ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
jd1020 11:24 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At least I stopped giving a shit if MLB came back 2 months ago when they decided that they'd go to war over labor horseshit when they had the stage to themselves.

Good thing they put the season on pause for 4 months to accomplish...nothing.
Only thing that would put a cap on this shitshow of a season would be the not banned Astros winning it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Only thing that would put a cap on this shitshow of a season would be the not banned Astros winning it.
Can you imagine how awful this would be if you were actually EXCITED for your squad?

Like, Reds fans really thought they were building something. And maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but ya ain't learning shit this year. Or the Yankees who are finally churning out some homegrown talent again w/ Torres and Judge and Sanchez and aggressively grabbed the guy who should've won the CY last year and seemed poised break their drought. Even if they do now, it'll have an asterisk. Rebuilding teams could have seen young players develop and ponder on the future. There are a lot of teams that had fun stuff to look forward to and now none of it means dick.

Fortunately, as a Cardinals fan I'm just marking time for 6 years in the hopes that someday we won't have Goldschmidt, Carpenter, Fowler and Molina on this squad anymore. Sadly, we almost certainly will. Or they'll be replaced with other aging and unproductive roster fodder that our front office will refuse to get rid of.

I had very little excitement for this season BEFORE it went off the rails. Especially coming off a SB run in football and SC in hockey. I had teams that had plans and built things and won around talented young players and big-time energy.

Then...I had the Cardinals. And their old balls. And bitchy attitudes.

Hurray....baseball is back. And it sucks. And I don't really care because it was going to suck anyway.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:38 AM 08-07-2020
Can you imagine how awful this would be if you were actually EXCITED for your squad?

Like, Reds fans really thought they were building something. And maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but ya ain't learning shit this year. Or the Yankees who are finally churning out some homegrown talent again w/ Torres and Judge and Sanchez and aggressively grabbed the guy who should've won the CY last year and seemed poised break their drought. Even if they do now, it'll have an asterisk. Rebuilding teams could have seen young players develop and ponder on the future. There are a lot of teams that had fun stuff to look forward to and now none of it means dick.

Fortunately, as a Cardinals fan I'm just marking time for 6 years in the hopes that someday we won't have Goldschmidt, Carpenter, Fowler and Molina on this squad anymore. Sadly, we almost certainly will. Or they'll be replaced with other aging and unproductive roster fodder that our front office will refuse to get rid of.

I had very little excitement for this season BEFORE it went off the rails. Especially coming off a SB run in football and SC in hockey. I had teams that had plans and built things and won around talented young players and big-time energy.

Hurray....baseball is back. And it sucks. And I don't really care because it was going to suck anyway.
I'm actually enjoying the hell out of the Royals season. When you have zero expecations going into a season its nice. We are actually seeing our young gun pitching prospects. If this was a normal 162 season they would have signed some broke dick veterans who we all would have been pissed about.
[Reply]
tk13 12:16 PM 08-07-2020

This is why I'm worried about football. We're literally going into the greatest time ever to be a Chiefs fan and we have to hope NFL players make smart decisions and don't turn the whole season into a farce.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:34 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
More positive tests from the Cardinals postponing the Cubs vs Cardinals series.

Can you guys get your shit together?

Holy shit.

When is the last game they played?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:16 PM 08-07-2020
Either play though it or just put this shit show out of it's misery. The actual chance this had to be a short legit season is long gone now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:49 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Holy shit.

When is the last game they played?
2 weeks ago yet somehow.......
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:53 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Either play though it or just put this shit show out of it's misery. The actual chance this had to be a short legit season is long gone now.
How they are handling this is beyond fucking stupid. Just call it done if you are going to flip your shit every time a positive test shows up.

Also it makes NO SENSE how they are handling this shit unless they are random testing players instead of testing them all at once.

Today's positive response was to do more testing to see if its wide spread. Didn't they all get fucking tested at the same time to begin with FFS?

Our freaking production facility in BFE Missouri apparently knows how to deal with and handle this shit better than MLB.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:41 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
2 weeks ago yet somehow.......

That’s going to be a lot of doubleheader’s.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:02 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How they are handling this is beyond fucking stupid. Just call it done if you are going to flip your shit every time a positive test shows up.

Also it makes NO SENSE how they are handling this shit unless they are random testing players instead of testing them all at once.

Today's positive response was to do more testing to see if its wide spread. Didn't they all get fucking tested at the same time to begin with FFS?

Our freaking production facility in BFE Missouri apparently knows how to deal with and handle this shit better than MLB.
I agree. They KNEW when they started the season outbreaks would happen. It's a fucking joke.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:46 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s going to be a lot of doubleheader’s.
55 games in 49 days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I agree. They KNEW when they started the season outbreaks would happen. It's a ****ing joke.
why start without a plan when covid hits a team? Did you think it would be isolated? We will just play a double header and make it up? No plan to enforce players following the damn rules? This is just a total shit show. Well done baseball. :-)
[Reply]
Jerok 05:54 PM 08-07-2020
What happens in the NFL when the Jets are 0-10, the Giants are 2-8, the Raiders are 3-7, the Bengals are 2-8, etc etc etc. All those players are going to stop giving a crap about the season and are going to go out and visit strip clubs and go to parties. Why would they care?

Then some 8-2 Superbowl contendor will be forced to not play a game because Sam Darnold has Covid-19 and the kissing disease. And the bad players will all start opting out, Covid-19 will skyrocket in the NFL, and the Chiefs season might end because other moron teams, even if KC does everything 100% right.

Pisses me off thinking about it.
[Reply]
tk13 06:36 PM 08-07-2020
Not good. Now they're going to have to watch to see if these cases spread at all.

MLB officially announces postponement of Cubs-Cardinals series and says two additional STL players and a staff member have tested positive in samples collected the past two days. Brings total of positive tests with club to 16 - nine players, seven staffers.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 8, 2020

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:38 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
What happens in the NFL when the Jets are 0-10, the Giants are 2-8, the Raiders are 3-7, the Bengals are 2-8, etc etc etc. All those players are going to stop giving a crap about the season and are going to go out and visit strip clubs and go to parties. Why would they care?

Then some 8-2 Superbowl contendor will be forced to not play a game because Sam Darnold has Covid-19 and the kissing disease. And the bad players will all start opting out, Covid-19 will skyrocket in the NFL, and the Chiefs season might end because other moron teams, even if KC does everything 100% right.

Pisses me off thinking about it.
Uh the last day that a player can opt-out has came and went.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up