ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pablo 10:01 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Eesh
You picture a dude that missed a rent payment and is rummaging thru a dumpster for leftover food. I picture a fentanyl zombie that breaks into homes/businesses to feed their addiction and discourages productive members of society from going to downtown areas.

One of these is based in reality.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
America is a lovely place, "OMG homeless people,can we like kill them or something"
You shouldn't get to live in a tent wherever you want. KC doesn't have much of that problem though but Portland, Phx, Denver do. Because nobody will do anything about it.
[Reply]
nychief 10:08 AM 02-15-2024
here we go.
Attached: FgB5vNSXgAcCxN1.jpg (117.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:08 AM 02-15-2024
Gotta second this. Busch was a fantastic experience the only time I've been and the immediate surrounding area (Ballpark Village?) is super nice.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:11 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
here we go.
Like OMG dude I saw homeless people and minorities, I'm going to die!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:19 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Gotta second this. Busch was a fantastic experience the only time I've been and the immediate surrounding area (Ballpark Village?) is super nice.
Yep. Love Busch Stadium, it's the reason why I want a downtown stadium for the Royals.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:24 AM 02-15-2024
Doesn't really matter what anyone thinks. People will come or they won't regardless of what any of you think. And it's possible that people aren't "scared" so much as they're pissed and they won't celebrate/support or look away from regresssive policies. Low trust society begets low trust results.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:29 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
I view downtown Denver in that sort of decline. Was so many homeless downtown until the Governor moved them out due to the NBA Finals. I've not been back downtown recently, but between the homeless and the illegals what could ever go wrong....
I was just in DT Denver back in November and the homeless were EVERYWHERE. We left and did other things, instead.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Yep. Love Busch Stadium, it's the reason why I want a downtown stadium for the Royals.
Truist Park and the surrounding area are very similar, only with the advantage of not being encroached on all sides by the fucking ghetto.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:38 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Busch Stadium is in downtown St. Louis.

An absolute hell hole of a downtown. FAR worse than downtown KC.

Yet in the dozens of Cardinals games I’ve been to over the years, including GASP night games, I’ve never once felt unsafe walking to and from the stadium. Never had a problem finding parking. Never had a problem with traffic postgame.

Downtown is where baseball belongs. I get that it’s new and there are questions and it’s replacing an iconic stadium for Royals fans. But I think you’re going to like the new park in the long run.
Weren’t you just going on that you’re scared to go to the grocery store or church because you think you’ll be shot?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:44 AM 02-15-2024
Petco Park in San Diego is downtown and it's pretty awesome. Tropicana Field is next to downtown St Pete but there's a ton of bars and restaurants across the street.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:47 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
here we go.
Rofl that is great. They could even make the picture even better.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:19 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll be pretty happy to get that stirp club outta there.
Does MO still have that ridiculous law that strippers have to be behind some kind of screen?

It's a sad day when people have to go to Kansas to see real strippers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:11 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
If you park SUPER close yes...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:22 PM 02-15-2024
Don't chase good money after bad. Sinking money into a stadium for a dying sport couldn't be any clearer an example of "bad money."
[Reply]
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up