ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 191
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:02 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There is such a varying opinion on these WR’s man. I get it’s one of the best classes ever but you would think there’s like 10 WR’s who could go in the first rd listening to different analyst :-)

Coleman was once considered a top 15 pick, also left out on this list was Franklin. He might be right with his predictions.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:07 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Coleman was once considered a top 15 pick, also left out on this list was Franklin. He might be right with his predictions.
Franklin should be on that list instead of Legette IMO.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:15 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Franklin should be on that list instead of Legette IMO.
Teams will love Legette's tape and traits, imo. There is a good why behind the "one-year" wonder status. I expect he will go early second. Happy to be wrong and watch the Chiefs scoop him in the back half of the second if they don't.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:41 PM 04-05-2024
Apparently Puca only ran .05 faster than Coleman, but Keon had a better 10-yard split.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:33 AM 04-06-2024
Does Keon Coleman have a chance to slide to us?

I think he or Kinsley have a really good chance to be the pick at 32 if we don’t move up or down too much.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:12 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I think he or Kinsley have a really good chance to be the pick at 32 if we don’t move up or down too much.
I don't think Coleman will go in the first now, but who knows if some team was really on him early and likes him.

I would be disappointed if we took him at 32, especially if there were good tackles still on the board. Also would rather have Worthy/Mitchell/Franklin/McConkey than Coleman if they are there.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:03 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I don't think Coleman will go in the first now, but who knows if some team was really on him early and likes him.

I would be disappointed if we took him at 32, especially if there were good tackles still on the board. Also would rather have Worthy/Mitchell/Franklin/McConkey than Coleman if they are there.
Only problem with that is Coleman has some star potential, might just be the guy that breaks out from this class.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Only problem with that is Coleman has some star potential, might just be the guy that breaks out from this class.
I like Coleman.

But the issue is I don't think he is as pro ready for his eventual role.

You hope he develops into a possession #1 WR. But there is a bit of risk here and you might have to wait a bit.

Would still prefer Coleman to Franklin who might be more ready but has less upside. Franklin is as exciting to me as a glass of skim milk.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:24 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I think there's more than a good chance he's there for us. I kind of have Carolina at 33 as a good fit for him. I question if he's a best fit in this particular offense. We move our guys around a lot and exchange their roles as well. If we didn't do that, I'd probably be higher on guys like him and Mitchell. I just don't see them as particularly great fits here. That doesn't mean they won't be good or even great WRs though. Both could end up spectacular.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:36 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think there's more than a good chance he's there for us. I kind of have Carolina at 33 as a good fit for him. I question if he's a best fit in this particular offense. We move our guys around a lot and exchange their roles as well. If we didn't do that, I'd probably be higher on guys like him and Mitchell. I just don't see them as particularly great fits here. That doesn't mean they won't be good or even great WRs though. Both could end up spectacular.
We moved Skyy Moore around a lot but that wasn't so great.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:54 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I like Coleman.

But the issue is I don't think he is as pro ready for his eventual role.

You hope he develops into a possession #1 WR. But there is a bit of risk here and you might have to wait a bit.

Would still prefer Coleman to Franklin who might be more ready but has less upside. Franklin is as exciting to me as a glass of skim milk.
I agree he's got room to grow at his age. I think kelce's our possession guy and would prefer a playmaking threat probably.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM 04-06-2024
We still think McConkey might fall to us?

Been watching his pro day tape and a couple highlight reels; this guy is going to be an immediate producer as an outside possession receiver. Great route runner, seems to already have a solid grasp of how to find the soft spots in zone and his route-running/footwork/craftiness make him a really good man-beater. Plus he's twitchy as hell. Should put up solid YAC numbers.

Watching him, he reminds a lot of Adam Thielen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:54 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We still think McConkey might fall to us?

Been watching his pro day tape and a couple highlight reels; this guy is going to be an immediate producer as an outside possession receiver. Great route runner, seems to already have a solid grasp of how to find the soft spots in zone and his route-running/footwork/craftiness make him a really good man-beater. Plus he's twitchy as hell. Should put up solid YAC numbers.

Watching him, he reminds a lot of Adam Thielen.
McConkey could be a #1 WR in a McVay offense in a Amen-Ra role.

I would take him and not think twice.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:58 PM 04-06-2024
McConkey could be a #1 WR in a McVay offense in a Amen-Ra role.

I would take him and not think twice.

Yah, McVay and Shannahan almost definitely would turn this guy into the next Puca Nacua, production-wise. Dude is basically fully formed already.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:35 PM 04-06-2024
We moved Skyy Moore around a lot but that wasn't so great.
A singular "failure" does not change the type of player Reid employs at the position. I can't stress that enough.

And I wouldn't even call Moore a failure because he's been every bit as productive as a guy like Demarcus Robinson was. Moore simply wasn't worth his draft position and then that is further compounded by the "what if" crowd. There are a bunch of what-if situations in every draft. The thing is, when Demarcus Robinson was sucking shit as a starter, he was given more of a pass because we had Tyreek opposite him and he was a 4th round pick.

If we were to swap Chenal and Moore's draft positions in the 2022 draft, would people be as negative about Moore as they are? I sincerely doubt it.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 191
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Up