ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 90
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:29 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Why? Beckton has been very good this year as a rookie.
Yeah. Draft Sewell and you have the best young bookend pair in the league.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:29 PM 01-01-2021
Announcer said "shit show."

Ha.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:30 PM 01-01-2021
Lawrence reminds me of Leinart
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 PM 01-01-2021
At the end of the day you can throw up all the negatives, there are very few drafts Lawrence wouldn't go 1st in.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Lawrence reminds me of Leinart
That's a terrible comparison...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:31 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Maybe, just maybe, it’s because Lawrence is a tad bit overrated and not the generational talent that he’s made out to be.

He’s not nearly as talented as Mahomes.

He’s a very safe prospect with a very high floor, but he’s not as special as people hype him to be
I think you just gotta go with the arm talent. The NFL has finally gotten more creative about transitioning non pro style qbs into the NFL. From a physical standpoint he's a scouts wet dream. And he's got plenty of the intangibles like smarts leadership grittiness to go a long way. Of course these prospects come with risk. But i totally get the excitement for him as a prospect.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:31 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody would be saying anything like that if he played for a team like Texas Tech.

People get overly excited about young QB’s winning on great teams in college. It means absolutely nothing.
Clemson doesn't often play a team with similar talent. You look at tonight, Lawrence got challenged and didn't step up.

Same thing as last year against LSU.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At the end of the day you can throw up all the negatives, there are very few drafts Lawrence wouldn't go 1st in.
I’ve already said he’s the #1 overall player and a very safe pick. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a bit overrated as well. He’s not the generational talent they make him out to be.

Hell, I’m not even sure that he’s better than last years #1 overall pick.

He has the longevity argument and he’s younger, but Burrow’s peak was higher.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think you just gotta go with the arm talent. The NFL has finally gotten more creative about transitioning non pro style qbs into the NFL. From a physical standpoint he's a scouts wet dream. And he's got plenty of the intangibles like smarts leadership grittiness to go a long way. Of course these prospects come with risk. But i totally get the excitement for him as a prospect.
He doesn’t have the arm talent of a Mahomes or Allen.

It’s more than adequate and he has a plus arm, but it isn’t truly elite.

I’ve already said he’s a great prospect and #1 in this draft though. It’s not like I’m being harsh at all here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:34 PM 01-01-2021
AFC getting all the QB prospects in recent years.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:34 PM 01-01-2021
I usually argue for taking high upside QBs over safe ones, and that was my thought process before taking Mahomes after so many years of meh at QB.

Lawrence though has such a rock solid floor that there’s no way you could pass on him at 1. Is his upside best in the league? Not to me, but he feels like a lock to be a 10-15 year starter about anywhere he goes.

It seems like Zach Wilson is the high upside guy this year.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:34 PM 01-01-2021
After that shit punt.
1st down home run bomb
[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 PM 01-01-2021
Lawrence will also get some flack for being on the map to long. When you win the title as a freshman and everyone says your the #1 pick at that point, it gets nitpicky.

It happens when guys are around forever.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:35 PM 01-01-2021
Refs trying to fuck thee
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I usually argue for taking high upside QBs over safe ones, and that was my thought process before taking Mahomes after so many years of meh at QB.

Lawrence though has such a rock solid floor that there’s no way you could pass on him at 1. Is his upside best in the league? Not to me, but he feels like a lock to be a 10-15 year starter about anywhere he goes.

It seems like Zach Wilson is the high upside guy this year.
Agreed with this post 100%.

Lance also though. He and Wilson are the upside guys.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 90
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up