ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cast Iron Skillets. You dig them?
Fritz88 12:54 PM 11-08-2011

What's the best way to cook a burger at home, on a gas stove?

I heard that Cast Iron Skillets are the way to go.

Would you agree? Have you tried burgers on them?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:00 PM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
My mom and her siblings just finished going through my grandma's place to figure out what all they wanted to keep vs. wanted to sell... Mom snagged me her two OLD Griswold cast irons... I. Am. Stoked.
make some taco meat
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:04 PM 10-21-2013
New (old) cast iron. When my grandma passed, I got her cast iron. This one is a vintage Griswold. It's very clean, just gonna require a tiny bit of cleanup, but no rust and smooth as a baby's butt.

[Reply]
Saul Good 05:21 PM 10-21-2013
I just finished up eating dinner...a thick porterhouse that I baked on my cast iron skillet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:14 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
For seasoning, I still haven't done this, but according to Cook's Illustrated, this is the ultimate way to season a cast iron pan. It'll take some time, but you'll be rewarded.

From a recent edition of Cooks Illustrated (please pardon any typos - I had to re-type it from the magazine):
Bumping 'cause if I don't go to jail first, I'm going to need this. Soon-to-be ex-Mrs. FMB! washed my favorite cast iron skillet. Just a little soap in the sponge totally wrecked my 15-years of seasoning.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:29 PM 07-11-2014
Bumping 'cause if I don't go to jail first, I'm going to need this. Soon-to-be ex-Mrs. FMB! washed my favorite cast iron skillet. Just a little soap in the sponge totally wrecked my 15-years of seasoning.
Damn. Sleep on it before you decide whether or not to kill her, man. Sorry to hear about it.

When you get it back in shape, hook us up with some quesadillas, would you?
[Reply]
lewdog 01:28 PM 08-03-2014
FMB.

Summarize this thread and how I should go about seasoning my new bitch!
[Reply]
Buzz 01:36 PM 08-03-2014
If you bought it new, didn't it come pre-seasoned?
[Reply]
lewdog 01:40 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by Buzz:
It says it did but I think this thread stated to season it yourself anyway before using.

It's why I need FMB in here! :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:45 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by lewdog:
FMB.

Summarize this thread and how I should go about seasoning my new bitch!

Originally Posted by Buzz:

Originally Posted by lewdog:
It says it did but I think this thread stated to season it yourself anyway before using.

It's why I need FMB in here! :-)

Post 14 in this thread. My wife killed my seasoning on my favorite pan, staring over and that's what I've been doing.

Would recommend washing with soap and water first.
[Reply]
excessive 01:55 PM 08-03-2014
Post 14 in this thread. My wife killed my seasoning on my favorite pan, staring over and that's what I've been doing.

Would recommend washing with soap and water first.
I feel your pain. Had house guests while we went out of town, and I forgot to hide the cast iron. Came home and they are looking like shit. Found one in the dish drainer. Looks like it has been washed. Recovery under way.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:45 PM 08-03-2014
I scored big time on Cast Iron this week...will post photos later in week . 10 pieces total, all old BSR...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:12 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by excessive:
I feel your pain. Had house guests while we went out of town, and I forgot to hide the cast iron. Came home and they are looking like shit. Found one in the dish drainer. Looks like it has been washed. Recovery under way.
Ugh. Awful. I'd shiv someone if that happened.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:14 PM 08-03-2014
Ugh. Awful. I'd shiv someone if that happened.
:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:17 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I scored big time on Cast Iron this week...will post photos later in week . 10 pieces total, all old BSR...
I've got three old Griswolds I got when my grandmother passed. I love those pans. The only thing that would make the largest better is if it was a 12-inch (it's only 10"). But it's beautifully seasoned.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:20 PM 08-03-2014
Wife ended up buying a 12" cast iron today. Good choice I think

FMB, how does this raise my socioeconomic status?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up