ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 158
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:23 AM 01-28-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:24 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Have we not had Buccs trolls yet?
Dickie V is their only fan.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:31 AM 01-28-2021
Rather bizarre. Tom Brady & the dynasty started with the tuck rule vs Raiders. 2001 AFC title game and replaced the Raiders coveted title as America's hated. The Raiders are the only team to beat the 2020 Chiefs starters. Mini revenge for Raiders for KC to win
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:44 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I mean, someone find out: is this the worst discrepancy of talent between an OL and a DL that ever met in a Super Bowl? It sure feels like it.

But I have faith in Andy Reid.

If there's one thing about Reid, he has an uncanny ability to find ways to get journeyman linemen to play great in big games. No, the Chiefs OL won't flat beat TB's DL for the whole game, but they will, after being sprinkled with Andy's genius, find ways to slow them down just enough for Patrick to make plays.

Last year, we watched Andy pull out a hatful of special plays to win SB LIV. This year, I think we're going to see a whole bucketful, because that's what it will probably take in 2021.
I listened to Chris Simms on a few different videos this week and I think while he acknowledged the weakness of the OL vs. Tampa’s DL is there, he also made very valid points as to why it might not be the difference maker in the outcome.

Andy Reid has basically an entire week to formulate the best possible plan. More importantly, he has the resources available in other areas to make an offensive line as meaningless as one can possibly be.

Mahomes’ athleticism and ability to get the ball out fast. His processing to set up protections correctly. The speed at the skills positions to stress the defense pre and post-snap tremendously. The scheme diversity, with things like RPOs, quick passes, moving pockets, and pre-snap movement to prevent the DL from just teeing off on an inferior set of O-Linemen.

I think its a game KC can lose and if they do, yeah, we will probably be talking about the OL issues as to why. But I don’t think its going to happen. Andy and these guys are preparing for it from the jump. It’s not like you start the game with Fish and Schwartz and they both get injured in the first half, leaving you in a real bind.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 08:57 AM 01-28-2021
Has it been decided if Tampa get their home locker room in this Dbl Nickel Bowl?
Or are the Chiefs considered home team and Bucs have to move?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:59 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
Has it been decided if Tampa get their home locker room in this Dbl Nickel Bowl?
Or are the Chiefs considered home team and Bucs have to move?
NFC stadium means the NFC is the home team.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 01-28-2021
Remember in 2014 when the Chiefs had a young Eric Fisher, Donald Stephenson, Zach Fulton, Rodney Hudson and Mike ducking McGlynn against the dominant Seahawks defense at its peak and we won?

I trust Andy to figure this shit out.

Shit I think it won’t be as bad considering the Bucs DB’s are not equipped to handle our receivers at all. Guys will be open all day.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:35 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remember in 2014 when the Chiefs had a young Eric Fisher, Donald Stephenson, Zach Fulton, Rodney Hudson and Mike ducking McGlynn against the dominant Seahawks defense at its peak and we won?

I trust Andy to figure this shit out.

Shit I think it won’t be as bad considering the Bucs DB’s are not equipped to handle our receivers at all. Guys will be open all day.
Yeah I agree with this.

The Buccaneers almost exclusively get pressure from the edges and from blitzing. Mahomes will feast on that.

The Buccaneers play mostly man coverage, which won’t hold up long enough to get to Mahomes when he’s extending the play.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:45 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
NFC stadium means the NFC is the home team.
Home and away designations alternate between the conferences. AFC is "home" in even years and NFC is "home" in odd. The stadium has nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:56 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I listened to Chris Simms on a few different videos this week and I think while he acknowledged the weakness of the OL vs. Tampa’s DL is there, he also made very valid points as to why it might not be the difference maker in the outcome.

Andy Reid has basically an entire week to formulate the best possible plan. More importantly, he has the resources available in other areas to make an offensive line as meaningless as one can possibly be.

Mahomes’ athleticism and ability to get the ball out fast. His processing to set up protections correctly. The speed at the skills positions to stress the defense pre and post-snap tremendously. The scheme diversity, with things like RPOs, quick passes, moving pockets, and pre-snap movement to prevent the DL from just teeing off on an inferior set of O-Linemen.

I think its a game KC can lose and if they do, yeah, we will probably be talking about the OL issues as to why. But I don’t think its going to happen. Andy and these guys are preparing for it from the jump. It’s not like you start the game with Fish and Schwartz and they both get injured in the first half, leaving you in a real bind.

I just get the feeling it will be one of those story lines that will be hyped up all the way up to KO then half way through the game it will be forgotten. The Chiefs evolved short passing game is just going to be a nightmare and you know Bowles wont be able to not Blitz.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:06 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Home and away designations alternate between the conferences. AFC is "home" in even years and NFC is "home" in odd. The stadium has nothing to do with it.
Does the choice of stadium not factor into who’s year it is? I thought so but, perhaps not.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:12 AM 01-28-2021
I just get the feeling it will be one of those story lines that will be hyped up all the way up to KO then half way through the game it will be forgotten. The Chiefs evolved short passing game is just going to be a nightmare and you know Bowles wont be able to not Blitz.
Yep. You almost have to press them because if you give the receivers space with Mahomes’ quick processing and release, they will steal 7-10 yards vs. off coverage every single play.

But you press, and you risk getting burned often.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:19 AM 01-28-2021
Have we not had Buccs trolls yet?
The bucs fans are mostly fair weather fans. There are too many entertainment options here to be spending money on them when they suck
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chop111:
The Bucs are going to struggle mightily to deal with Tyreek Hill, who torched their DB's in the regular season game. Expect to see mostly 4-Man rush schemes by the Bucs and some bracket/double-team coverages on Hill.

Check out my review of Hill's explosive regular-season performance against the Bucs, during KC's 27-24 win.
Search YouTube for "Super Bowl Preview 1: The Chiefs Unstoppable Weapon - Tyreek Hill"

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:58 AM 01-28-2021

[Reply]
Page 45 of 158
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up