ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 105
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Hall of Classics>101 random roasts by misc Roastmasters - Thread #2
Pasta Little Brioni 03:00 PM 05-20-2013
As a spinoff to the successful NFL Network's version of this and from the drama thread, it has come to fruition that this thread must be created.

Each day Hootie will reveal a member starting with 101 and working his way in order to number 1. I will update the OP as I see the names revealed.

*Warning this thread may cause a severe case of butthurt*

Let it begin!!

Hootie's List

Saul Good - A little about Roaster #2 (by frazod)
Spoiler!

85 BigRedChief
Spoiler!

84. StevieRay
Spoiler!

83. Rustshack
Spoiler!

82. KCnative
Spoiler!

81. Notorious
Spoiler!

80. Braincase
Spoiler!

79. big nasty kcnut
Spoiler!

78. crazycoffey
Spoiler!

77. Phobia

Spoiler!

76 Dave Lane

Spoiler!

75 KnowMo roasted by PGM
Spoiler!

74 Luv roasted by Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

73. Mr Flopnuts
(by Iowanian)
Spoiler!

72. patteeu (by frazod)
Spoiler!

71. Bob Dole
Spoiler!

70. Sweet Daddy Hate/Raised On Riots/Darth CarlSatan (roasted by Clay)
Spoiler!

69.Setsuna (by rico)
Spoiler!

68. Burt (by J Diddy)
Spoiler!

67. petez28 (by PGM)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:04 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by rico:
I know your not, I know you don't, I know you are and I thought the Luv roast was fine....?
There's a lot more material on her, but it's deeply personal, and I didn't have the heart to bring all the heat because I know her personally, and know for a fact she'll take what was already said far too personally, the rest may have pushed her over some edge.
[Reply]
rico 07:05 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
There's a lot more material on her, but it's deeply personal, and I didn't have the heart to bring all the heat because I know her personally, and know for a fact she'll take what was already said far too personally, the rest may have pushed her over some edge.
Understandable, man.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:06 PM 06-26-2013
On another note, you're a good dude, plenty of funny in other arenas, I just think the roasts are not your strong suit. But whatev, who gives a shit what I think? I also think Saul's Bob Dole roast was the worst one he's churned out yet. But it was still better than your 2nd Hootie roast. Don't shoot the messenger. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 07:07 PM 06-26-2013
Catching up:

1. Rico, rico, rico. Don't let these guys discourage you. Yeah, try #2 was still a little long, but I think that if you do it one more time you can nail it. This time, try to keep it under 200 words. Don't try to compete with Saul Good, he's a master. Just try to post something that everyone will read with one or two decent jokes in it. You might think about asking seclark to help you edit it.

2. Saul Good's roasts can't be touched, but I like the way others are giving it a go.

3. I was away this afternoon working on a rico-length indictment of Phobia for capricious acts of moderation based on personal bias, but when I got back I found that he's already made the case for me. TL;DR=Thanks Phobia.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:09 PM 06-26-2013
Also, she's a roller derby chick, she can probably beat the fuck out of you. :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:12 PM 06-26-2013
Right? What the **** was is doesn't wasn't that?

Seriously. I'm trying. Really, really, trying to read some of these posts. But I can't. If it's not funny in the first 4 paragraphs, what makes me think that will change in the next 40? I'm not trying to be a dick, but sometimes honesty is a big, fat, cock.
I applaud Rico's effort because that is a shit load to type, but it simply isn't funny. Reading that whole Grapes of Wrath length post and trying to find the funny reminds me of going to a comedy club and the comedian is awful. It's uncomfortable for everyone and the few laughs and applause are forced and born out of pity. I haven't attempted a roast so I feel a little prickish criticizing Rico's efforts, but damn.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:14 PM 06-26-2013
What's the point of a countdown when multiple people are doing the roast?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:17 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
It's actually an insult to you. You see, CP was my very first Internet BB experience and I just didn't know proper protocol or have any real frame of reference to how it all works.
And you still got voted the "King of the N00bs" that year by the vets.
[Reply]
rico 07:20 PM 06-26-2013
On another note, you're a good dude, plenty of funny in other arenas, I just think the roasts are not your strong suit. But whatev, who gives a shit what I think? I also think Saul's Bob Dole roast was the worst one he's churned out yet. But it was still better than your 2nd Hootie roast. Don't shoot the messenger. :-)
Writing stories is more up my alley. I've actually had moderate success with that in the past....some crazy good breaks and some really shitty ones.

Roasting isn't my thing, but I do think some things did get lost in the verbiage on this one...which is fine, it's my "shtick," I guess. And the "H words" at the end...I don't care if anyone liked them or not, I straight up had fun coming up with them. Therefore it wasn't a bad dealio for me...I had fun.

Originally Posted by patteeu:
Catching up:

1. Rico, rico, rico. Don't let these guys discourage you. Yeah, try #2 was still a little long, but I think that if you do it one more time you can nail it. This time, try to keep it under 200 words. Don't try to compete with Saul Good, he's a master. Just try to post something that everyone will read with one or two decent jokes in it. You might think about asking seclark to help you edit it.

2. Saul Good's roasts can't be touched, but I like the way others are giving it a go.

3. I was away this afternoon working on a rico-length indictment of Phobia for capricious acts of moderation based on personal bias, but when I got back I found that he's already made the case for me. TL;DR=Thanks Phobia.
Meh, I'm not discouraged. Definitely not trying to compete with Saul Good. He's got his own style going on, and it's working...type of stuff that no one, but Saul Good can come up with. It's unique, original and very creative...I've never really read/witnessed anyone with his exact style of generating humor, which is a huge compliment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by NewChief:
So Hootie's ban is permanent, right mods?
WTH? Hootie is banned again. :-)

What did he do this time?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:27 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
What's the point of a countdown when multiple people are doing the roast?
Because it's funny?
[Reply]
rico 07:29 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I applaud Rico's effort because that is a shit load to type, but it simply isn't funny. Reading that whole Grapes of Wrath length post and trying to find the funny reminds me of going to a comedy club and the comedian is awful. It's uncomfortable for everyone and the few laughs and applause are forced and born out of pity. I haven't attempted a roast so I feel a little prickish criticizing Rico's efforts, but damn.
Fair enough.

I'm still not ashamed of this one. In retrospect, I don't like the entire Dallas to Champagne shit...but nothing any of you people say are going to make me feel generally ashamed about this one.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:33 PM 06-26-2013
Fair enough.

I'm still not ashamed of this one.
Never be ashamed of anything you put an honest effort into. Trying, failing, and learning from those failures is what separates the Rico's from the Hootie's of the world. Keep on keepin on, brother.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:34 PM 06-26-2013
Fair enough.

I'm still not ashamed of this one. In retrospect, I don't like the entire Dallas to Champagne shit...but nothing any of you people say are going to make me feel generally ashamed about this one.
If it was truly shameful, I wouldn't have made any criticism at all. I would've watched the train derail, and put my head down until I got home.
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:39 PM 06-26-2013
Rico is the energy guy. He's not the star of the show. He may lack the pure talent, but he gets by on his heart. Riles up the crowd for when the real talent comes in.

What I'm saying is...he's kind of my fluffer.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 105
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up