ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins mulling sitting out 2020 season
RunKC 11:27 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is a completely different situation, the odds of the Chiefs trading him is very low.
Why?

I don’t like the thought of just cutting him. I think Denver would go after him hard and that would suck
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It would be similar to Frank Clark’s trade. Sammy gets traded and the new team gives him a new long term deal. New team gets the early low cap hits with a backloaded contract, Sammy gets another payday + $7 million from us next year.

Win/win for everybody involved
Why? They could trade for him and he would have a $14 million dollar cap hit. And they could cut him without losing anything but the pick they used to trade for him.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:13 PM 02-07-2020
It would be similar to Frank Clark’s trade. Sammy gets traded and the new team gives him a new long term deal. New team gets the early low cap hits with a backloaded contract, Sammy gets another payday + $7 million from us next year.

Clark was tagged.

Sammy is just expensive
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:28 PM 02-17-2020

Frank Clark was never in danger of being cut by Seattle so its nothing like the Clark trade at all.

The Chiefs wont keep Watkins unless he takes a massive pay cut or else he is gone. No team needs to trade for Watkins and give him a new deal when they can just give him the new deal, giving up a draft pick would be epically stupid.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:18 AM 02-07-2020
This is the best possible draft to get his replacement. This draft is loaded with excellent WR’s, especially being the 3rd/4th option in this offense.

Sammy is a luxury item. His value is high right now after the Super Bowl. We should absolutely be able to get a 3rd rd pick for him.
I'd prefer a 3rd in the 2020 draft vs. a 2021 comp pick.

Originally Posted by Mecca:
No one is trading for his contract, he's a cut.
You're trading for the right to restructure his contract, not his current 1/$14M deal.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:39 PM 02-07-2020
Who knows just know if we do lose him we are going to have to sign a WR because if not we're putting a ton of hope in Hardman and then we don't really have a 3.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:45 PM 02-07-2020
What about Dez Bryant on a one year deal to replace D Rob?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:00 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What about Dez Bryant on a one year deal to replace D Rob?
Not sure why. Dez is not a good route runner, and will only work the boundaries. The only thing Dez has over DRob, from what I can tell, is that he has better hands, most of the time. Dez has had some terrible drops as well in his career.

And wouldn't Dez be a lot more expensive than DRob?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:01 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure why. Dez is not a good route runner, and will only work the boundaries. The only thing Dez has over DRob, from what I can tell, is that he has better hands, most of the time. Dez has had some terrible drops as well in his career.

Dez is trying to come back from injury. Would be cheap
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:03 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dez is trying to come back from injury. Would be cheap
Hmm. Okay, I guess. Still not a Dez fan. But if he turned out to be more reliable . . .
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:01 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Plus he’s working out with Pat and Mecole
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:09 PM 02-07-2020
He may have nightmares of being traded to the Browns. shudder
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:31 PM 02-07-2020
Sammy has always been soft physically and reading between the lines it looks like he is soft emotionally and especially mentally. Don't get me wrong here, I love what Sammy can do on the field. Like I said, he has the best first move after the catch in order to keep the play going that I have ever seen.

But after reading this article and him acknowledging that he has many personal goals as WR not yet attained and a lot more football in him, doesn't say that he has that passion to continue to play the game. I think what he is really saying actually "to himself" is "why do I feel I have to possibly take a year off to clear my head when I am still young and have many personal WR goals to attain?".

On the surface, it appears like burnout BUT I really don't think it is. I think when he came here he entered the AR offense and he never worked harder in his life emotionally and mentally as WR in this complex very taxing offense to become that WR that Reid wanted. I really do think his softness physically, emotionally and mentally comes from past NFL teams trying to take his game to the next level and he wasn't willing to work that hard and the way he combated taking his game to the next level was injuries(in the unconscious that would finally surface) and he did here as well but AR was patient but still pushed him.

My point is this, Sammy has never had to work that hard at WR because of his extreme physical talent until he came here and AR challenging him everyday. I don't think it's so much about being burned out as it is "how bad do I really love football" to continue to work this hard to not only be a SB champion but even more so to attain those personal goals as a WR. This is what I read between the lines in this article.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:36 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Sammy has always been soft physically and reading between the lines it looks like he is soft emotionally and especially mentally. Don't get me wrong here, I love what Sammy can do on the field. Like I said, he has the best first move after the catch in order to keep the play going that I have ever seen.

But after reading this article and him acknowledging that he has many personal goals as WR not yet attained and a lot more football in him, doesn't say that he has that passion to continue to play the game. I think what he is really saying actually "to himself" is "why do I feel I have to possibly take a year off to clear my head when I am still young and have many personal WR goals to attain?".

On the surface, it appears like burnout BUT I really don't think it is. I think when he came here he entered the AR offense and he never worked harder in his life emotionally and mentally as WR in this complex very taxing offense to become that WR that Reid wanted. I really do think his softness physically, emotionally and mentally comes from past NFL teams trying to take his game to the next level and he wasn't willing to work that hard and the way he combated taking his game to the next level was injuries(in the unconscious that would finally surface) and he did here as well but AR was patient but still pushed him.

My point is this, Sammy has never had to work that hard at WR because of his extreme physical talent until he came here and AR challenging him everyday. I don't think it's so much about being burned out as it is "how bad do I really love football" to continue to work this hard to not only be a SB champion but even more so to attain those personal goals as a WR. This is what I read between the lines in this article.
You're such a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:49 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're such a fucking idiot.
I second that motion.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up