ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 42
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:44 PM 11-15-2017
Max's brother was one of the most authentic characters on the show for me. I grew up across the street from that guy. Even if his character goes nowhere, his addition further legitimized the period, imo.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:48 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's no excuse. He's a racist who tried to run down kids in his car (fucked up even if he was just fucking around). He also damn near killed Steve punching him after he was concussed. Even with the abusive father, he's a piece of shit who had no purpose season 2 and has no redemptive features for season 3.
Posted via Mobile Device

It’s not an excuse, it’s an explanation. People deal with trauma differently.

To be realistic, he wasn’t going to run the boys over. Also, the show is set in the 80s. They weren’t as cognizant of the effects of head trauma quite like we do today. Not to mention, from Billy’s point of view that situation was sketch as all hell. He shows up to a strangers house where he finds a 17 year old dude holed up with his little sister and then he lies about it. That’s grounds for an ass whooping, IMO.

Anyway, it’s not hard to understand and perhaps empathize with a teenager who lashes out in anger after being physically and verbally abused, forced to move from California to fucking Indiana, and play big brother/babysitter to a step-sibling.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:29 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just finished it. I liked the last 2 episodes and overall the season was good too. I don't think they need to do or should do a 3rd season though.

BTW...what the hell was the point of the over the top bully character? Max's brother. He literally had nothing to do with the story other than being an over the top douche in every scene he was in.
Posted via Mobile Device
They didn't even need to make a second season but obviously the hype train/money ball had to keep rolling. If they had just called a quits after season 1 and said "we set out to make a story and finished it" it would have been great, if not better.

Season 2 was just fan service that retreaded on most of the same story beats as Season 1, with an added bonus of the horrendous Episode 7 where they try to hint at a spinoff series that no one wants. I had actually hoped that they were going to do something like True Detective where it's a completely different cast/location and maybe the original characters only cameo at some point, but it looks like they went with following the same formula with the same characters: "We need to save Will... AGAIN", "we need to close what's under the facility.. AGAIN", "mom needs to chart out what Will is trying to say and look like a crazy person.. AGAIN", "there's going to be a new bully to take on Steve's original role and pick on the kids.. AGAIN", "Jonathan & Nancy need to go off and do their own stupid investigation that is ultimately kind of worthless.. AGAIN", "Eleven needs to show up at the end and save everyone's ass deus ex machina style.. AGAIN".
[Reply]
vailpass 02:58 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
They didn't even need to make a second season but obviously the hype train/money ball had to keep rolling. If they had just called a quits after season 1 and said "we set out to make a story and finished it" it would have been great, if not better.

Season 2 was just fan service that retreaded on most of the same story beats as Season 1, with an added bonus of the horrendous Episode 7 where they try to hint at a spinoff series that no one wants. I had actually hoped that they were going to do something like True Detective where it's a completely different cast/location and maybe the original characters only cameo at some point, but it looks like they went with following the same formula with the same characters: "We need to save Will... AGAIN", "we need to close what's under the facility.. AGAIN", "mom needs to chart out what Will is trying to say and look like a crazy person.. AGAIN", "there's going to be a new bully to take on Steve's original role and pick on the kids.. AGAIN", "Jonathan & Nancy need to go off and do their own stupid investigation that is ultimately kind of worthless.. AGAIN", "Eleven needs to show up at the end and save everyone's ass deus ex machina style.. AGAIN".
You seem like a lot of fun.
Shut the fuck up, it's a TV show that people like to watch.
[Reply]
-King- 04:07 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Get out of here with that stupid shit.
What exactly am I wrong about?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:06 PM 11-15-2017
You seem like a lot of fun.
Shut the **** up, it's a TV show that people like to watch.
a lot people like to watch Glee too but that doesn't mean it's totally shit. Not a single rebuttal to any one of my points? That's fine if you're completely incapable of critical thinking, how about **** your own sheep opinion
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:40 PM 11-15-2017
a lot people like to watch Glee too but that doesn't mean it's totally shit. Not a single rebuttal to any one of my points? That's fine if you're completely incapable of critical thinking, how about **** your own sheep opinion
Most TV is shit. I don't think anyone believes Stranger Things is a high caliber show. It's just campy nostalgic fun. Turn off the brain and just enjoy it as campy fun.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:01 AM 11-26-2017
Just finished Season 2....I liked it but not even the same stratosphere as S1.

Steve, Hopper, and Dustin continue to be the MVPs, only characters I’m engaged in and really care about.

Mike was a complete shithead this season and by the end of it I was just wanting someone to smack him upside his head, so bad.

For some reason El annoyed me this season as well....didn’t care for the character near as much as S1.
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:29 AM 11-27-2017

It’s really not that serious lol
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:46 AM 11-27-2017
I liked the first season better, but season 2 was still pretty good. I'm worried this thing will drag the hell out though, and lose its luster. I hope they stop after 3...
[Reply]
lcarus 10:15 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I liked the first season better, but season 2 was still pretty good. I'm worried this thing will drag the hell out though, and lose its luster. I hope they stop after 3...
I heard they have a plan for 4 seasons and they've hinted at going even beyond that.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:03 AM 11-28-2017
Well they need to let will be normal or kill one of the kids
[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 AM 11-28-2017
Get out of here with that stupid shit.
Exactly. The 80's weren't just Reese's Pieces, neon, and new wave music.

There were bad people then as well.

While the first season didn't really touch on that they clearly meant to in season 2...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:29 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Well they need to let will be normal or kill one of the kids

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:40 AM 11-28-2017
I think where ST excels is capturing the era. They do it perfectly. As these child actors grow into their awkward years and story gets more stale, it makes me wonder if they'd consider a throwback prelude season or even a total spinoff ala Better Call Saul to the 60/70's or something.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 42
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up