ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>First Rock & Roll concert you ever saw?
BigRedChief 01:33 AM 07-19-2020
Share whatever you want of the milestone

Oct. 2nd 1974. The New York Dolls and Lynyrd Skynyrd in Springfield, Missouri in what Was a bowling alley but I think it’s a Church now on Glenstone. Not too far from chestnut expressway. They both blew my mind. Opened up possibilities.
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:57 PM 07-19-2020
Bob Dylan in Sioux Falls in probably 2007 or 2008. I love Dylan, but probably wouldn’t go to another concert of his again unless someone gifted me the tickets.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Bob Dylan in Sioux Falls in probably 2007 or 2008. I love Dylan, but probably wouldn’t go to another concert of his again unless someone gifted me the tickets.
Saw him with the Grateful Dead in a San Francisco golden gate park festival thing. Wasn’t impressed by either one.
[Reply]
eDave 10:15 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Saw him with the Grateful Dead in a San Francisco golden gate park festival thing. Wasn’t impressed by either one.
Saw him at Desert Trip a few years ago. He opened the festival. It was boring but the perfect act while everyone arrived, got settled in, and got to know their neighbors.

Then the Stones rocked that joint down. I've never seen anything like the Roling Stones at Desert Trip and 80K fans rocking and dancing their asses off. Such a great festival.

Dylan, Stones, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, The Who, Roger Waters.

So, we are driving back from Indio and they had the checkpoint open shortly after you enter AZ. On the side of the road as we got closer to exiting off to the checkpoint was soooooo many drugs tossed out of everyones window. Soooo many drugs it was unbelievable.

Dylan wouldn't allow them to film him for the mega screens so they had to play an older concert video of him, in black and white.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:38 PM 07-19-2020
Recently saw a Dylan documentary about the Rolling Thunder Revue shows he did around '74. At the end of the film along with credits there was a scroll of his tour itineraries from that time until today. It was astonishing, that amount of traveling and performing, probably thousands of shows during non-stop touring all over the world. He's probably spent more time riding in a plane than any living person.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:58 PM 07-19-2020
First real rock concert, as opposed to just some sort of live music, was ZZ Top. Must have been late 70s.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:15 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
When I saw him I was gifted the ticket, and it didn't help. Holy shit he was terrible. And that was 30 years ago.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:20 AM 07-20-2020
Wasp Stryper Ratt /all of chiefsplanet
[Reply]
eDave 02:43 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Never heard a single song from Wasp or Stryper as far as I can recollect. And I was kinda drug to Ratt because my friend invited me.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:37 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Hells yea!

Bon Jovi with Skid Row for me.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:02 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I have a friend who has a skynard Street Surviors album with the flames.
It has not been opened. His parents owned a store that sold records in small town kansas in the 70's and 80's.
The US pressing is very rare, they only were on the market for 3 weeks and it could be worth $100 to $300. However, all through the 80's I sold the UK pressing in my record store in Georgia for $9.98, I imported them for $3 a copy all day long. I wish I had a few dozen around now, but I don't. I Probably sold a box of those a week in my store for years. The British never changed the album cover and I sold a lot of imports. My best sellers on vinyl, was UK Street Survivors and Iron Maiden Piece of Mind picture disc, it was actually a US Capitol release but had the bonus track "Cross-Eyed Mary", the Jethro Tull cover and was probably the best cut on the album.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:09 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Gary Moore must have been glorious.
Gary Moore I saw before he went to the blues and still rocked, he was touring for the Cooridors of Power album in 1984. He opened for Krokus, who was doing Headhunter and Def Leppard who was touring Pyromania, it was the loudest concert I have ever heard. My head was messed up for 3 days afterwards.

Gary Moore had a great long track on that album called End of the World. On the record Jack Bruce of Cream, sang the vocals, but of course he's not going to tour with Gary to sing one song. Gary sang the track and it was the highlight of his show, about 40 minute show and that song was about 9 minutes and he really rocked. Here's the album version.

[Reply]
Renegade 09:21 AM 07-20-2020
4-17-84 Billy Joel Kemper Arena. Played 3 hours by himself, no warm up band. Still ranks in top 3 for me.

Worst one ever-- Willie Nelson New Years Eve. Only time I ever left a concert early
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 AM 07-20-2020
Starland Vocal Band, Great Adventure in Jackson NJ around 1975 or 1976.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:44 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Starland Vocal Band, Great Adventure in Jackson NJ around 1975 or 1976.

[Reply]
SuperChief 09:45 AM 07-20-2020
We're pretty fortunate so many good acts come through KC. I grew up in north central KS, and it was always a treat to be able to take the 2 hour jaunt to KC to see some huge bands at Sandstone. When Lollapalooza toured with Jane's Addiciton, Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, Incubus, etc. - my erection lasted longer than 4 hours that day.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up