ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 54
« First < 4445051525354
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:47 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its almost as if if he is more selective he's better. Take note Salvy.
If he would have been like this his entire career, then he'd be a top 5 player in the league during this time. It's insane.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:48 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Ken Rosenthal wrote a little bit about the Royals and James McArthur in the Athletic.
Pitching staff is light years ahead of what dipshit DM, Matheny, and Cal had. To have a competent coaching staff is really nice.
[Reply]
tk13 12:13 PM Yesterday
It is interesting to me they didn't want him to be the closer, but I guess that's Rosenthal saying that not Picollo. That might just be keeping it professional since Will Smith is such an established guy. McArthur straight up dominated the last month of the year and his stuff is filthy.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:16 PM Yesterday
:-)

Gavin Sheets had such a bad error that the broadcast guy said "Are you shitting me?" on the air 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/x1ZPAFdjrq

— Baseball Central™ (@BaseballCentraI) May 3, 2024

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:02 AM Today
This whole pitching staff has been incredible, thank god cal eldred is gone.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 01:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
:-)

Hahahaha... shades of Harry Doyle.

You can't say "shitting me" on the air!

Don't worry, nobody's listening anyway...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:09 AM Today
I hope the outfield starts hitting soon. Why not call up Waters?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:59 AM Today

The @Royals are the 10th team in the WC Era (since 1995) to allow fewer than 100 R through 33 G.

22 HOU 106 W, won WS
22 NYY 99 W, lost CS
20 CLE 35 W, lost WC
18 HOU 103 W, lost CS
16 CHC 103 W, won WS
16 NYM 87 W, lost WC
12 WAS 98 W, lost DS
05 FLA 83 W
97 ATL 101 W, lost CS

— Nick Kappel (@NickKappel) May 4, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:28 AM Today
Man. Having so much fun with this team.

It's funny how, once Salvador Perez is giving more physical rest from catching, his offensive profile really evens out and maximizes.

We're seeing far fewer of those "tired" swings at bad pitches that end up with a whiff or him rolling over on it to shortstop.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man. Having so much fun with this team.

It's funny how, once Salvador Perez is giving more physical rest from catching, his offensive profile really evens out and maximizes.

We're seeing far fewer of those "tired" swings at bad pitches that end up with a whiff or him rolling over on it to shortstop.
Do you think his massive increase in BB rate and massive drop in K rate is just sample size or some kind of permanent adjustment?

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...r-perez-521692

His chase rate is still god awful per baseball savant yet if you extrapolated his BB and Ks it would be so far off his seasonal avgs it is insane.
[Reply]
nychief 09:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I hope the outfield starts hitting soon. Why not call up Waters?

Royals outfielders are hitting .190/.254/.323. Nelson's regression is a real shame.

Waters is worth a shot. Cross seems to have recovered and at 23...should get a shot this season.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:02 AM Today
MJ finally broke a zip for 23 last night that ignited the six run seventh. Garcia had a slump a few weeks ago but seems to have broken out of that. Bobby and Salvy have been on fire.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:11 AM Today
Do you think his massive increase in BB rate and massive drop in K rate is just sample size or some kind of permanent adjustment?

His chase rate is still god awful per baseball savant yet if you extrapolated his BB and Ks it would be so far off his seasonal avgs it is insane.
I think some of that is adjustment, and some of it is him being more fresh.

When you're tired, it's harder to be patient and disciplined.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:07 PM Today

I would make an argument that Salvy's chase stat is an exception to the rule given how hard he hits stuff out of the zone. I haven't looked at any stats to back it up, but I think of that homerun he hit on a ball six inches below the zone as an example. Also, despite the chase rate, his wjiff rate is insane especially given how much he chases. He makes good contact on stuff outside the zone. So maybe he's selective with respect to his contact radius rather than the strike zone.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:51 PM Today

RHP Alec Marsh will make a rehab start tomorrow with Omaha (AAA).

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) May 4, 2024

[Reply]
Page 54 of 54
« First < 4445051525354
Up