ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3554 of 3903
« First < 2554305434543504354435503551355235533554 3555355635573558356436043654 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:51 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What's the demographic like of those who are vaccinated and still hospitalized?
I don't know all of their ages but the oldest is 58 and the youngest is 15 and there are 2 in their 30s.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:54 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Regarding "the fully vaccinated," I wonder how many of them were infected during the 14 day period after the boost shot and weren't truly "fully vaccinated."
The 4 that have been talked about, or that I have been in their room, the most were vaccinated in May. They all worked together at one local business.
[Reply]
TLO 04:56 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't know all of their ages but the oldest is 58 and the youngest is 15 and there are 2 in their 30s.
For the vaccinated folks?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:59 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
For the vaccinated folks?
Yes, the 15 year old is the 58 year olds child.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:07 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Out of the 32 Covid patients that are hospitalized where I work 5 have been completely vaccinated.
50% of the adults in my family who caught it recently were vaccinated.
[Reply]
TLO 05:27 PM 07-16-2021
Not a fan of the way things are trending right now
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:08 PM 07-16-2021
I don’t get why someone wouldn’t want to get vaccinated at this point?? But its your life I guess…
[Reply]
loochy 06:25 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t get why someone wouldn’t want to get vaccinated at this point?? But its your life I guess…

Right, but who wants to get magnetized and sterilized?
[Reply]
Swanman 06:34 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It begins with dis and ends with information. Can't go further than that while respecting that this is in the main forum and there is a lot of good talk about the facts and circumstances.

My shot didn't turn me into one of the X-Men but I do have wonderful 5G reception now and free HBO for life.
[Reply]
loochy 06:38 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
It begins with dis and ends with information. Can't go further than that while respecting that this is in the main forum and there is a lot of good talk about the facts and circumstances.

My shot didn't turn me into one of the X-Men but I do have wonderful 5G reception now and free HBO for life.

No, it begins with lost and ends with trust. The government and big pharma lost a lot of trust and haven't been able to get it back. I'm quite certain that people don't REALLY think the vaccine does that stuff, but they have an unconscious bias against authority that just compels them to disagree no matter how ridiculous it seems.
[Reply]
Swanman 06:41 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
No, it begins with lost and ends with trust. The government and big pharma lost a lot of trust and haven't been able to get it back.
There is some of that for sure, especially within minority communities. But when you see someone saying they don't want the shot because they read that 50,000 people have died from the vaccinations, they are getting fed bad info that is causing them to make the decisions they make. It's definitely a function of both.

And don't get me started on the Gates microchips that were being put in the vaccine or the myriad of other insane claims that are making the Facebook/Twitter rounds.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:52 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think it's highly likely this will spike again this fall. Hopefully nowhere near the levels we saw last fall, but I have to believe it's coming.
A month or two ago, I would have agreed with you.

But Delta might be contagious enough, I'm not sure there will be that many people left by fall for a spike.

Sure, there will be pockets here and there that could still spike next fall\winter. But the country isn't going to do a lock down or social distancing. I imagine in person schools will open with the regular school year and colleges.

I think herd immunity (the hard way) is in this county's future much sooner than I would have thought not so long.

Sad to see the completely preventable deaths. And the less visible but still painful cases of long covid that didn't have to happen.

And all the medical resources that could have been spent on something else.

But I guess the good news is the end might be in sight. If people don't get vaccinated soon, it might not matter. It might be a pretty steady burn across the country (with local spikes) and then life goes on*.

*For those that didn't die of course. :-)
[Reply]
Swanman 08:01 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
A month or two ago, I would have agreed with you.

But Delta might be contagious enough, I'm not sure there will be that many people left by fall for a spike.

Sure, there will be pockets here and there that could still spike next fall\winter. But the country isn't going to do a lock down or social distancing. I imagine in person schools will open with the regular school year and colleges.

I think herd immunity (the hard way) is in this county's future much sooner than I would have thought not so long.

Sad to see the completely preventable deaths. And the less visible but still painful cases of long covid that didn't have to happen.

And all the medical resources that could have been spent on something else.

But I guess the good news is the end might be in sight. If people don't get vaccinated soon, it might not matter. It might be a pretty steady burn across the country (with local spikes) and then life goes on*.

*For those that didn't die of course. :-)
My parents have a friend with scarring on her lungs that will likely never go away so long covid is definitely a bitch. I am just hoping a new variant doesn't spring up in a hotspot, either in the US or somewhere else, that is more resistant to the current vaccines.
[Reply]
prhom 08:57 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
My parents have a friend with scarring on her lungs that will likely never go away so long covid is definitely a bitch. I am just hoping a new variant doesn't spring up in a hotspot, either in the US or somewhere else, that is more resistant to the current vaccines.
What makes you think new variants won’t keep popping up? It’s such an adaptive virus and there’s always going to be plenty of people for it to continue mutating among. Seems like it’ll just get better at spreading and staying just enough ahead of our vaccines to avoid eradication.
[Reply]
wazu 09:33 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
What makes you think new variants won’t keep popping up? It’s such an adaptive virus and there’s always going to be plenty of people for it to continue mutating among. Seems like it’ll just get better at spreading and staying just enough ahead of our vaccines to avoid eradication.
Repent your sins! We are doomed!
[Reply]
Page 3554 of 3903
« First < 2554305434543504354435503551355235533554 3555355635573558356436043654 > Last »
Up