AM 04-02-2017
Have to agree with SNR, OLB will be the first pick followed by WR or CB. Hali is finished. I believe the attention the Chiefs have been giving to the QB position is a smokescreen. We'll see.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:48 AM 04-02-2017
Could you imagine a backfield of Hill and Mixon
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:11 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
**** drafting a RB high.

You can find starter-potential quality guys in the 3rd, 4th, and even later in this draft. Hell, this team has always been able to find them at all levels of the draft and off the scrap heap. This year the stock we have to pick from is even better.

We don't need one of the top 2 guys. We don't need one in the 2nd round, either.

And we sure as **** don't need Tiny Dick McCaffery.
I never said we needed a top 2 back or McCaffrey for that matter. By draft "high" I'm projecting in the top 3 rounds.

West was pedestrian if not below average last year. I like Ware but he broke down during the year. Find a 10-15 carry weapon who can be an asset in the passing game. Guys like Kamara, Mack, Dayes, J. Williams or even Hunt. Most of these guys will be gone by the 3rd or 4th round.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:14 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Could you imagine a backfield of Hill and Mixon
I can't imagine the blowback, but he is a beast. Our offense would be potent.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 04-02-2017
WR is the dark horse need IMO
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:35 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
WR is the dark horse need IMO
Agreed.

Maclin's contract is an albatross. If Davis or Williams drop for some reason, I would not be shocked if the Chiefs go after them. Remember the rumors around Treadwell last year.....

Zay Jones might make sense too, but he'd be a stretch at #27.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:52 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I can't imagine the blowback, but he is a beast. Our offense would be potent.
You could run the jet sweep both directions and open up the whole field.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:07 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
TE#2 was a secondary need that we just crossed off - Escobar's signing was an upgrade over Harris, at least in the short term.

Major Needs - not in order
+ MLB #3/OTF (DJ's backfill, upgrade over March/Mauga next to R. Wilson)
+ QB #2/OTF (Bray is the only backup on the roster)
+ RB #1a (Ware is more of a 1b, or 2)
+ Edge #3/OTF (Behind Houston/Ford, we're in trouble after Dadi's injury last year)

Secondary Needs - not in order
+ G #3 (Assuming Eihnger comes back healthy, we'll need an upgrade over Fulton)
+ T #3 (J.Reid should be replaced)
+ WR #4/OTF (After Mac/Hill/Conley, its pretty weak; Wilson/DAT should be replaced)
+ Outside CB #3 (Need an upgrade over Gaines outside; Nelson is fine in the slot)
+ NT #2/OTF (Logan is on a one-year deal; Howard could exit as well)

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up