ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 160
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Top 101 CP Posters of 2014 Part 2 Presented by SNR
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 PM 07-31-2014
The countdown and butt hurt continues as SNR, the unnamed listmaker, and I are on a mission to finish this thing.

Original thread (101-58).... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...osters+of+2014

57-34... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....30&postcount=3

33-21... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...31&postcount=4

20-13... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=13

12. Dane McCloud
Spoiler!

11. Pestilence
Spoiler!

10. htismaqe
Spoiler!

9. Rausch
Spoiler!

8. Bowser
Spoiler!

7. Simply Red
Spoiler!

6. milkman
Spoiler!

5. Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

4. SNR
Spoiler!

3. 'Hamas' Jenkins
Spoiler!

2. Rain Man
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:31 PM 10-08-2014
:-) :-):-):-):-) Pure genius.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:14 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
And now, he literally never will.....
Shit I forgot again!
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:24 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Shit I forgot again!
How many cats have you killed this week?
[Reply]
Katipan 04:25 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
If it's with Flopnuts, for your own safety you better choose the side that forms an obtuse angle with the ground.

Wait, that's the leaning tower of Pisa. Nevermind.
It's already acute one.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:30 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
How many cats have you killed this week?
I blame the pot
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:51 PM 10-08-2014
This was the first one I wrote over the period of two or three days. I spent one or two hours each day drafting an outline and writing it. Usually I get an idea, sketch a few points out, and just poop it out in about 30 minutes. For this one, the length and story development required more organization. Once I got the Animal Farm idea, I actually went to the library to grab a copy and started thinking about the posters most befitting of some of the characters/animals, apart from Phobia as Napoleon, who was the inspiration for this thing in the first place.

You're right that not everything can be as good as this, but when you have nearly unlimited directions and material to work with in the case of Phobia, you almost can't do justice by writing standard roasts.

And people would probably agree with me that the best roasts I've done so far are the ones that are more satire than they are a string of jokes and insults.

[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:57 PM 10-08-2014
This was the first one I wrote over the period of two or three days. I spent one or two hours each day drafting an outline and writing it. Usually I get an idea, sketch a few points out, and just poop it out in about 30 minutes. For this one, the length and story development required more organization. Once I got the Animal Farm idea, I actually went to the library to grab a copy and started thinking about the posters most befitting of some of the characters/animals, apart from Phobia as Napoleon, who was the inspiration for this thing in the first place.

You're right that not everything can be as good as this, but when you have nearly unlimited directions and material to work with in the case of Phobia, you almost can't do justice by writing standard roasts.

And people would probably agree with me that the best roasts I've done so far are the ones that are more satire than they are a string of jokes and insults.
:-) So that was pretty much the motivation to do all of these huh? Seriously though, I much prefer the satire.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:10 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It's already acute one.
Yeah you are...... :Snare,snare;high hat:
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:22 PM 10-08-2014
There is no point to do another roast, because that isn't being topped.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:23 AM 10-09-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
I was with my girlfriend last night when I said, "Hey, how about a blow job?"

"My, that's awfully presumptuous of you," she said.

"My, 'presumptuous' is an awfully big word for a 12 year old"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:33 AM 10-09-2014

I'm gonna level with you sir, I am not a welder.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:31 AM 10-09-2014

See, SNR has it figured out. Besides that, you know why hand jobs are better from 12 year olds?

Small hands make your dick look bigger!
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:10 PM 10-12-2014
25. ChiefsCountry

This name is now the first one of the top 25. We're nearing the end of this thing, so if a borderline name hasn't been called yet, now is the time. After making two moderator selections in the last three picks, with one of them being a legend and central figure in the history of Chiefs Planet, the Listmaker has a lot of pressure on him going into the first selections of the Top 25.

This guy has some great numbers. He's got a join date of January 2004, so he's been a member for 10 years, and forum experience is something that this listmaker really values when making his picks. Nearly 29,000 posts, good for a 7.31 ppd average, and most of those posts were in football threads in tough and dicey discussions. He's a 7-time participant in the CP Mock Draft and draft master for two of those years. I was at those two drafts personally, and I saw some REALLY good OP updates that were prompt and accurate. That's a skill that not enough observers talk about, but I can assure you that listmakers everywhere are taking note of their background and success in that area. You've got a poster in PGM, an otherwise consistent lock for the top 20 getting picked much earlier, and it's probably due to his deficiencies in OP updating that had him dropping on a lot of boards.

That's a pretty damn good resume, but this guy isn't without a lot of question marks especially when he's being considered for the top 25. For one, his post lengths leave a lot to be desired. Compared to some posters like Sorter, OnTheWarpath58, and Direckshun who went before him, the length in his football posts is too brief too often with not enough detail. Good usage of stats to make his arguments, but hardly any follow-up analysis is ever provided. A solid career post rate and post count is always nice, but you also have to go back and watch the threads to see how successful you can be if you get in a back-and-forth with the guy. You see a volley of 1 or 2 points, then he disappears to let others make his arguments for him.

There also just isn't much flash to him. He's all about business, which can be good, because he sticks to the facts and not the factions, but there's never any humor. In the minds of a lot of fans of this top 101 countdown, that indicates a lack of burst, and could potentially lead to long periods of absence, where he gets tied down with his job or family and doesn't have time for Chiefs Planet. That's just fine if we're talking ranks 50, 60, or 70, but 25th? Taking a giant leap there.

That being said, if history is any indication, this is a classic listmaker pick. You can do worse than a solid and loyal long-time contributor who can help drive football talk and even dabble in the NBA, MLB, and NHL on the side. Even if it's a bit crazy to see him this high, it's definitely better late than never, I suppose.

With the 76th selection in the 2014 Top 101 CP Posters list, the Listmaker selects Chiefs Country, Drafturbator, somewhere in the Ozarks(?)
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 01:22 PM 10-12-2014
:-) Clever. I like what you did there.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:23 PM 10-12-2014
25. ChiefsCountry
Is this a roast, or a press guide blurb?
[Reply]
Page 77 of 160
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up