ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.
Not an issue yet but I am training the wife to take over the financials for us, just to be sure I dont send Bearcat $1000 accidently.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 AM 04-15-2024
BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"
[Reply]
wazu 10:12 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"
Give it a rest, dude.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:31 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Give it a rest, dude.

Shuddap, it was funny
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:01 AM 04-15-2024
Enjoy the retirement. Hopefullly pharma and med science can find a treatment
[Reply]
Dante84 10:13 AM 04-15-2024
Sorry to hear about this, BRC, but glad you're able to retire despite the terms.

I'm curious to know, if you're open to sharing: When did you realize you might have problem? Was it pointed out to you, or did you yourself recognize something wasn't right? Has it escalated? What's the frequency you encounter issues?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sorry to hear about this, BRC, but glad you're able to retire despite the terms.

I'm curious to know, if you're open to sharing: When did you realize you might have problem?
About 1 1/2 years ago. Started missing stuff at work I never missed before. Not a big deal but was new. Thought it was me, getting older.
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Has it escalated? What's the frequency you encounter issues?
yes, really escalated in the last few months. Went from forgetting to turn off a faucet, forget to do a to do thing to forgetting to pay a bill, posting stuff on social media and forgetting about it, then reposting. Planning stuff and forgetting about it. Talking about stuff as if its new but was already discussed and decided. Forgetting basic I.T. stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not an issue yet but I am training the wife to take over the financials for us, just to be sure I dont send Bearcat $1000 accidently.
"accidentally"

Like the 4,000 Venmo requests he "accidentally" sent to you?

:-)

Glad you're in good humor. Best of luck sir. My dumbass mind is the only part of my shit body that isn't broken down yet. I do not envy your position.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:30 AM 04-15-2024
About 1 1/2 years ago. Started missing stuff at work I never missed before. Not a big deal but was new. Thought it was me, getting older.
yes, really escalated in the last few months. Went from forgetting to turn off a faucet, forget to do a to do thing to forgetting to pay a bill, posting stuff on social media and forgetting about it, then reposting. Planning stuff and forgetting about it. Talking about stuff as if its new but was already discussed and decided. Forgetting basic I.T. stuff.
Forgive my complete ignorance on the topic, but does being aware of your condition help you avoid some of the memory issues, or does it make no difference?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:07 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Forgive my complete ignorance on the topic, but does being aware of your condition help you avoid some of the memory issues, or does it make no difference?
yes, it does make a difference. You write stuff down, keep track of stuff.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:35 AM 04-15-2024
Long covid?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:04 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Long covid?
Nope, never got it.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:35 AM 04-15-2024
Congratulations on your retirement. It sucks that it is being forced on you. I've flipped you shit on here on a pretty regular basis, but nobody wants to see someone else be forced into retirement due to failing health. I hope you have a blast during retirement and your short term memory loss only makes you forget the bad things.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:20 AM 04-15-2024
I had to retire for health reason too. Sucked as I wasn't ready. Took a long while to accept it. Good luck!!!
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:06 PM 04-15-2024
I'm trying to figure out if we have an epidemic or if short-term memory issues are common at a certain age but I've never been in the peer group to hear about it. But it seems like a lot of my peers in their 60s talk about having short-term memory issues (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up