ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away about Rudolph’s racial slur
Deberg_1990 05:53 PM 02-17-2020
Hmmmmm

Former #Browns GM John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away Mason Rudolph used a racial slur.

In ESPN interview, Garrett says he told Dorsey, coaches and DT Larry Ogunjobi about accusation on heels of Nov. 14 fight. Ogunjobi confirmed on Dec. 1.https://t.co/2EFrtzo4JO

— Nate Ulrich (@ByNateUlrich) February 17, 2020

[Reply]
ptlyon 11:41 AM 02-21-2020
Did we not learn anything from Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:45 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
southern/country isnt a race
So, it's only okay to make fun of how someone talks if they're from the South or the country?

Like, somehow that's different than making fun of how someone talks if they're from, say, Korea or even the ghetto?

Ok then.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:54 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
I think it is rude to make fun of how someone talks. I went to speech therapy for years to get to the level of speech I’m at now. When someone makes fun of the way I talk very first thought I get is that person isn’t very smart. But, I’m pretty sure they think the same about me. I’ve heard people before when they thought the conference call was done, say he’s so stupid he can’t even talk right. Lol
I once made the mistake of commenting in a group setting that I knew an adult who couldn't pronounce R's. I got several dirty looks and it turned out that half the people in the group had done speech therapy for similar problems (though in my defense, they all pronounced their R's perfectly when they called me a moron).
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:02 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I once made the mistake of commenting in a group setting that I knew an adult who couldn't pronounce R's. I got several dirty looks and it turned out that half the people in the group had done speech therapy for similar problems (though in my defense, they all pronounced their R's perfectly when they called me a moron).
:-)
:-)

Awesome.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:07 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So, it's only okay to make fun of how someone talks if they're from the South or the country?

Like, somehow that's different than making fun of how someone talks if they're from, say, Korea or even the ghetto?

Ok then.
#1 my post you quoted didnt say ANYTHING was ok. quit making things up.
#2 maybe you dont understand what a race of people actually is...

#3 making fun of anyone is demeaning. it is ALSO acting like you are superior. if someone is making fun of someone because of what area they are from it wouldnt be racism because it doesnt have to do with what RACE they are. making fun of or demeaning someone due to something that has to do with what race they are IS racism.

not sure how thats hard to understand.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:11 PM 02-21-2020
#1 my post you quoted didnt say ANYTHING was ok. quit making things up.
#2 maybe you dont understand what a race of people actually is...

#3 making fun of anyone is demeaning. it is ALSO acting like you are superior. if someone is making fun of someone because of what area they are from it wouldnt be racism because it doesnt have to do with what RACE they are. making fun of or demeaning someone due to something that has to do with what race they are IS racism.

not sure how thats hard to understand.
It's not hard for ME to understand. Maybe YOU don't understand that making fun of someone's dialect, while rude and demeaning, isn't actually racism. By definition.

You see what I'm getting at?
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:13 PM 02-21-2020
It's not hard for ME to understand. Maybe YOU don't understand that making fun of someone's dialect, while rude and demeaning, isn't actually racism. By definition.

You see what I'm getting at?
making fun of someone for their dialect that caused by their race or the language their race speaks IS acting as though you are superior. the definition of racism.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:28 PM 02-21-2020
its called "the perpetuation of discriminatory practices through linguistic predjudice"

and actually the civil rights act of 1964 says it's illegal in the workplace...

it's racism
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:32 PM 02-21-2020
its called "the perpetuation of discriminatory practices through linguistic predjudice"

and actually the civil rights act of 1964 says it's illegal in the workplace...

it's racism
1. We aren't in the workplace.

2. Making fun of someone's accent isn't racism. Lyndon B Johnson was totally a racist, even though he passed the civil rights act of 1964.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 02-21-2020
Yea I’m definitely not going to agree that making fun of somebody’s voice is racist.

That’s just ridiculous. Let’s not make jokes racism.

Calling somebody the n word is definitely racist though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:44 PM 02-21-2020
1. We aren't in the workplace.

2. Making fun of someone's accent isn't racism. Lyndon B Johnson was totally a racist, even though he passed the civil rights act of 1964.
again making fun of someone is acting as though you are superior, when it's predicated on their race that makes it racism.

who gives a fuck if johnson was racist?

tell you what, the next time your black friends take you to dinner call them the n word and end it with ER... make sure you record it and post up the results on here. Or go out and find some asian guys and see if they like you making fun of their speech. Record that too. post it up, cool guy. lets see how it works out for you.

until then why not just shut the fuck up and quit defending racism, it's only making you look bad.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:46 PM 02-21-2020
Well, this thread went about as expected.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:46 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I’m definitely not going to agree that making fun of somebody’s voice is racist.

making fun of the way an asian talks isnt the same as making fun of someone's voice...

it's not funny, it is demeaning.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 02-21-2020
making fun of the way an asian talks isnt the same as making fun of someone's voice...

it's not funny, it is demeaning.
I mean you might not find it funny, but if that’s the intent it’s still a joke.

I’m not saying dude isn’t racist. Just saying that’s not necessarily an example of it.

I don’t think there should ever be rules to comedy. I will always fight for somebody’s right to tell a joke without being labeled because of it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:00 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Dude, I'd check your Coke for pee-pee.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up