ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 46
« First < 323839404142 43444546 >
Hall of Classics>So I was kicked out of my own fantasy entity ...
Hootie 02:21 AM 10-25-2015
Made 90 great lineups this week, too ...

But, alas, was kicked out, $100 stolen, and have no idea why ....

Thread gets deleted ...

But the group doesn't realize ... Password change or not, I'm still logged in via phone app. That's right.

They let me do 6 hours worth of lineups today before, out of nowhere, I'm banned. Whatever. Right?

Hmm. Steal my $100 ..
TimBone 02:11 PM 10-26-2015
The Leroy Jenkins reference is awesome. Hahahaha
stumppy 02:13 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Sully:
How much better would this thread be if, every 3 hours, Hootie had 10 minutes to post in it before being banned, again?
Yes....yes.......bruuuhahahahaha..........yes.
Prison Bitch 02:13 PM 10-26-2015
I warned fellow posters that DFS players are utter sheep. And sheep, quote, "always get slaughtered":
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...php?p=11785058

It's good that several of you had another opportunity to learn lessons on (1) avoiding scams and (2) avoiding scammers ie Hootz. I do love it that Flopnuts had his money taken tho.
SAUTO 02:17 PM 10-26-2015
How much better would this thread be if, every 3 hours, Hootie had 10 minutes to post in it before being banned, again?
GIRAFFE!!!
MTG#10 02:23 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I warned fellow posters that DFS players are utter sheep. And sheep, quote, "always get slaughtered":
Tell that to all the people that's hit it big. Nobody went in expecting anything, it's a risk just like all gambling. The entertainment value alone made this experience worth a lousy $100.
Amnorix 02:25 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They didn't. They entrusted me with their money and real names. Hootie was supposed to work with everyone else on the picks but it became the all Hootie show. He wouldn't listen to anyone. Our $5000 became his personal stack of money to play with as he saw fit.

I tried to get him to change. But, it had to be all about Hootie, It was Hooties way or the highway. Losing 1/2 our money in two weeks didn't help. But, it was inability to get along with anyone that forced him out as the lead FF player.

This is so Hootie-like it's impossible not to believe you. In fact, if you described what happened and hten posted a poll with 100 CP users listed and asked people to identify which person had done what you describe, I think nearly everyone would have picked Hootie.

Hootie gotta do what Hootie does.
DaFace 02:30 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Is he permabanned or just banned while everyone cools off?
Not sure on that one.
ChiTown 02:32 PM 10-26-2015
:-):-)
Dartgod 02:37 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
GIRAFFE!!!
Ok, I've seen this referenced several times. Please explain for the old and slow.
Saul Good 02:42 PM 10-26-2015
The cheating scandal is going to wind up being the best thing that ever happened to these sites. Instead of learning not to play this crap, people only "learn" that the game can theoretically be beaten.

What they ignored from the stories is the fact that the people beating the system are programmers from places like MIT and Stanford. The average Chiefs fan would have better odds playing Powerball than trying to outsmart the pros who play DFS.
Swanman 02:43 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here's my attempt at a brief synopsis (but don't guarantee this to be 100% accurate):
  1. Hootie notices that the people winning big on Fanduel are submitting a large number of varied lineups rather than just doing 1-2 per week and suggests to the forum that a bunch of guys pool their money and cooperate on their picks. 50 guys pitch in $100 each to join.
  2. Rather than take their time to develop a real strategy, Hootie kind of went all LLEEEROOOYYYY JEEENNNNKINS the first week and lost 2/3rds of what they started with.
  3. At some point, other members get pissed that Hootie's just doing it all rather than cooperating and boot him out of a leadership role. He also broke some sort of rule that everyone agreed upon from the beginning about not submitting lineups outside the group.
  4. Hootie posts this thread in the Lounge to complain about it. Somewhere in here, Hootie is also a dick to Flopnuts to the point that he gets banned for the 5719th time. There was some other drama here involving the same crap he was banned for years ago, but it's all a bit fuzzy what really went down.

The end.
As to the third item, Hootie not cooperating was just a minor annoyance compared to everything else. The main cause that led to the meltdown was that Hootie had received some free entries into the big tournament and said he was going to play them, which violated our #1 rule that your own picks can't compete against or mirror the group's picks in the same tourney. A rule that he himself came up with and he himself demanded. So he was called out on it and instead of having a discussion, he absolutely melted down. It was spectacular. Hootie gonna Hootie.
seclark 02:48 PM 10-26-2015
"LLEEEROOOYYYY JEEENNNNKINS"
thread winner
sec
Bearcat 02:51 PM 10-26-2015
Permapermabanned, worse than the previous 4 permabans.
Gonzo 03:00 PM 10-26-2015
From the input I've received from other mods, this is it.

I almost feel like an ass now. I was actually the one that lifted his ban the last time. I have all the PM's he and I exchanged as well. Maybe I'll post them sometime. He swore to me that the only thing he'd ever talk about was sports, he wouldn't get into personal issues with other members of become "that guy" with the attitude and such. He apologized to me for the crap he pulled so many years ago with me and others and I truly thought he was a changed person.

I kinda think he was, actually. He brings a lot to CP and I know he loves it here. This place is a huge part of his life. I'd wager thousands of dollars saying that he was logged on here more than anyone else since reinstatement.

I like Hootie, I do. He just doesn't know when to shut it off I guess. I'm staying out of it now and I guaran-damn-tee I won't be the one to bring him back.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Permapermabanned, worse than the previous 4 permabans.

This is actually very true. He's burned all bridges this time I think.
Marcellus 03:01 PM 10-26-2015
Just to clarify since certain people don't seem to understand.

There really isn't anyone complaining about losing $ in this. This whole thing was gone into for fun and to see what might happen if we put our collective thoughts into it.

Hootie got booted from being an admin in that group for several reasons.

He failed to play by the rules and he didn't take anyone's input. Well that and he was a giant douche. Even more so than usual if you can believe it.

It has little to nothing to do with $. We still have $ to play with and will do so without his input and have fun which was the point.
Page 42 of 46
« First < 323839404142 43444546 >
Up