ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the best running back in the NFL?
lewdog 02:16 PM 10-18-2020
Let's discuss.

The positions used to be heavily regarded but the game has changed and serviceable backs seem to be common place in many years.

However, let's discuss the best back in the league. Who is it?
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:11 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wrong
Nope.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:18 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
When healthy Barkley is up there
When healthy it's him, easy.

3 Years ago it was Bell.

I think Chubb is underrated and I think Henry is still underrated.

Systems determine effectiveness of QB's and HB's. In Pitt Henry would be an MVP option. Hell, he might be anyway.

I think Barkley would fit our offense perfectly while Henry would do better somewhere like Pitt, Baltimore, Buffalo, etc...
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:33 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Nope.
I’m going to shit in your mouth!!!
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:35 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’m going to shit in your mouth!!!
It won't change how Henry was averaging 3 ypc before today.

The best backs are those productive in all phases of the game, like Kamara. Not dudes just getting a ton of carries.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:38 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
It won't change how Henry was averaging 3 ypc before today.

The best backs are those productive in all phases of the game, like Kamara. Not dudes just getting a ton of carries.
Wrong
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:39 PM 10-18-2020
1) Henry

2) McCaffrey

3) Kareem
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:24 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that they gotta pay Henry now. I'm just not a fan of building around a RB. Not in 2020.
I think it's easier to replace running back stats with younger, cheaper players via the draft, than the stats of any other skill position players.

Steelers fans were upset when Bell sat out, but for the money they saved not paying Bell, Conner produced very similar stats. No, he did not replace Bell completely, but he was much more cost effective.

The average career length for running backs is a little less that 5 seasons, and depending on their usage, the number of seasons a running back stays elite is less than that.

Two years ago Gurley was an elite running back. Devonta Freeman had two elite seasons. David Johnson had one elite season. Once upon a time, Larry Johnson had back to back 1700 yard seasons, and it was only the 3rd time that had happened in NFL history.

Paying a large percentage of your salary cap to a running back is not a formula for long term success.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:40 AM 10-19-2020
Patrick Mahomes, duh!

He doesn't do anything wrong :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:06 AM 10-19-2020
Leveon Bell
[Reply]
carcosa 03:21 AM 10-19-2020
Rashaan Shehee!!!!!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:26 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Leveon Bell
Could be, frankly. Still at a prime age.

Would any of these other backs have torn it up in that Jets offense?
[Reply]
CupidStunt 03:33 AM 10-19-2020
Henry is not even remotely close to being the best RB in the league. Talk about some insane flavor of the moment. He's definitely the best for occasional stiff-arm and 90-yard TD highlights, but in terms of being a complete package and consistent, FOH.

He and Chubb need their own ranking along with other pure runners. Chubb is a better runner than Hunt, but most GMs would take Hunt before Chubb. The difference between them in the receiving game is much, much, much bigger than the difference in running.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:29 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that they gotta pay Henry now. I'm just not a fan of building around a RB. Not in 2020.
They don’t have to pay him do they? Agreed, I don’t like building around a RB. I’m not sure about his contract status? But I’d let him walk when it’s up.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:40 AM 10-19-2020
Henry just got paid
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:48 AM 10-19-2020
I'd have to say Zeke/Barkley. Both currently on dogshit teams with dogshit lines and dogshit qb play though. CMC is probably the most dangerous over all but the other two are more your conventional RB. And Henry may be the most well used currently to hide his offenses issues, but imo hes far from the most talented or best at anything.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up