ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 82
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
Ted Theodore Logan 10:00 PM 01-20-2007
Anyone in Lees Summit remember Humphry Klinkers?
Or up north of the river the old Gold Buffet?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:26 PM 01-20-2007
Originally Posted by Big Jim Slade:
Sounds familiar. What/where was it?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:36 PM 01-20-2007
Ruby Tuesdays is simply the best sit down restaurant, not too pricey, not too fancy but great steak and food.

If you are ever up by Gladstone, go to Hayes Hamburgers. Especially after bar close. It really reminds me of the place on Waynes World, except with hamburgers. Small place, alot of regulars, but great atmosphere. Highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:38 PM 01-20-2007
Originally Posted by Big Jim Slade:
vaguely....what was it and where was it at??
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:49 AM 01-21-2007
Chi's Chi's Mexican Restaurant... a celebration of diarrhea
[Reply]
CosmicPal 12:09 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88:
Chi's Chi's Mexican Restaurant... a celebration of diarrhea
We used to eat their lunch buffet sometimes. One summer while I was in college, I used to work for a retail golf shop in OPKS. Some of the guys and I used to head over to the buffet until one day this guy came into the shop and went to our restroom. It just happened to be my fuggen day to clean the restrooms too.

The SOB exhumed the most gawdawful vomit job I've ever, and will ever witness in my lifetime. It was everywhere. As soon as you opened the door, the odor slapped you in the face. The entire floor was covered in near ankle deep vomit. It was so bad, we had to locate the snow shovel and use it to scoop up the vomit. And when I mean "we" I mean I made someone help me clean it up 'cause I wasn't going to do it myself. But, it was obvious to us, and everyone else who had the courage to take a look at it, that the tard ate at Chi-Chi's.

Anyways, after that- none of us ever ate at Chi-Chi's again. Ever.
[Reply]
Adept Havelock 12:20 PM 01-21-2007
Pats Cafe at Loma Vista in South KC.

Biggest and best damn Cinnamon Rolls I've ever had in my life.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:23 PM 01-21-2007
I remember....

Chi Chi's, White Castle, Shoneys, Pizza Inn or something like that and thats it.
[Reply]
Extra Point 12:30 PM 01-21-2007
Drove by Mugs Up in Independence last week. That brought up memories with Mom & Dad, and the other two screaming siblings. We used to frequent the DQ at near Brush Creek & Troost, after a day of fishing at Lake Jacomo.

I remember Joe's restaurant, when Joe was behind the counter. Best burger with grilled onions, ever. That was on 39th, near State Line in KCMO, wasn't it?
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:30 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by Adept Havelock:
Pats Cafe at Loma Vista in South KC.

Biggest and best damn Cinnamon Rolls I've ever had in my life.

I'm making T J Cinnamons (supposedly) cinnamon rolls with the g/f this morning...

Boy I remember that smell in WardParkway...

Dave
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:31 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
If you are ever up by Gladstone, go to Hayes Hamburgers. Especially after bar close. It really reminds me of the place on Waynes World, except with hamburgers. Small place, alot of regulars, but great atmosphere. Highly recommend it.

Hayes Hamburgers is pretty damn cool :-)

Dave
[Reply]
Sully 12:32 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
I'm making T J Cinnamons (supposedly) cinnamon rolls with the g/f this morning...

Boy I remember that smell in WardParkway...

Dave
Got a recipe?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 12:35 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Minsky's wasn't even as good as lame ol' Pizza Hut.
Wow. I couldn't disagree more.
[Reply]
Stewie 12:42 PM 01-21-2007
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
ORLY? Hmmmm. Are they open 24/7, with breakfast served at all times?(The best part about KTP was getting breakfast food at 2 am.)
This place sounds promising.
It's south on I-35, probably too far to drive if you're on the Missouri side. I usually make a plan to stop there if I'm heading that way.

Here's the restaurant page, and yes it's 24/7.

http://www.betojunction.com/restaurant.htm
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:44 PM 01-21-2007
Has anyone mentioned Texas Tom's yet?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 82
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up