ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 40
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:18 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But the Ozuna decision was made independently of the Fowler one. Would I rather have Ozuna than Fowler? Of course. I'd rather have YOU than Fowler. But Fowler didn't ultimately enter into the calculus on the Ozuna decision. He's there. He's getting his starts. Full stop.
Fowler needs to go but, that aint happening. Dead horse indeed. :-)
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So it came down to Ozuna vs. O'Neill and really you're probably talking about a wash there.
O'Neill has looked a lot better. I've seen all of his AB's. He has for the most part, been laying off the slider in the dirt or outside that he was a sucker for last year. It still happens but at an acceptable rate. He could be a 25-30 homer guy this year. You don't sit those players on the bench.

Bader is still swinging at those sliders that are so far outside that they are in the opposite batting box. The dude has speed but no arm and if he cant lay off that slider, he's not an everyday MLB player.

Looks like the opening in the outfield is going to be CF. Can Carlson play CF?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fowler needs to go but, that aint happening. Dead horse indeed. :-)O'Neill has looked a lot better. I've seen all of his AB's. He's laying off the slider in the dirt or outside that he was a sucker for last year. It still happens but at an acceptable rate. He could be a 25-30 homer guy this year. You don't sit those players on the bench.

Bader is still swinging at those sliders that are so far outside that they are in the opposite batting box. The dude has speed but no arm and if he cant lay off that slider, he's not an everyday MLB player.

Bader is a PURE guess hitter right now. I mean it's clear as day.

Throw him a hanging breaker down the middle and he may just take it for a strike. Bury the next one in the dirt and he'll swing through it. And he's not just guessing pitch-type, he's guessing location as well. Throw him a first pitch fastball that's down and in and he'll swing over it because he was expecting it up.

He looks like Grichuk looked for a bit there when he was completely lost. He's not seeing anything, he's not recognizing anything and I'll be completely honest, I'm not sure he's even trying to.

I think he's going up there and before every pitch is delivered he's thinking "Okay, he's gonna throw me a ball, so I'm gonna take..." or "Okay, this is going to be a slider in, so I'm gonna swing" and if he manages to defy the odds and guess both pitch and location, he'll hit it.

He's a MFing mess at the plate. I mean if nothing else, just decide you're a fastball hitter. Go up there hunting fastballs and the very damn instant you see one in the zone, take a hack at it. But he's taken a little over half the fastballs in the zone he's seen for strikes thus far. He's caught in a rocking chair for every single pitch.

He needs to sit. His attitude regarding his hitting has been dogshit for 2 years. He refuses to utilize advanced approaches, he's been unreceptive to coaching and bristles at criticism. That guy got himself a fan club and believed he'd 'arrived' and didn't need to develop anymore. He believed he was better than he was, his development cratered and now he's an offensive liability because of his own piss-poor attitude.

Lane Thomas has earned an opportunity to take that job from Bader. Succeed or fail, he's earned the shot.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:24 PM 07-29-2020

Shildt should tell Bader the next time I want you to hit the ball either up the middle or the other way. Every time you don’t do that I’m going to pull you until you get it through your head.

The other day the entire infield other than first base was on the short stop side of second base with runners in scoring position. The hole was gigantic and he still was pulling off the ball even though the Pirate pitcher was throwing pitches on the outer third tailor made to take it the other way. At this point it just seems like he is either too stubborn or stupid to change. One way to find out would be immediate behavior modification.

He is what you want out there defensively. Thomas might be okay, I don’t see Carlson as an everyday CF, but that is with limited observation.

Bader has plenty strong enough arm for center field.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/...95-1-mph-throw
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:56 PM 07-29-2020
Good to see Marp is in mid season form. Struck out swinging a year late on a change up. Dude may as well have walked the ball to the plate.

Offense is complete trash again and striking out like they get paid for it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:59 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Good to see Marp is in mid season form. Struck out swinging a year late on a change up. Dude may as well have walked the ball to the plate.

Offense is complete trash again and striking out like they get paid for it.
Every one of these assholes is up there guessing, and every starting pitcher besides Flaherty sucks dick. Waited forever for baseball to come back and I’m tired of it after 5 fucking games.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 PM 07-29-2020

#Cardinals offense is searching for a spark. Wait until you read in tomorrow's @StlToday how Dylan Carlson hit a ball over the wall today off Genesis Cabrera down in Springfield. #Spoiler

— Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) July 30, 2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:46 AM 07-30-2020
This is likely a throw away season, may as well evaluate the talent and let the youngsters get some experience.

I'm trying to take the approach that this is the ideal season to suck so I don't keep getting pissed off.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:48 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Every one of these assholes is up there guessing, and every starting pitcher besides Flaherty sucks dick. Waited forever for baseball to come back and I’m tired of it after 5 ****ing games.
HTF do you get caught swinging so late on a 80mph pitch? What the fuck was Marp "guessing" was coming? A 70mph change up?

I can't wait for that turd and Fowler to be flushed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:32 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is likely a throw away season, may as well evaluate the talent and let the youngsters get some experience.

I'm trying to take the approach that this is the ideal season to suck so I don't keep getting pissed off.
Yeah, I'm there too but we know who Fowler and Carp are. Thats not changing this year. Maybe Mo will surprise us but I seriously doubt that day will ever come.

Bader cant hit breaking balls. How are you suppose to be a MLB starter and cant hit a breaking ball? The data is clear for anyone to see. 1300+ breaking balls seen at the MLB level isn't a small sample size.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 07-30-2020
Luis Robert - he's pretty good. Think he could've beat out ol' Bader Tots?

Cardinals didn't want to sign him because "If he's good, we'll just have to pay him again..."

I hate this franchise, man. They're just complete assholes and they think we're all really stupid.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 PM 07-30-2020

Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have agreed to stage seven-inning doubleheaders starting Aug. 1, sources familiar with the situation tell ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 30, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:00 AM 07-31-2020
Sounds like someone caught the COVID
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:35 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Sounds like someone caught the COVID
Supposedly Martinez was one. Anecdotal social media posts say they spotted him out and about living large. Who knows if it’s the truth? People are piling on Martinez these days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 08-07-2020
They are back on the field tonight against the Cubs, With the 5 days locked into hotel rooms, not playing in a week, Molina and Dejong out its not looking good for us this weekend.

Last time we saw the Cubs we didn't just sweep a 4 game series from them but smoked them bad, knocked them out of the playoffs. I'd say they are looking for some payback.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:23 PM 08-07-2020
They are back on the field tonight against the Cubs, With the 5 days locked into hotel rooms, not playing in a week, Molina and Dejong out its not looking good for us this weekend.

Last time we saw the Cubs we didn't just sweep a 4 game series from them but smoked them bad, knocked them out of the playoffs. I'd say they are looking for some payback.
No, they aren’t.

Game today is postponed.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 40
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up