ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:24 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Is Eric Fisher some guy that can't be improved on or something? The Chiefs entire line was shuffled around and/or missing. It wasn't just missing Fisher, who has his fair share of issues from time to time and got absolutely embarrassed in last years SB, that was reason for the OL failure.
I would be find if the Chiefs decided to upgrade the left tackle position but i doubt they will, so keeping Fisher is probably our best get. We'll be lucky if Andy upgrades the offensive line at all. We don't know if Schwartz is going to be back next year either.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:35 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
In RE: to Niang: My alternate theory was he opted out because he wasn't totally healthy, probably wasn't going to play, so he may have been "encouraged" to opt out so that the Chiefs get the benefit of the extra year.

Niang gets to earn his small salary while getting healthy and not having to deal with the rigors of the season, and will still have his full rookie deal (i.e. the total time to actually play v. losing one year for health), Chiefs get their player for the full deal, healthy and ready, and no lost time due to the injury....

Just a theory....
I'm pretty sure that's precisely what happened and have noted it previously many times.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up