ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
KC_Lee 08:43 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Setting up Kong to be the good guy. So...
Originally Posted by Kman34:
So... Godzilla is the bad guy?? Not sure I like that...
Some of the lines from the trailer about Godzilla attacking for no good reason lead me to believe that Godzilla is being controlled by someone or something else. Think the original Toho movie plot from "Destroy All Monsters" circa 1968. Would be a nice way to tie this film to a classic Toho film other than Kong vs. Godzilla (1962).

Going to go out on a limb and say we see a mecha-Gidorah in this film as the eventual baddie that Kong & Godzilla have to team up against.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 01-25-2021
It's really not a secret anymore as they've released a line of toys that spoiled the whole thing (plus a major plot leak that's been out for like a year now), but, yeah, it's MechaGodzilla. In the first few seconds as people are running away, you can slightly see a glowing red monster causing the destruction. Also, at one point there's a guy talking in front of a computer screen that shows schematics that look like Big G and it says "MAXIMUM POWER" or something.

This will almost assuredly be a Batman v Superman situation where they end up teaming up to fight the bigger baddie, but the director did say there will be a definitive winner in the fight between Godzilla and Kong.

Either way, im excited.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:05 AM 01-25-2021
And in case you didn't notice, Kong is wielding an axe made from one of Godzilla's tail spikes :-)

This is going to be fucking awesome.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:23 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
And in case you didn't notice, Kong is wielding an axe made from one of Godzilla's tail spikes :-)

This is going to be ****ing awesome.
I saw where Kong had a weapon but couldn't make it out. Great catch and thanks for the info.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:07 AM 01-25-2021
Dang I wish I could see this in imax
[Reply]
Valiant 02:11 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Dang I wish I could see this in imax
Should be able to.

I like how they ret conned Kong in making him Godzilla size.

Should be glorious.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:23 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Should be able to.

I like how they ret conned Kong in making him Godzilla size.

Should be glorious.
In Kong: Skull Island John C Reilly mentioned that Kong was still growing. That took place shortly after Nam, I believe, so he's had nearly 50 years to grow since that flick.
[Reply]
Otter 09:47 AM 01-25-2021
That's a very stable cargo ship.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:32 AM 01-26-2021
Spoiler alert

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:42 AM 01-26-2021
Good trailer breakdown here.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:53 AM 01-26-2021

[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:00 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-):-):-):-):-)

Well done...Bravo....:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Valiant 02:57 PM 01-26-2021
I love these movies so much for popcorn flix movies. Now I just a newer generation of shaw scope kung fu movies. They would be amazing with today's technology.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:31 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I love these movies so much for popcorn flix movies. Now I just a newer generation of shaw scope kung fu movies. They would be amazing with today's technology.
Yup.

I'll watch in the theater....
[Reply]
Fish 04:27 PM 01-26-2021

[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up