ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 341
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:04 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Got my Nikon M-308 today. Thankfully the wheat harvest got delayed so I could get home and bring it in before the rain tonight.

Looks pretty sharp and snazzy with a sunshade attached. Probably never get to attempt an 800 yard shot as the scope advertises, but no biggie.

Hopefully, my (still unarrived) PSA .308 isn't shit because that's what it's going on.
I'm sure it will be fine. Got my last AR from them and haven't had any issues with it.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:24 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm sure it will be fine. Got my last AR from them and haven't had any issues with it.
Seems that much of the forum issues were people in the "assembling" game of AR platforms, and there were compatibility issues. Additionally, some of PSA's proprietary parts weren't up to snuff.

I couldn't find much about fully assembled rifles, but I figure there's no way to lose with a .308 AR with a Magpul stock and SS free-float barrel with a flattop...for $700.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:00 AM 06-18-2017
Seems that much of the forum issues were people in the "assembling" game of AR platforms, and there were compatibility issues. Additionally, some of PSA's proprietary parts weren't up to snuff.

I couldn't find much about fully assembled rifles, but I figure there's no way to lose with a .308 AR with a Magpul stock and SS free-float barrel with a flattop...for $700.
I assume my PSA Frankenrifle was assembled in the same manner, and like I said, it was fine. I did switch out the BCG, charging handle and trigger for higher quality components, though.
[Reply]
notorious 12:45 PM 06-18-2017

[Reply]
notorious 12:46 PM 06-18-2017
Still my fav.

[Reply]
Frazod 06:02 PM 06-18-2017
Well.... um.... I forgot what I was going to say....

Oh wait, I've settled on an ankle gun. Went to the local shop today to do some comparisons. The winner is the Ruger LC9s. Wins in size and weight, the cost is just above what I can get a Shield for, and it has good reviews. CDNN also has them on sale for $300. So I can get that and a solid holster for just under $400.
[Reply]
notorious 06:40 PM 06-18-2017
I hope you like it Fraz. I am not a fan of the LC9.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 07:24 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I hope you like it Fraz. I am not a fan of the LC9.
If I got one, it'd have to be the Pro version with the shorter trigger pull.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:08 PM 06-18-2017
If I got one, it'd have to be the Pro version with the shorter trigger pull.
Yeah, that's the one.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:09 PM 06-18-2017
https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-lc...U#.WUcyGWjytr4

[Reply]
Dunit35 09:37 PM 06-18-2017
https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-lc...U#.WUcyGWjytr4

I had a Ruger SR9c once and didn't care for it. I do like their stainless 1911 commander.

I picked up an American Defense lower 1/3 QD mount for the MRO today. Their website has it for $86 with shipping at LEO price. Scored it on primaryarms.com for $76. Cost me $461 for the mount and MRO.

Now, I hope opticsplanet will give me a refund on that Eotech instead of a store credit. If not, I have $386 to spend there. Their MRO and QD mounts were in the mid $500's.

I do need a weapon light for my Tavor.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I had a Ruger SR9c once and didn't care for it. I do like their stainless 1911 commander.

I picked up an American Defense lower 1/3 QD mount for the MRO today. Their website has it for $86 with shipping at LEO price. Scored it on primaryarms.com for $76. Cost me $461 for the mount and MRO.

Now, I hope opticsplanet will give me a refund on that Eotech instead of a store credit. If not, I have $386 to spend there. Their MRO and QD mounts were in the mid $500's.

I do need a weapon light for my Tavor.
Apparently the striker fire version, which I ordered just now, is a vast improvement over the hammer fire version. The trigger is much better. Also, any gun I buy goes straight to my gunsmith for tweaking before I ever use it, so that should mitigate any performance problems I might have out of the box.

And if it ends up being a turd, I'll just get something else. This is the cheapest gun I've bought in forever.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:17 PM 06-18-2017
Apparently the striker fire version, which I ordered just now, is a vast improvement over the hammer fire version. The trigger is much better. Also, any gun I buy goes straight to my gunsmith for tweaking before I ever use it, so that should mitigate any performance problems I might have out of the box.

And if it ends up being a turd, I'll just get something else. This is the cheapest gun I've bought in forever.
I know of one officer who has the LC9 but he's kind of a douche. When we do talk I try to avoid potential long discussions with him.

I do remember him shooting it at the range one day, without issues. This was 4-5 years ago.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I know of one officer who has the LC9 but he's kind of a douche. When we do talk I try to avoid potential long discussions with him.

I do remember him shooting it at the range one day, without issues. This was 4-5 years ago.
While I do expect it to be fully reliable, I'll never use it as my go-to carry gun. That's what the CZ's for. It will be used pretty much only when the go-to carry gun isn't an option. For such a small gun, it does have decent capacity. 7+1 should be able to get you out of most scrapes.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:32 PM 06-18-2017
While I do expect it to be fully reliable, I'll never use it as my go-to carry gun. That's what the CZ's for. It will be used pretty much only when the go-to carry gun isn't an option. For such a small gun, it does have decent capacity. 7+1 should be able to get you out of most scrapes.
Have you shot any of those Sig P938 or whatever the CCW 9mm is? Those look so nice but pricey.

My next gun will be the M&P 2.0 for duty use. The grip on it is incredible.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 341
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up