ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 791
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Part of what makes Jones special IMO is his ability to win quick from the interior, much like Donald. I think you lose a lot if you consistently ask him to win on the edge.
Yep.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:43 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I doubt they're gonna move Jones outside very often. Andy likes pressure up the middle.
yeah like he did against Brady in the AFCCG
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
so nothing new today? Shocking
The 2019 offseason doesn't officially start for like 3 weeks so you're gonna have to be patient. :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:44 AM 02-20-2019
It’s gonna be very interesting to see how much of an impact Daly has on Ford and Nones ability to stop the run.

IMHO Cords problems in that area of his game are a far bigger concern than his injury history...especially if he can continue to build his core strength which will make his back stronger and vice versa.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:44 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It doesn't matter. I'm not ever going to bet my season on a guy that can't stay healthy, regardless of what he does when he is.

Equivocation doesn't work because 0 still equals 0. See also: Eric Berry.
He played 18 games this year. What more can he do?

His history isn't great but if he stays healthy in '19 without the Chiefs and they don't win the SB because of pass rush limitations, letting him go will be remembered terribly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:45 AM 02-20-2019
Well, tag and keep Ford, cut Houston is probably what's going down.

We'll need to draft a pass rusher early along with CB's and S's.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, tag and keep Ford, cut Houston is probably what's going down.

We'll need to draft a pass rusher early along with CB's and S's.
I suspect a safety will be signed with the money
[Reply]
BossChief 11:46 AM 02-20-2019
It doesn't matter. I'm not ever going to bet my season on a guy that can't stay healthy, regardless of what he does when he is.

Equivocation doesn't work because 0 still equals 0. See also: Eric Berry.
Dude, let’s be real here.

Fords injury issues are NORMAL for a 5 year NFL player. In this league, injuries are unavoidable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 02-20-2019
He played 18 games this year. What more can he do?
I already told you - he could have demonstrated at some point in his entire career of organized football that he could stay healthy two years in a row. He's NEVER played a full, productive season two years in a row. EVER. And by tagging him and keeping him, they're counting on him to do EXACTLY THAT. They're asking him to do something he's never done. Seems reasonable. SMH

His history isn't great but if he stays healthy in '19 without the Chiefs and they don't win the SB because of pass rush limitations, letting him go will be remembered terribly.
He played the best year of his life and one of the best in the entire NFL and they didn't win the Super Bowl WITH him. So what does that say?

It's all about probability.

If they tag him and keep him, they have no money. They're going to be relying on the draft mostly to upgrade the secondary. There's two probable outcomes there - he gets hurt and the season goes up in flames because he was their big spend or he balls out like he did last year and they still lose because the secondary isn't good enough. Either way, 2019 is yet another lost season and the window on Mahomes' rookie contract is nearly closed with nothing to show for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Dude, let’s be real here.

Fords injury issues are NORMAL for a 5 year NFL player. In this league, injuries are unavoidable.
Look at the other top pass rushers from 2018 and then say that again with a straight face.

Gimme a break with that dude. He's had 3 back surgeries.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:54 AM 02-20-2019
Just a matter of different trains of thought I suppose. I don't think they can win the SB without Ford or Houston both in 2019. Some think they can.

I'd rather pay Ford's tag than $21M for Houston. Some feel differently.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:55 AM 02-20-2019
Jesus, are we STILL on this?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:56 AM 02-20-2019
I already told you - he could have demonstrated at some point in his entire career of organized football that he could stay healthy two years in a row. He's NEVER played a full, productive season two years in a row. EVER. And by tagging him and keeping him, they're counting on him to do EXACTLY THAT. They're asking him to do something he's never done. Seems reasonable. SMH

He played the best year of his life and one of the best in the entire NFL and they didn't win the Super Bowl WITH him. So what does that say?

It's all about probability.

If they tag him and keep him, they have no money. They're going to be relying on the draft mostly to upgrade the secondary. There's two probable outcomes there - he gets hurt and the season goes up in flames because he was their big spend or he balls out like he did last year and they still lose because the secondary isn't good enough. Either way, 2019 is yet another lost season and the window on Mahomes' rookie contract is nearly closed with nothing to show for it.
well, we were always going to have to pay SOMEBODY pretty big money at RDE, whether it's Ford, or it's Houston, or it's a free agent. You're not going to just line up some JAG there.

I get all the arguments against it being Ford. Injury history, poor run defender. I'd probably rather have Houston but that may be just sentimental. He's better all around, but also an injury problem.

It's gotta be one. Ford is cheaper. Draft his replacement and let him walk next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 02-20-2019
Just a matter of different trains of thought I suppose. I don't think they can win the SB without Ford or Houston both in 2019. Some think they can.

I'd rather pay Ford's tag than $21M for Houston. Some feel differently.
After last season with Berry, I just can't fathom putting that much of the cap into either of them. Did we learn nothing at all?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, we were always going to have to pay SOMEBODY pretty big money at RDE, whether it's Ford, or it's Houston, or it's a free agent. You're not going to just line up some JAG there.

I get all the arguments against it being Ford. Injury history, poor run defender. I'd probably rather have Houston but that may be just sentimental. He's better all around, but also an injury problem.

It's gotta be one. Ford is cheaper. Draft his replacement and let him walk next year.
Sign a free agent that has actually demonstrated the ability to stay healthy. Sign him to a cap friendly 2019 deal.

By tagging Ford, they're all in on him for 2019. That's not a risk I would be willing to take, but then again, who am I?
[Reply]
Page 45 of 791
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145545 > Last »
Up