ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1894 of 2683
« First < 894139417941844188418901891189218931894 18951896189718981904194419942394 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What made what Veach (and really Dorsey) did so impressive was the anticipation and feel for the draft.

Those of us on the forum that really liked Mahomes STILL thought he was going to go early 20s at worst. If most of us (admittedly not all) were running the draft, we'd have seen him go 12 to the Saints and ended up doing what the Texans did and moved up for Watson. It would've caught us flat-footed. I think I was targeting around 18 as the landing spot we'd have to get to to snag him - I would've missed out on him.

Where the Chiefs deserve a TON of credit is having a perfect feel for that draft and going up exactly as high as they needed to go to get their guy.

It really was a masterstroke by the front office as a whole. Veach did a fantastic job working with the agents to keep their interest largely under wraps and Dorsey did incredible work spying out the draft and getting where he needed to be to make the pick.

This wasn't drafting Brady in the 6th and stumbling into a HoFer through blind, dumb luck. This was just perfect handling of the scouting and drafting process to get a guy that has fundamentally altered the trajectory of the franchise.

Just spectacular stuff.
Was just talking to a buddy about this the other day.

It’s a weird place for me as a chiefs fan. I’m basically at the point where I give this current administration full leeway and don’t question anything. Right or wrong, just the way I feel. If they do something I wouldn’t have I basically just change what I would have done to what they did and move along

It’s pretty awesome.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:48 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Whoa.

Pat Mahomes. Motley Crue. Rocket Chairs. Fuckin' sensory overload.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:22 AM 08-07-2020
This is me every time I see Mahomes in Chiefs red, or actually, just in general. I'm not afraid of my feelings

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whoa.

via GIPHY

Kickstart my Heart is responsible for 2 of my speeding tickets.

18 year old me would crank that shit and suddenly be passing people on the shoulder going 90 mph without even considering it.

Nikki Sixx can right a !@#$ing rock song, man. He formed Sixx A.M. and even THOSE guys were good. If I were a relief pitcher, "This is gonna hurt" would unquestionably be my walk-in music.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:36 AM 08-07-2020
Whoa.

via GIPHY

Mahomes needs to star in a cheesy dystopian cyberpunk film about a sports star transforming culture.

He takes out the bad guy with a rocket football.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 08-07-2020
My wife and two of her friends were sitting front row at Motley Crue and Aerosmith in stl a decade ago. After motley got some tommy lee came out on stage during Aerosmith with a bottle of yaeger and handed it down to them then pulled them on stage and they went backstage With the the bands. Now in the old days that would be worrisome for me as a boyfriend at the time but they’re old now so she said she talked to Nikki about the heroin diaries he wrote and how her dad (a member here who I won’t out) is obsessed woth them and has saw them in concert I believe 14 times?

Anyway my cool story of the day
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:00 AM 08-07-2020

18 year old me would crank that shit and suddenly be passing people on the shoulder going 90 mph without even considering it.

Nikki Sixx can right a !@#$ing rock song, man. He formed Sixx A.M. and even THOSE guys were good. If I were a relief pitcher, "This is gonna hurt" would unquestionably be my walk-in music.
18 y/o you?

I guess one of us hasn't grown up yet...

Hell, i was cranking my 80's Hairband playlist just yesterday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:15 AM 08-07-2020
18 y/o you?

I guess one of us hasn't grown up yet...

Hell, i was cranking my 80's Hairband playlist just yesterday.
Oh I'll still crank it. I just don't try to kill myself in the car anymore.

Speeding tickets are expensive and radar adaptive cruise keeps me from being a raging dickhole in a large pickup on the highway anymore. Set it at 9 over and just go about my day - hairbands or no.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:26 AM 08-07-2020
What made what Veach (and really Dorsey) did so impressive was the anticipation and feel for the draft.

Those of us on the forum that really liked Mahomes STILL thought he was going to go early 20s at worst. If most of us (admittedly not all) were running the draft, we'd have seen him go 12 to the Saints and ended up doing what the Texans did and moved up for Watson. It would've caught us flat-footed. I think I was targeting around 18 as the landing spot we'd have to get to to snag him - I would've missed out on him.

Where the Chiefs deserve a TON of credit is having a perfect feel for that draft and going up exactly as high as they needed to go to get their guy.

It really was a masterstroke by the front office as a whole. Veach did a fantastic job working with the agents to keep their interest largely under wraps and Dorsey did incredible work spying out the draft and getting where he needed to be to make the pick.

This wasn't drafting Brady in the 6th and stumbling into a HoFer through blind, dumb luck. This was just perfect handling of the scouting and drafting process to get a guy that has fundamentally altered the trajectory of the franchise.

Just spectacular stuff.
Not nearly enough credit is given to whoever the secret informants were. I'm assuming that Pats agent had to play a massive role in it, telling bad teams there was not interest and probably only keeping teams with quality coaches like the chiefs and saints truly in the loop of things.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:58 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Not nearly enough credit is given to whoever the secret informants were. I'm assuming that Pats agent had to play a massive role in it, telling bad teams there was not interest and probably only keeping teams with quality coaches like the chiefs and saints truly in the loop of things.
Would be hilarious if they purposefully kept BOB in the dark.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM 08-07-2020

Sixx A.M. is a very good band, that's some stuff people should get into.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:49 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My wife and two of her friends were sitting front row at Motley Crue and Aerosmith in stl a decade ago. After motley got some tommy lee came out on stage during Aerosmith with a bottle of yaeger and handed it down to them then pulled them on stage and they went backstage With the the bands. Now in the old days that would be worrisome for me as a boyfriend at the time but they’re old now so she said she talked to Nikki about the heroin diaries he wrote and how her dad (a member here who I won’t out) is obsessed woth them and has saw them in concert I believe 14 times?

Anyway my cool story of the day
So your wife was given alcohol by Motley Crue and then taken backstage? You're probably right. I'm sure that it was a very proper and interesting conversation that in no way involved being bent over an amplifier.

But if anything happened, it was probably her friends, though. Do her friends have trouble making eye contact with each other now?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:16 AM 08-08-2020

Founded by @PatrickMahomes, @15andMahomies focuses on improving lives of children by supporting initiatives that focus on health, wellness, communities in need of resources & other charitable causes. Learn more: https://t.co/oG7f3Pv61E#ChiefsKingdom #PlayerFoundationSpotlight pic.twitter.com/fHFOGkhaT3

— NFL Foundation (@NFLFoundation) August 7, 2020

[Reply]
Dante84 01:23 AM 08-08-2020

Just spectacular stuff.
Didn’t hurt that Veach had an inside track because of his relationship with Mahomes agency.... Chris something, under Steinberg. I firmly believe those two colluded to make it happen.
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 02:33 PM 08-08-2020

Just spectacular stuff.
Much credit to the Chiefs brass and Coach Reid for the trade up. I swear I hope was hoping the Saints would take Pat, but I don’t regret us ending up with Lattimore lol.
[Reply]
Page 1894 of 2683
« First < 894139417941844188418901891189218931894 18951896189718981904194419942394 > Last »
Up