ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 107
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:16 PM 03-21-2024
Another thug arrested

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kansas-...harged-murder/
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:10 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Family loyalty is a weird thing. You'd think that the family would want to be rid of a piece of garbage like this, but at the same time maybe they remember him as a little kid riding his bike or helping with the groceries or something, and they can remember that there was once a good person in that shell.
They probably never see that side of him. People usually only let you see what they want you to see. How people act around their friends, maybe totally different how they act around their family.

I'm.glad thee guys are off the street. I'm no angel myself but goddamn shooting indiscriminately at a ****ing parade? Unbelievable.

Lock them up and throw away the key!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
This message has been deleted by IowaHawkeyeChief. Reason: wrong thread
Lzen 07:57 AM 03-22-2024
Did we ever get any mug shots of these scumbags?
[Reply]
Otter 09:00 AM 03-22-2024
Very uplifting and gives you confidence in humanity...

https://www.jacksoncountyprosecutor....Young_redacted

https://www.nytimes.com/article/kans...-shooting.html
[Reply]
neech 09:02 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Did we ever get any mug shots of these scumbags?
The media apparently doesn't want to show them. I wonder why? :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:08 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
The media apparently doesn't want to show them. I wonder why? :-)
Are you implying that the media might have a certain agenda here? That they aren't really fair and balanced in their coverage? Because if so, I'll need to reach out to the FBI and let them know we've got an extremist on our hands over here.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:20 PM 03-22-2024
Not sure where you all live but, Young’s name and mugshot was all over the news here.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 AM 03-28-2024
And there it is. One of the people involved in the shooting was never charged for a 2021 murder. Absolutely disgusting

https://fox4kc.com/news/man-charged-...tm_source=t.co
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
And there it is. One of the people involved in the shooting was never charged for a 2021 murder. Absolutely disgusting

Wow. These kind of stories are all too common these days.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:05 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

I feel for them, but if people got charged for guns going off accidentally, Dick Cheney would be in jail. They would have had to prove that the guy was acting negligently, and it sounds like they didn't have the evidence to do it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:11 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I feel for them, but if people got charged for guns going off accidentally, Dick Cheney would be in jail. They would have had to prove that the guy was acting negligently, and it sounds like they didn't have the evidence to do it.
Oh, FFS...
[Reply]
wazu 11:12 AM 03-28-2024
Pfft, whatever. Dude was waving a loaded gun around that he owned and it blew somebody's head off. In what world do we accept that as just an accident, no charges filed? That is fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:16 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Pfft, whatever. Dude was waving a loaded gun around that he owned and it blew somebody's head off. In what world do we accept that as just an accident, no charges filed? That is fucking ridiculous.
In a world where Jean Peters Baker is the prosecuting atty.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:17 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
The article says someone in the car said it was an accident. If you don't have evidence of negligence, you can't get a conviction.

I know it's easy to blame prosecutors for stuff like this, but their job is to press charges when they think they can get a conviction - not to waste the court's time.

(I sat on a jury trial that never should have been brought to trial a year ago. Was it likely there was negligence involved? Yep. Could they prove it? Not anywhere close. It was a giant waste of time, and even the judge was clearly frustrated.)
[Reply]
wazu 11:20 AM 03-28-2024
The article says someone in the car said it was an accident. If you don't have evidence, you can't get a conviction.

I know it's easy to blame prosecutors for stuff like this, but their job is to press charges when they think they can get a conviction - not to waste the court's time.

(Source: I sat on a jury trial that never should have been brought to trial a year ago. Was it likely there was negligence involved? Yep. Could they prove it? Not anywhere close. It was a giant waste of time, and even the judge was clearly frustrated.)
I believe it was an accident. An accident that is still majorly illegal. Manslaughter or something.

The murder we're charging people with at the parade was an "accident". She wasn't the intended victim. Bullet hit somebody it wasn't supposed to.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 107
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107 >
Up