ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 113 of 113
« First < 1363103109110111112113
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
srvy 09:09 PM Yesterday
Bob D. Campbell and Company was the structural engineer for the Truman Sports Complex. He probably has had a good laugh about all this cancer of concrete.
[Reply]
vonBobo 09:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah that's pretty dramatic. It doesn't need to be either/or. It is in the best interest of Jackson County to keep the teams and public officials are elected to do what's in the best interest of the area they represent. And maybe that means letting the teams walk. But they are literally elected into leadership positions to problem solve and think creatively about things like this. That doesn't have to mean writing a blank check with tax money for Clark Hunt.
The owners are not the victims, if they wanted to stay in Jackson county then a deal would have been done already. But the teams hold all the cards. They will get a sweetheart deal from someone.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:41 PM Yesterday
I want one of the teams to jump the state line just to see what kind of excuses Quinton Lucas makes. That dude has ridden Sly James’ coattails for 5 years, allowing homicide rates to go out of control, homeless encampments to largely pepper downtown, the plaza to become a shell of its former self, and largely doing nothing at all.

The airport, the World Cup, the Street Car, new downtown construction…all shit that was stamped under Sly’s watch. Lucas is more interested in photo ops and rubbing shoulders in DC (where he really wants to be) than he is in the betterment of Kansas City.

Can’t stand that dude.
[Reply]
tk13 12:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
The owners are not the victims, if they wanted to stay in Jackson county then a deal would have been done already. But the teams hold all the cards. They will get a sweetheart deal from someone.
I totally agree with that. I think the teams have all the leverage. Especially the Chiefs. They can do pretty much whatever they want.

My point was that even when you look at that statement from Frank White, he doesn't say anything or use any kind of language that a politician would say about working to keep the Royals and Chiefs. He kind of comes across like he's powerless watching the waves roll by, when he is the government official who actually has the ability to work with the teams to try and come up with a deal or plan that would be more acceptable for taxpayers. Or just say we're not doing this.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Mahomes could lose a lot of arm strength and become a pocket passer who still moves around in the pocket like Brady did and reads defenses like Peyton and avoids taking hits like Brady and Peyton did at the end of their careers...

I don't see why he couldn't do that in his early forties if he is motivated and reasonably fortunate with serious injuries.

And still be a top 5 QB.
It's certainly possible but less than 1% of QBs can do it. Brady and Vinny Testaverde are like the only ones
[Reply]
ghak99 01:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Good Lord. Does Frank White hate KC or someone affiliated with the improvement of sports in KC?

Maybe he owns land at the Legends.

He has been nothing but a roadblock in this whole mess.
He's a scorned lover on his way to earning a restraining order.

The Royals didn't want him. Tax payers despise him. The only card he has left to play is burning the house down.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I want one of the teams to jump the state line just to see what kind of excuses Quinton Lucas makes. That dude has ridden Sly James’ coattails for 5 years, allowing homicide rates to go out of control, homeless encampments to largely pepper downtown, the plaza to become a shell of its former self, and largely doing nothing at all.

The airport, the World Cup, the Street Car, new downtown construction…all shit that was stamped under Sly’s watch. Lucas is more interested in photo ops and rubbing shoulders in DC (where he really wants to be) than he is in the betterment of Kansas City.

Can’t stand that dude.
Seems totally tefloned by local media. They fawn over every statement he makes
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by Strongside:

Can’t stand that dude.
He's awful
[Reply]
Page 113 of 113
« First < 1363103109110111112113
Up