ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 2687
« First < 109159199205206207208209 2102112122132192593097091209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 AM 06-10-2017
Brad Childress said that Matt Nagy will be a HC someday. IIRC Andy and John have actually talked him up before.

Wonder if he could be our next coach? He just turned 39, so he still needs time and some seasoning, but Andy is starting to get up there in age. I think Andy can still coach for 7 more years barring health issues, but I'm not so sure Nagy will be here that long if the right job opens.

Might be early, but I can definitely see them having a plan for him.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:11 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Steve Young is another
Steve Young entered the USFL and was 3-16 in Tampa before he became a back up in SF.

He played, and he started at least one game ever year in SF when he was the back up.

Not really the same thing.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 06-10-2017
My Mahomes jersey came in yesterday :-)
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:46 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The only way I see Alex firmly entrenched as the starter going into 2018 is if he not only has a huge statistical year (4200 yards, 30+ TDs, >12 INTs), but if he can consistently show the ability to lead this team from behind in the fourth quarter/crunch time. He teases us by occasionally showing he has the ABILITY to do that, but never the consistency to be that guy.

It appears we've gone as far as we can with Alex. It's a damn sight better from the days of Croyle, Cassel, and Quinn, to be sure, but it sure feels like we're up against the ceiling now.
I see it Alex needs to bring us results and I'm not talking about season wins or else we will show him the door. It also depends of Mahomes' progress.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:58 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
For the record. I think a lot of this in-fighting is sooooo stupid.

A). I like Alex smith

B). I like The PMII pick. (Skeptical at first, but liking what I'm learning)

C). Alex's days are numbered. But wanting him to fail is stupid

D). PMII starts someday. But wanting him to start too soon is also stupid.

E). If it's this year, next year, or even 5 years from now; PMII wins the job from evolving in the film room, on practice field and maybe even capitalizing a chance to play during a game. It will happen regardless of Alex's production. But will accelerate with Alex's status quo alone, let alone his descending play (it's inevitable, and I'm a fan)

F). For finally; The arguing over when, where and what all the variables will mean (and how they'll play out) before they even sniffed reality, furthers the argument; some people will fight over a gold brick because of its shape.........
Solid post, coffey. I like Alex and i like 2PM. Right now, I'm glad to have both.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:39 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Steve Young entered the USFL and was 3-16 in Tampa before he became a back up in SF.

He played, and he started at least one game ever year in SF when he was the back up.

Not really the same thing.
pretty much cleanup duty like Daniel or Todd Collins. Doing backup shit as the backup
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:29 PM 06-10-2017
Wonder if Andy will kick the tires on him?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-to-coach-nfl

Four-time Pro Bowl quarterback Michael Vick, who officially retired this offseason, would like to return to the NFL -- as a coach.

"I would love to coach in the National Football League one day," Vick told ESPN's Adam Schefter on his "Know Them From Adam" podcast. "... At some point, I'd definitely love to help work with young quarterbacks and develop them and still compete, you know, with the team and with the coaches.

"It's another way to chase a championship. You know I'm not done. I'm not done by any means. You know I didn't get the championship when I was playing, so, hey, maybe I'd get lucky one year, maybe fortunate enough to join the staff that may be good enough."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:35 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Four-time Pro Bowl quarterback Michael Vick, who officially retired this offseason, would like to return to the NFL -- as a coach.

"I would love to coach in the National Football League one day," Vick told ESPN's Adam Schefter on his "Know Them From Adam" podcast. "... At some point, I'd definitely love to help work with young quarterbacks and develop them and still compete, you know, with the team and with the coaches.

"It's another way to chase a championship. You know I'm not done. I'm not done by any means. You know I didn't get the championship when I was playing, so, hey, maybe I'd get lucky one year, maybe fortunate enough to join the staff that may be good enough."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's got the pedigree and pitbull attitude, I think he could do it.
[Reply]
Line Judge 08:37 PM 06-10-2017

NO
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:44 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Line Judge:

NO

What is the possible benefit of him as a coach? He was an athletic freak, not a fundamental(s) specimen.
[Reply]
-King- 06:51 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
What is the possible benefit of him as a coach? He was an athletic freak, not a fundamental(s) specimen.
He knows Andy Reid's system and seeing as how he's a righty who taught himself how to throw with his left hand (his throwing mechanics/motion is as good as they get) I think he'd be a good person to work on mahomes mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
New World Order 07:08 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Brad Childress said that Matt Nagy will be a HC someday. IIRC Andy and John have actually talked him up before.

Wonder if he could be our next coach? He just turned 39, so he still needs time and some seasoning, but Andy is starting to get up there in age. I think Andy can still coach for 7 more years barring health issues, but I'm not so sure Nagy will be here that long if the right job opens.

Might be early, but I can definitely see them having a plan for him.

Never know with Andy. He could drop dead next week or go on coaching for 20 more years.

He still coached after his two sons had all of those substance abuse problems, and then later his son overdose.

I just don't ever see him retiring.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:25 AM 06-11-2017
Michael Vick as a coach?

I'm sure he would like to.

I cant think of a single reason why he might be any good at it.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:26 AM 06-11-2017
Yeah, Andy is gonna coach till the BBQ kills him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:43 AM 06-11-2017
Buck as a coach makes no sense. He can't read defenses and is not student of the game.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 2687
« First < 109159199205206207208209 2102112122132192593097091209 > Last »
Up