ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1862 of 3903
« First < 862136217621812185218581859186018611862 186318641865186618721912196223622862 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:30 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Not to get political but I heard your Mayor the other day, she sounded like quite the...well let's just say power hungry person. I was going to make a reference to Germany but.....
You'd be out of line with that comment. Living here, I'm fine with how Chicago has handled this with us being the most aligned with NYC in many categories. IL is unique in that one county mostly drives the data that decision makers lean most on. Lot of legacy families here, culturally taking in their elderly. Lot of communities where a virus is low on the totem pole of things to be worried about day in and day out even when you know it can kill you and your loved ones.

My issue is a criteria set to open up that can never be attained. A dangling carrot.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:31 PM 05-04-2020
All I know is this, part of my retirement plan is to have enough $ to live in a nice assisted living facility. I saw the nursing home my Grandfather was sent to and I can't imagine how he didn't pray to not wake up every night. Between most nursing homes I have been in and death, just roll me off the ****ing bridge and call it a day.
Cocaine and hookers for me , people only leave nursing’s homes one way so I don’t plan on entering one.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:32 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 07:33 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You'd be out of line with that comment. Living here, I'm fine with how Chicago has handled this with us being the most aligned with NYC in many categories. IL is unique in that one county mostly drives the data that decision makers lean most on. Lot of legacy families here, culturally taking in their elderly. Lot of communities where a virus is low on the totem pole of things to be worried about day in and day out even when you know it can kill you and your loved ones.

My issue is a criteria set to open up that can never be attained. A dangling carrot.
Perhaps but when I hear a Mayor talking about "we are watching you" and meaning even your social media posts and threatening to take you to jail for talking about stuff on Twitter it does not come off very well at all.

Especially when she has already violated her own rules because she felt she needed a haircut because she takes her personal hygiene seriously.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:44 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/amichaistein1/st...474597889?s=21

Says they’re ready to have it produced by companies
Is this legit? Seems like people are questioning it on mentions
[Reply]
DaFace 07:49 PM 05-04-2020
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/st...050651139?s=21

Interesting thread from Silver here
This is basically where I'm at.

Plus, distancing will likely erode further. I don't think people should *necessarily* expect to see an *explosion* of new cases. It may lead to a long plateau at high numbers, though.

Maybe we get lucky and weather offsets some of this, although then there are problems in fall.

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) May 5, 2020

I don't expect there to be a huge "spike" or "second wave," but it's kind of looking like the downward slope is going to be pretty gradual. Add in a lower level of social distancing, and it's probably just gonna be a long slog without really seeing much progress in either direction.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:51 PM 05-04-2020
And this.

FWIW, there may also be some effects from partial herd immunity in edge cases, e.g. cases are falling faster than the model thinks they "should" be falling in NY. This effect is likely to be negligible for most of the country, though.

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) May 4, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 07:57 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is basically where I'm at.

I don't expect there to be a huge "spike" or "second wave," but it's kind of looking like the downward slope is going to be pretty gradual. Add in a lower level of social distancing, and it's probably just gonna be a long slog without really seeing much progress in either direction.
Social distancing in and of itself is not very pragmatic. While it can and probably should be practiced in some places, and not just because of the virus but because I don't want to smell your bad breath, it just poses a certain impracticality.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:57 PM 05-04-2020
Any movement on the cattle issues?
Last week we killed ~425k. A year ago we killed ~675K during the same week. If we get below 60% of regular beef harvest for any length of time it probably won't be good. I don't know what it's like in your area, but our Walmart aisle didn't have any fresh meat yesterday. Industry insiders are looking forward to more restaurants trying to open, but then they'll turn right around and worry about keeping the kill lines staffed. Sorting through the rumors and confusion is worse than trying to keep up with this thread.

I called the local butcher today and he said he was booked up until the end of September. So even if you get your hands on some of the free pigs being given away you better be able to cut it up yourself. If you can gut, cool, and chunk a pig on your own they can be had for $50 if you'd take enough to make it worth their time.

Some very large poultry producers are starting hatches again. That tells me they are very optimistic about what'll be going on 6-8 weeks from now.

There's a bigger hand at play in the long game right now as well. China is gearing up to start making large purchases in the global Ag sector while countries are struggling. Those cock suckers already hold an interest in the largest pork production company in the US. Thankfully, beef processors are making record profits right now so they'll be playing hard ball, but they're probing the poultry companies pretty hard right now.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:00 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Last week we killed ~425k. A year ago we killed ~675K during the same week. If we get below 60% of regular beef harvest for any length of time it probably won't be good. I don't know what it's like in your area, but our Walmart aisle didn't have any fresh meat yesterday. Industry insiders are looking forward to more restaurants trying to open, but then they'll turn right around and worry about keeping the kill lines staffed. Sorting through the rumors and confusion is worse than trying to keep up with this thread.

I called the local butcher today and he said he was booked up until the end of September. So even if you get your hands on some of the free pigs being given away you better be able to cut it up yourself. If you can gut, cool, and chunk a pig on your own they can be had for $50 if you'd take enough to make it worth their time.

Some very large poultry producers are starting hatches again. That tells me they are very optimistic about what'll be going on 6-8 weeks from now.

There's a bigger hand at play in the long game right now as well. China is gearing up to start making large purchases in the global Ag sector while countries are struggling. Those cock suckers already hold an interest in the largest pork production company in the US. Thankfully, beef processors are making record profits right now so they'll be playing hard ball, but they're probing the poultry companies pretty hard right now.
Fuck China!! At least their government. Love the food though.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:02 PM 05-04-2020
**** China!! At least their government. Love the food though.
I am not sure if you would like true Chinese food, check out ugly delicious on nextflix.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:08 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I am not sure if you would like true Chinese food, check out ugly delicious on nextflix.
Yep. There is a HUGE difference between Americanized Chinese and real Chinese food.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Well I have never been to China and don't plan on going in the near future so I will just take my cashew chicken as is and be happy.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 05-04-2020
Dr. Armstrong who is a Director of a nursing home said they actually say positive results with HCQ but you have to start when the symptoms are mild and that too many of the treatments were at the hospital when it was essentially too late. Not sure what the "clinical tests" did but there appears to be a growing population of doctors that support HCQ.

Take it for what it's worth.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:19 PM 05-04-2020
I just heard that the Governors in CA and MD banned all protests? Are you fucking serious? Sorry, don't want to get political but you cannot do that.
[Reply]
Page 1862 of 3903
« First < 862136217621812185218581859186018611862 186318641865186618721912196223622862 > Last »
Up