ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the best running back in the NFL?
lewdog 02:16 PM 10-18-2020
Let's discuss.

The positions used to be heavily regarded but the game has changed and serviceable backs seem to be common place in many years.

However, let's discuss the best back in the league. Who is it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:24 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They don’t have to pay him do they? Agreed, I don’t like building around a RB. I’m not sure about his contract status? But I’d let him walk when it’s up.
They just resigned him over the summer. 4 years, $50M with over $25M guaranteed.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:19 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They just resigned him over the summer. 4 years, $50M with over $25M guaranteed.
I would definitely be looking to upgrade from Tannehill in the draft if i were them. Even if they have to move up like the Chiefs did. Hes solid, but nothing truly special

Not sure what their philosophy is about that though? Since Vrabel seems old school.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:44 AM 10-19-2020
I would definitely be looking to upgrade from Tannehill in the draft if i were them.
He's been looking fantastic...people are waiting for him to fall back to earth. It'll take a while for him to shake his stigma with the Dolphins...and being a reclamation QB.

He's a top 4 AFC QB right now...Ben, Lamar, Mahomes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:48 AM 10-19-2020
I would definitely be looking to upgrade from Tannehill in the draft if i were them. Even if they have to move up like the Chiefs did. Hes solid, but nothing truly special

Not sure what their philosophy is about that though? Since Vrabel seems old school.
They just gave Tannehill a new deal. They aren’t taking a QB high for a year or two.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 10-19-2020
McCaffrey
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:05 AM 10-19-2020
Henry
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:14 AM 10-19-2020
Henry and I don't think it is particularly close. 212 yds rushing yesterday. Pretty amazing
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:16 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He's been looking fantastic...people are waiting for him to fall back to earth. It'll take a while for him to shake his stigma with the Dolphins...and being a reclamation QB.

He's a top 4 AFC QB right now...Ben, Lamar, Mahomes.
He's a reclamation QB for a reason. Right now, they run a ton of play action and it is working. He's playing FAR above his career line. It won't last forever.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:36 AM 10-19-2020
I've barely seen McCaffrey play, so my only solid knowledge about him is that his father was a wimp who acted like he was injured on every single catch of his career. So I vote no on McCaffrey.

Henry's hard to vote against, and Chubb sure seems effective on Cleveland teams that are erratic. I would like Kamara a lot in our system, and he's great overall. But it's hard to vote against Henry at this point. The guy's a monster.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:16 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've barely seen McCaffrey play, so my only solid knowledge about him is that his father was a wimp who acted like he was injured on every single catch of his career. So I vote no on McCaffrey.

Henry's hard to vote against, and Chubb sure seems effective on Cleveland teams that are erratic. I would like Kamara a lot in our system, and he's great overall. But it's hard to vote against Henry at this point. The guy's a monster.
Very rarely do you find an RB with his speed and power. Crazy Titans didn't resign him to a monster contract and instead signed Tannehill. Henry is heart and soul of that team.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:17 AM 10-19-2020
Henry or Kamara. Dark horse is Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:24 AM 10-19-2020
Ubeja is probably having a heart attack over this thread and I love it.....
[Reply]
tk13 10:29 AM 10-19-2020
I think Dalvin Cook is the one who will almost always be underrated in this discussion. Definitely been injury prone, but many RBs are. I think he's really good though.

Hard to beat McCaffery since he's coming off a 1000/1000 yard season. That's pretty rarefied air. Henry is up there, he's a different kind of RB though. In a way his critics are right that he's not as consistent, but that's not how he works. He is basically a battering ram that just wears you down and by the 2nd half he runs over you.

It's funny because he does the same thing over the course of a season. I've seen people criticize him for averaging 3 ypc this year, but it was pretty similar last year. He averaged less than 4 ypc the first half last year, and in November/December he was single handedly mauling teams. He just gets stronger the more he goes. We'll see if that happens this year.
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:42 AM 10-19-2020
1) CMC
2) Barkley
3) Zeke
4) Kamara
5) Henry
6) Cook
7) Jacobs
8) Sanders
9) Mixon
10) Chubb

Rookies:

1) Taylor
2) Swift
3) Dobbins
4) CEH
5) Akers
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
1) CMC
2) Barkley
3) Zeke
4) Kamara
5) Henry
6) Cook
7) Jacobs
8) Sanders
9) Mixon
10) Chubb

Rookies:

1) Taylor
2) Swift
3) Dobbins
4) CEH
5) Akers

Clyde Edwards-Helaire this season among rookie RBs:
�� 344 rush yards (1st)
�� 252 rush yards after contact (1st)
�� 16 missed tackles forced on runs (1st) pic.twitter.com/6RU5r2fdB4

— PFF (@PFF) October 18, 2020

But sure CEH is the 4th best rookie RB :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up