ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2798 of 3903
« First < 1798229826982748278827942795279627972798 279928002801280228082848289832983798 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the thing that sucks the most about all of this (obviously aside from people who become seriously ill) is just not really ever knowing what the appropriate level of risk aversion is. A friend of mine died a couple of weeks ago, and the funeral was inside at a funeral home. Ostensibly they were following the social distancing guidelines (and masks were required), but there's no way in hell that I was 6 feet away from people. Should I have just skipped my friend's funeral?

Last night, I suddenly developed a pretty severe sore throat. Today, I've got some nasal drainage and a mild cough. My wife and I are going camping this weekend, which will require stopping at some gas stations, and we were hoping to find a sports bar with a patio somewhere that we could watch the Avs game tomorrow. But should I just call off our entire weekend because of some mild symptoms that vaguely COULD be COVID?

It just sucks never really knowing what the right answer is.
If you have no way to rapid test then IMO, unfortunately, yes. What would you tell someone who presented that scenario to you?

As far as the funeral goes, if you felt you needed to be there then that's where you should have been. Paying respects to your friend and his survivors (including you) should help with the grieving process. Sorry for your loss.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:41 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I agree 100%. It has made navigating work the past months very difficult. The symptoms to look out for now are so broad that it feels impossible to know what the right answer is.

Do you have someplace nearby that can offer you a rapid test?
I filled out the form for a COVID consult with my provider, and it said my symptoms didn't warrant a test.
[Reply]
Donger 03:52 PM 08-07-2020
For the Colorado CPers primarily:

[Reply]
sedated 04:02 PM 08-07-2020
I filled out the form for a COVID consult with my provider, and it said my symptoms didn't warrant a test.
That's a big part of the problem. That's been told to others who ended up having it.

Testing is so key with this one, while you may never have anything more than a sore throat, someone else could end up in the hospital.

Or it could just be a sore throat.
[Reply]
Donger 04:13 PM 08-07-2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/hawa...s-surging.html

Hawaii reinstates coronavirus restrictions: ‘There’s no question that the virus is surging’
[Reply]
Monticore 04:17 PM 08-07-2020
Ask them what would warrant a test and tell them you have that as well
[Reply]
jdubya 04:56 PM 08-07-2020
I think the thing that sucks the most about all of this (obviously aside from people who become seriously ill) is just not really ever knowing what the appropriate level of risk aversion is. A friend of mine died a couple of weeks ago, and the funeral was inside at a funeral home. Ostensibly they were following the social distancing guidelines (and masks were required), but there's no way in hell that I was 6 feet away from people. Should I have just skipped my friend's funeral?

Last night, I suddenly developed a pretty severe sore throat. Today, I've got some nasal drainage and a mild cough. My wife and I are going camping this weekend, which will require stopping at some gas stations, and we were hoping to find a sports bar with a patio somewhere that we could watch the Avs game tomorrow. But should I just call off our entire weekend because of some mild symptoms that vaguely COULD be COVID?

It just sucks never really knowing what the right answer is.
If you feel well enough to travel, why not go? Whether you have allergies, Covid, the flu or Strep......you can take precautions to protect others. If you are traveling with susceptiple/fragile folks, then I`d stay home regardless of covid or not.

PS: Take Donger with you......he is Jonesing to get out of the house again and has a road trip game called "100 questions". Yall will have a blast :-)
[Reply]
jdubya 04:58 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/hawa...s-surging.html

Hawaii reinstates coronavirus restrictions: ‘There’s no question that the virus is surging’
I didnt realize Hawaii ever let up on restrictions. I know incoming flights have required 14 day quarantines since nearly the beginning of all this.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:41 PM 08-07-2020
Just got off the phone with a friend that lives there. Their current strategy requires they can't allow travel back in...they are stuck.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:58 PM 08-07-2020
I agree 100%. It has made navigating work the past months very difficult. The symptoms to look out for now are so broad that it feels impossible to know what the right answer is.

I get it. I had my first child in March and neither of my parents have met him yet because both of my parents live out of state. We've decided not to take any risks with our child since so little is known of the long term effects.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:12 PM 08-07-2020

[Reply]
petegz28 06:45 PM 08-07-2020

Thought we would come in better today but late reporting is pushing things. Still looks to be less than last Friday but was hoping for a little better. Texas and CA still fucking it all up and FL too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:03 AM 08-08-2020
Covid-19 is a terrible disease, and the primary goal should be to minimise deaths. How is this done? The key is age. The risk of Covid-19 mortality varies more than a thousandfold between the oldest and youngest members of society.

The pandemic will not be over until we reach herd immunity, either through a vaccine or through natural infections. Herd immunity is not a strategy but a proven scientific phenomenon, and to deny that is as silly as denying gravity. With the right strategy, we can even use it to save lives.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ainst-covid-19
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:20 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
If you feel well enough to travel, why not go? Whether you have allergies, Covid, the flu or Strep......you can take precautions to protect others. If you are traveling with susceptiple/fragile folks, then I`d stay home regardless of covid or not.

PS: Take Donger with you......he is Jonesing to get out of the house again and has a road trip game called "100 questions". Yall will have a blast :-)
:-) I like Donger but there's no way in hell I'd go on a road trip with him. I wonder if his conversations with his wife go the same way.

Mrs Donger: What would you like for dinner tonight?

Donger: What do you mean?
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:21 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Just got off the phone with a friend that lives there. Their current strategy requires they can't allow travel back in...they are stuck.
Travel restrictions should have been a thing from Day 1.
[Reply]
Page 2798 of 3903
« First < 1798229826982748278827942795279627972798 279928002801280228082848289832983798 > Last »
Up