ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3540 of 3903
« First < 2540304034403490353035363537353835393540 3541354235433544355035903640 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 08:25 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Mississippi is a perfect storm of right-wing anti-vaxxers and poor black people who are suspicious of the vaccine. Not trying to get political - just stating facts.
I think the explanation is far simpler than that:

[Reply]
DaFace 08:25 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You like Balloux and his Covid thoughts?
He likes anyone who agrees with his preconceived conclusions.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:31 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He likes anyone who agrees with his preconceived conclusions.
Unlike you, I didn't start with a conclusion.

Balloux outlined how there were 2 paths, mitigation and suppression.

In the United States, a supposed democracy, we never debated this but had politicians choose suppression for us without public debate.

Going in, I had no side. I listened to the arguments for both and chose. Most Americans never heard the other side (which was the standard developed by Western public health for decades).
[Reply]
DaFace 08:37 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Unlike you, I didn't start with a conclusion.

Balloux outlined how there were 2 paths, mitigation and suppression.

In the United States, a supposed democracy, we never debated this but had politicians choose suppression for us without public debate.

Going in, I had no side. I listened to the arguments for both and chose. Most Americans never heard the other side (which was the standard developed by Western public health for decades).
If that were the case, you wouldn't do things like cite the WHO when it fits your narrative:

But then conveniently ignore their guidance that you don't agree with:

In light of sky-rocketing cases of the COVID-19 Delta variant around the globe, last week the WHO called for all vaccinated people to continue to wear masks.

The CDC, however, has not followed suit. https://t.co/nY4fCJLQDy

— ABC News (@ABC) July 1, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 07-01-2021
He has pretty good insights. I'm sure there will be areas where we disagree.

I started following him when he outlined the two options we had early in 2020:

Mitigation or Suppression.
His insights into Dr. Malone and his using credentials he doesn't have to push questionable data were interesting.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:40 AM 07-01-2021
If that were the case, you wouldn't do things like cite the WHO when it fits your narrative:

But then conveniently ignore their guidance that you don't agree with:

I don't care what the WHO says. It is overall captured by Big Pharma and China.

Once in a while, you can learn things even from such an organization.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:43 AM 07-01-2021
His insights into Dr. Malone and his using credentials he doesn't have to push questionable data were interesting.
I think Malone certainly was one of the big shots with that technology, back in the day.

He certainly can't be "the inventor" of mRNA as there would be a list of 50+ people.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:43 AM 07-01-2021
I don't care what the WHO says. It is overall captured by Big Pharma and China.

Once in a while, you can learn things even from such an organization.
So you trust their guidance on vaccines (when they're "captured by Big Pharma and China") but not their guidance on masks? That's an interesting choice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 07-01-2021
I think Malone certainly was one of the big shots with that technology, back in the day.

He certainly can't be "the inventor" of mRNA as there would be a list of 50+ people.
He's also pushing quacky studies, which would/should make some eyebrows raise when comparing some of the other stuff he's saying.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:45 AM 07-01-2021
So you trust their guidance on vaccines (when they're "captured by Big Pharma and China") but not their guidance on masks? That's an interesting choice.
No, I don't trust their guidance at all. Just found it interesting that even they weren't pushing the vaccines on children, as opposed to the CDC.

The politics pushed them to remove or change the recommendation.

They also changed the scientific definition of herd immunity to remove people that already had Covid.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:48 AM 07-01-2021
He's also pushing quacky studies, which would/should make some eyebrows raise when comparing some of the other stuff he's saying.
Such as?
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:19 AM 07-01-2021
I think the explanation is far simpler than that:

Correlation/causation. There have been plenty of articles to the effect that the black community is generally suspicious of the US govt sticking stuff in their arms (for legitimate historical reasons).

And you just need to peek in the DC covid thread to see the other component.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 07-01-2021
Such as?
3 lives saved, 2 lives lost per vaccination.
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:27 AM 07-01-2021
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas reported its biggest one-day spike in coronavirus cases in four months Wednesday, an increase the state’s governor said was being fueled by the delta variant of the virus.

The state reported 686 new virus cases, bringing its total since the pandemic began to 349,385. The state’s active cases, meaning those that don’t include people who have recovered or died from the virus, increased by 398 to 3,763.

The one-day increase in cases was the state’s highest since it reported 726 on Feb. 25.

The state’s COVID-19 hospitalizations increased by 19 to 325 and deaths increased by four to 5,909.

“The high number of cases today makes it clear that the delta variant is increasing the spread of the virus,” Gov. Asa Hutchinson tweeted Wednesday afternoon. Hutchinson, however, said the good news was that the state reported more than 10,000 new vaccinations.

The delta variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 was first detected in India.

Arkansas has had one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Nearly 42% of the state’s population has received at least one dose of the vaccine and about 34% have completed their vaccination, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:27 AM 07-01-2021
3 lives saved, 2 lives lost per vaccination.
I saw that and found it interesting. Interesting because they were trying to work out the math.

When I glanced at it (didn't spend much time with it) it appeared there were a lot of assumptions.

Doesn't seem so easy to do.

But I will give credit for the attempt. Far better than just saying vaccines are all benefit and no risk.

I would like to see someone attempt to answer it with a cost-benefit analysis of their own. Because anyone who says there are zero drawbacks isn't being honest, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 3540 of 3903
« First < 2540304034403490353035363537353835393540 3541354235433544355035903640 > Last »
Up