ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
kstater 06:45 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Big daddy chiefs have to step in for support because the royals sure as shit can’t get it on their own
I was wondering when the Chiefs would speak up, and would virtually be forced to move to WyCo. They're footing a rather large price for a new stadium if the existing tax doesn't get renewed and they want to stay put. That's where Frank White is screwing the pooch. A new tax will never get approved. Continuing the existing tax is the only path forward for Jackson county.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nightfyre 07:05 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Bah gawwd that's Frank White's music...

a statement clearly written for Frank that has political appeal but clearly means nothing to him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:20 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
a statement clearly written for Frank that has political appeal but clearly means nothing to him.
Clearly the eastern Jackson County movers and shakers (who run Frank White) aren't getting the type of kickback they want yet.

And/or Frank's personal vendetta hasn't yet been satisfied.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:34 PM 01-05-2024
White is just being a cunt.

It's about as solid of a deal that you could ask for on a public-private partnership
[Reply]
Pablo 07:41 PM 01-05-2024
Frank the Stank

Him and John Sherman should have a cage match. Winner gets what they want. Get at it boys
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:12 PM 01-05-2024
I remember when Frank White was my favorite Royal...barely.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:05 PM 01-05-2024
Butthurt never heals I guess
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:42 AM 01-06-2024
I used to like Frank White.
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:15 AM 01-06-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
Honestly, if Amazon co-opts Bally like the rumors are saying, it's probably the best thing for the Royals.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
100%
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:17 AM 01-08-2024
This division is winnable. It really could be like the Twins in ‘87. 82-85 wins likely wins this division, and after that, all bets are off.

This is clearly what the Royals are banking on.

But…. Free agency rarely works. Plus, we’re the Royals. When the hell does anything work out for us?

Offensively, I think this team could be very sneaky good. BWJ is an all-star potential MVP player. Maikel Garcia could be underrated. A healthy Vinnie could go full-on Sweeney aka ‘99, or turn into Thome, either way, I’m happy. Can Salvy trim some weight and hit 30 homers? I hope so, and I think he can. After those four guys, it’s Waters, Isbel, Melendez, Velazquez, Massey and the big Henfroe acquisition. There’s a lot to like there, and I don’t think there’s a slot for anyone until they slot themselves in with performance.

Ragans was maybe the best pitcher in baseball for two+ plus months last year. Can he perform at even close to that level for a full season? He looks like the real deal, barring injury, he is another potential all-star. But then we have Wacha, Lugo, Singer, Lynch, Lyles…. Can’t have enough pitching. I want the Royals to bring Greinke back. He can get his 3000th K in a Royals uniform, and if he is used correctly, he could be our pocket ace.

Our bullpen still stinks. Can we sign Chapman again? Moves have been made, but again, there’s never enough pitching.

If we can get out of April and May not being under 10 games, this team could be interesting to watch. But I think they really need more help in pitching.

I tried to write a similar thing, but it was deleted because the site timed me out.

Pitchers/catchers report in a few weeks!
[Reply]
Mecca 03:22 PM 01-08-2024

Report: The Kansas City Royals now prefer to build a new stadium in place of The Kansas City Star's former offices and printing press. https://t.co/LdtDCf7NDA

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) January 8, 2024

Interesting
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:25 PM 01-11-2024

The Yankees’ 2-year, $37 million deal with Marcus Stroman came together after GM Brian Cashman spoke face-to-face with him in Tampa.
The Yankees never felt they were close to bridging the huge gap with 2-time Cy Young winner Blake Snell after making an introductory offer.

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 12, 2024

[Reply]
poolboy 01-11-2024, 08:33 PM
This message has been deleted by poolboy. Reason: dup
poolboy 08:47 PM 01-11-2024
Anybody going to Spring Training this year?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:51 PM 01-11-2024
Bobby Witt Jr. way too low.

Thoughts on our #Top10RightNow list of shortstops? pic.twitter.com/kCmkR03ske

— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) January 12, 2024

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:00 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Clearly the eastern Jackson County movers and shakers (who run Frank White) aren't getting the type of kickback they want yet.

And/or Frank's personal vendetta hasn't yet been satisfied.
Who are those people? Because the only reason Frank won re-election by 8% was because the urban core and his bundlers were the Ward Parkway folk
[Reply]
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up