ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 08-07-2020
So the final opt out number is...69...

That seems purposeful..
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:52 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes I really hate the Reiter Wylie pairing it seemed to get Mahomes injured atleast 3 times last year.
The Chiefs were Bottom 5 in sacks allowed.

Sometimes, shit just happens.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:26 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs were Bottom 5 in sacks allowed.

Sometimes, shit just happens.
Because Mahomes was a freaking super hero. The chance of him being able to do that again are not good. Defenses will adjust and bad luck just happens. It sucks that we lost 2 guys at the same position, which was one of our weakest.

Only OT would have been a worse opt-out than OG.

Niang has a lot of guts to opt-out right after he got drafted.

Just tired of having a shitty OL interior. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:36 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes I really hate the Reiter Wylie pairing it seemed to get Mahomes injured atleast 3 times last year.

Cam Erving caused most of the injuries.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Because Mahomes was a freaking super hero. The chance of him being able to do that again are not good. Defenses will adjust and bad luck just happens. It sucks that we lost 2 guys at the same position, which was one of our weakest.

Defenses will adjust? :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:39 PM 08-07-2020

The interior wasn’t bad though and Wylie, Reiter and Osemele doesn’t seem bad either, especially with Rankin and Remmers as depth.

I know this is a big surprise to you but not every position can be all-pro’s.
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:42 PM 08-07-2020

Truth...Mahomes makes this OL look SOOOO much better than it is. He is the anti-Elvis Grbac. His pocket awareness and escapability is hall of fame level.

Look at our running stats, and see how poor our G/C are.

Was hoping Niang was going to be an upgrade by mid season.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I wouldn't pencil is any rookies to start this year, outside of probably CEH out of necessity.

No offseason work was a crusher for rookies.
Who is our 3rd LB if Gay doesn’t start? Neimann and DOD are too small to be 3 down players.

Maybe Darius Harris? I mean he was basically redshirted so he doesn’t exactly have any more experience than a rookie.

Hard to think they won’t start Gay
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who is our 3rd LB if Gay doesn’t start? Neimann and DOD are too small to be 3 down players.

Maybe Darius Harris? I mean he was basically redshirted so he doesn’t exactly have any more experience than a rookie.

Hard to think they won’t start Gay
Eh....the Will doesn't have to be real big in this system.

Hitchens and Wilson both have the size/strength needed to play Mike/Sam - the Will can be more of a fast-twitch guy, provided that the DL holds the edge and the remaining backers do their jobs.

You also have fairly willing DBs in run support. If a fast Will can just force the RB into a decision point, everyone else can swarm.

I don't think bulk at Will is going to be the issue, honestly. It wouldn't hurt to have, but if Gay isn't up to speed mentally out of the box, I think we can survive. The real issue won't be size as much as savvy, IMO. DoD seems to be an idiot and Niemann doesn't diagnose as quickly as I'd like though recovers better than DoD because he's not shot out of a cannon everywhere.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:11 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Look at our running stats, and see how poor our G/C are.
wut
[Reply]
staylor26 03:29 PM 08-07-2020
I’m calling it now, Gay’s going to start. Just watch.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He should, the competition is minimal, I wouldn't be stunned if O'Daniel got the ax.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd say by week 4, no question.

Little more hesitant to say that over the first couple of weeks. But they may just toss his ass in the deep end, tell Pat to score a lot if he has to and go from there...
[Reply]
JakeF 05:31 PM 08-07-2020
I don't the Chiefs have much choice but to start Gay sooner rather than later. We need more speed and athletic ability in our LB corp.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:30 PM 08-07-2020
I don't the Chiefs have much choice but to start Gay sooner rather than later. We need more speed and athletic ability in our LB corp.
Yeah, even the casual fan could see that. They need Gay to excel and take the defense to the next level.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up