ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 221
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:46 AM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because I can't think of a better thread, here's what I got to watch over lunch this afternoon...

We have a pair of bald eagles that have nested about a 1/2 mile away and they seem to have decided that my back yard is a hell of a fishing hole. On Sunday he came down right at the water's edge next to that little bush in the bottom left of the picture) and snagged a little bass. Today about 3 minutes after this picture he went up that right into that cove in the back, snagged another one and took off to the west with it (out of the right side of the frame).

I'm really hoping that they've recently set up shop and this will become a common occurrence. I've seen at least 1 of them the last 3 days and this afternoon both of them were zipping about. Pretty cool shit.

Edit: Ugh...file-size limits; I had to compress that to the point of not being all that interesting. I wonder if a photobucket or something would work better. He's damn sharp lookin'...
I was, kind of, just, half awake, hungover, scrolling through the posts, and in the very short time it took to scroll past your pic, I had determined:

[Reply]
bdj23 01:31 PM 06-24-2017
Went out this morning for a while. My buddy managed to pull a 40lb flathead out of the Kaw.

I was skunked.

Broke 6 lines and lost probably 4lbs of lead. This is growing increasingly frustrating and I'm starting to not have fun anymore. Snags and wasted time and money.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:36 PM 06-24-2017
I'm still awaiting my new bass boat to get the Garmin Panoptix installed. Hopefully I get to pick it up next week and just go right on down to lake Texhoma.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:04 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Went out this morning for a while. My buddy managed to pull a 40lb flathead out of the Kaw.

I was skunked.

Broke 6 lines and lost probably 4lbs of lead. This is growing increasingly frustrating and I'm starting to not have fun anymore. Snags and wasted time and money.
I have never gotten into catfishing because of how boring it can be. Just sitting around for hours has just never been appealing to me. I much prefer the hunt of fishing.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:29 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have never gotten into catfishing because of how boring it can be. Just sitting around for hours has just never been appealing to me. I much prefer the hunt of fishing.
See I think night fishing is the best thing ever. It maybe in the middle of the night and nothing for hours then you hear it. A bell. The bell rings and fish on and it can be exhilarating to bring something in out of the darkness.
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:31 PM 06-26-2017
Fishing was awesome today. We landed around 25 hybrid stripers and whites in two hours between two of us.

We'd go to a spot and they'd start feeding. Couldn't cast fast enough. They started feeding in front of us twice and the third time we were cruising to a spot and saw them jumping everywhere. Spent 30 minutes reeling them in as fast as we could.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:36 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Fishing was awesome today. We landed around 25 hybrid stripers and whites in two hours between two of us.

We'd go to a spot and they'd start feeding. Couldn't cast fast enough. They started feeding in front of us twice and the third time we were cruising to a spot and saw them jumping everywhere. Spent 30 minutes reeling them in as fast as we could.
That's FUCKing Awesomeness :-)
[Reply]
tooge 12:39 PM 06-26-2017
my son and I went to an old quarry friday. Fished out of a small john boat. We caught 18 bass ranging from 12" to 17". Most were on a whaky rigged sinko (motor oil and red flake) or drop shotting, which was new to me but produced a ton of bites and several fish.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:12 PM 06-26-2017
I'm sure channel cat will eat it. They'll eat anything.
Pretty much. Channel and bullheads will bite on about any kind of rotten nastiness you can pour onto a hook.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:16 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It can be slow fishing but the reward of hooking into a biggun is worth it.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:04 AM 07-01-2017
Up before the sun this morning to try my spot again. Shit luck. I don't know what has changed, but i for the life of me cannot stay out of snags. I lost my last 4 8oz weights, got mad, gave my bait to my friend and went home.

I've probably left 20lbs of led on the bottom of the river this summer alone.

I'm so fucking frustrated right now. Every time i snap a line it's $3 down the drain.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:11 AM 07-01-2017
Up before the sun this morning to try my spot again. Shit luck. I don't know what has changed, but i for the life of me cannot stay out of snags. I lost my last 4 8oz weights, got mad, gave my bait to my friend and went home.

I've probably left 20lbs of led on the bottom of the river this summer alone.

I'm so fucking frustrated right now. Every time i snap a line it's $3 down the drain.
What kind of weights do you use? I tried the egg kind and find that it weekends the string and they snap the line so easy they suck. So i hate the egg ones.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:15 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
What kind of weights do you use? I tried the egg kind and find that it weekends the string and they snap the line so easy they suck. So i hate the egg ones.
Bank and no roll.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:33 AM 07-01-2017
Bank and no roll.
The no roll do you run the string through it more than once to make it not slide?
[Reply]
bdj23 07:57 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
The no roll do you run the string through it more than once to make it not slide?
3 way rig usually.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 221
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186 > Last »
Up