ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2019 Draft Ranking for Positions
O.city 02:28 PM 03-25-2019
So if you could take that first and trade it for a current player, seeing as though you may end up taking a center there in the draft, do you do it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if you could take that first and trade it for a current player, seeing as though you may end up taking a center there in the draft, do you do it?
Still no.

Now if I were looking at a board with Lindstrom as the top of the position on the IOL and somehow my BPA, I'd probably do it.

But I think we're poopooing the responsibilities of a C a bit here. That's a toooouuuuugh position to play, especially in this system and with a young QB under center witha chance to build a half-decade or more of rapport there, I don't see C as any 'worse' a position to take as just about anything being suggested in the alternative.

It's just a less sexy one.
[Reply]
O.city 02:36 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still no.

Now if I were looking at a board with Lindstrom as the top of the position on the IOL and somehow my BPA, I'd probably do it.

But I think we're poopooing the responsibilities of a C a bit here. That's a toooouuuuugh position to play, especially in this system and with a young QB under center witha chance to build a half-decade or more of rapport there, I don't see C as any 'worse' a position to take as just about anything being suggested in the alternative.

It's just a less sexy one.
I have no problem taking a center there. I've covered for you on that in the mock thread and this is the thanks I get? Fuck.

It would depend to me on if they have guys rated similarly. If they truly believe the end of the first is gonna be similar to the back of the 2nd in terms of who they can get, go trade that pick for Clowney or Ramsey and sign them.

It's a way to get blue chippers which you need (unless your New England and we ain't New England)
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:39 PM 03-25-2019
You guys are great and I appreciate these conversations.

I dont watch college ball so I have to learn the entire draft from February to April. Thanks for the help.

Chiefs will pick someone none of us expect, like usual.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:00 PM 03-25-2019
I've seen great tape from all 3. Heck, I wouldn't be worried at all if I were KC and landed one of the top 5 options. But I also.am not dying to find an elite guy. Be a aolid guy in all aspects is good enough for me.

I have a really hard time buying into taking IOL Day 1 generally though.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:02 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I've seen great tape from all 3. Heck, I wouldn't be worried at all if I were KC and landed one of the top 5 options. But I also.am not dying to find an elite guy. Be a aolid guy in all aspects is good enough for me.

If its round 1 then I want a TOP guy.
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 03-25-2019

In the past, i'd agree.

But with the quick game everyone runs now, interior pressure and DL is the new fad and some of these teams have frickin monsters in there. Not just space eaters but badasses.

I think it's kind of an undersold reason the Pats are always so good up front. For one, Brady takes shallow drops to give his tackles room to run people by and their interior OL is just damn good.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:05 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
In the past, i'd agree.

But with the quick game everyone runs now, interior pressure and DL is the new fad and some of these teams have frickin monsters in there. Not just space eaters but badasses.

I think it's kind of an undersold reason the Pats are always so good up front. For one, Brady takes shallow drops to give his tackles room to run people by and their interior OL is just damn good.
That's more of a case for having a quality scouting department and OL coaching.
[Reply]
O.city 03:07 PM 03-25-2019
If I could have Scarnechia sure. But that's not happening so i'll take the most talent I can get.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 03-25-2019
Can't coach the ability to be cock-strong and have fast feet.

Think of the Smith vs. Mahomes dichotomy, though to a far less extreme degree. Reid is no smarter than he's ever been, but he could do things with Mahomes he could never do with Smith because Mahomes simply has physical gifts that Smith could never dream of. Those tools open up every trick in Andy's book.

Bradbury's combination of functional strength and agility is on par with the best in the NFL right now, if not surpassing them. That dude has a ton of tools man.

And with that, the kind of blocking we can do on the interior is just different when we're not trying to paper over poor functional strength or heavy feet (the case with Reiter). Yes, coaching can cover for weaknesses, but a lack of weaknesses can open up a lot of additional coaching.

It goes both ways.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:28 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can't coach the ability to be cock-strong and have fast feet.

Think of the Smith vs. Mahomes dichotomy, though to a far less extreme degree. Reid is no smarter than he's ever been, but he could do things with Mahomes he could never do with Smith because Mahomes simply has physical gifts that Smith could never dream of. Those tools open up every trick in Andy's book.

Bradbury's combination of functional strength and agility is on par with the best in the NFL right now, if not surpassing them. That dude has a ton of tools man.

And with that, the kind of blocking we can do on the interior is just different when we're not trying to paper over poor functional strength or heavy feet (the case with Reiter). Yes, coaching can cover for weaknesses, but a lack of weaknesses can open up a lot of additional coaching.

It goes both ways.
It doesn't really compare. Interior OL just doesn't hold value like other positions because the athletic requirements, even with a trend of interior pressure, aren't as strenuous.
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 03-25-2019
Some may just have the philosophy of no IOL in the first round, which, I understand. I wouldn't necessarily be against that philosophy myself in the past but I've come around to it a bit just with the amount guards and centers are getting and how important blocking up in there has become.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:47 PM 03-25-2019
I'm more concerned with just having a unit of 5 where one piece isn't a total turd sieve and that they can work well as a unit.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:47 PM 03-25-2019
You still arguing your Center pick at 29 everywhere DJ? :P

Erik McCoy is more athletic. Why didn't you take him? Inquiring minds want to know why it is you were hell bent on Bradbury. haha

Edit: Shall I instead say "every bit as athletic?" I hate to say "more" in the general sense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You still arguing your Center pick at 29 everywhere DJ? :P

Erik McCoy is more athletic. Why didn't you take him? Inquiring minds want to know why it is you were hell bent on Bradbury. haha

Edit: Shall I instead say "every bit as athletic?" I hate to say "more" in the general sense.
I don't think McCoy is even 'as' athletic. Perhaps in straight line speed (hard to tell) but I think Bradbury has much better feet and lateral agility.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up